- 03-25-2013, 08:09 AM
Hey I was wondering if I could get some advice.. I have just changed my training program from a 6 day p/w body split to training 3 days per week doing rest pause training. What I have trouble grasping is only training 3 days per week. I'm trying to achieve lean gains, but I'm concerned being in the gym only 3 days per week will not keep me "in shape"or give me good gains. I realise diet is the foundation to all this and I will eat more on training days than non training days.. I also understand that my muscles need time to Recover from this style of training to grow. I was considering doing 2 20 min hiit sessions on off lifting days, but wonder if that will inhibit/prevent muscle gains? If anyone could share their thoughts about weather I'm on the right track with 3 day week training and if I should stay away from cardio if trying to achieve gains?
- 03-27-2013, 01:35 AM
- 5'11" 205 lbs.
- Join Date
- Jan 2013
- Rep Power
- Lv. Percent
Short cardio sessions will only aid you. It won't affect muscle gain unless you are doing Lon grueling cardio sessions and are not eating right
Focus on diet and gains should come
Similar Forum Threads
- By nightowlman in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 20Last Post: 10-18-2007, 05:49 PM
- By Landmonster in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 7Last Post: 06-01-2006, 09:12 PM
- By o-dub in forum Training ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 05-20-2005, 01:07 PM
- By iron addict in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 9Last Post: 09-25-2003, 08:25 PM
- By YellowJacket in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 1Last Post: 03-04-2003, 05:56 PM