Lost my inspiration

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  156 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.5%

Lost my inspiration

I started off well at the gym and now ive lost my enthusiasm :-( I've got to go to the gym after work and by that time I'm so tired :-(

How do I get out of that and become more active and energised and get my butt in the gym after work??

Please help xxx

2. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.03%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by prettynginger View Post
    I started off well at the gym and now ive lost my enthusiasm :-( I've got to go to the gym after work and by that time I'm so tired :-(

How do I get out of that and become more active and energised and get my butt in the gym after work??

Please help xxx
    I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I went on vacation a few weeks ago and ever since I've been back my workouts have been lacking. I went from working out 5-6 days a week to 2-3 days a week within a 2 week span. It's been 2 weeks and I'm only starting to push myself again. These bumps in the road will happen. The great thing is you can do something about it. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, re-evaluate your goals, change your workouts so you don't get bored, and start anew. Just want you to know that you're not alone, and to keep at it, because you deserve it.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.32%
    Achievements Reputation Pro

maybe try to workout before you go to work. thats what my buddy started doing because he felt like crap after work. also try taking some pre workout supp after work to give u some energy.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  156 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.5%

I was going to go in the morning, but because of work schedules and family life I'm not able to :-( I really want to improve my self esteem and body but find it hard to find the motivation and it's getting me down!
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.7%
    Achievements Reputation ProPosting Pro

I was going to go in the morning, but because of work schedules and family life I'm not able to :-( I really want to improve my self esteem and body but find it hard to find the motivation and it's getting me down!
    The most important thing to do is keep at it regardless of the intensity. Even if you just do half or 1/3 of what you were doing, when you come back around to hitting it 100% you will still be steps ahead instead of 2 steps back as when you first started. Good luck I wish you well, I deal with this often although bodybuilding is my only hobby. From personal experience, taking a week or two off doesn't give you that hunger to train at 100% intensity. You have to want it mentally and time away usually equals taking steps backward in progress.
    Truth
  6. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.47%

I say order a good supplement For working out either it be fat loss or what ever u prefer. It will prolly make u look FOWARD to seeing results . Unless ur already taking good supps
  7. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.09%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityReputation VeteranReputation RoyaltyPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Maybe try working out before work.
  8. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.72%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting Royalty

My wife had the same problem of being tired after work. However, once I got her to start taking a protein shake about 90 minutes before she went to the gym, she started having more motivation and improved performance. Although she doesn't always use it, I also got her to start taking a 200mg caffeine tab if she was really tired.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  156 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.5%

Got my motivation back :-) looking to start hitting the gym like I'm meant to.

I'm looking to change my routine a bit-mixing it up...

I will be going to the gym Wednesday-Sunday (due to family and things-Monday and Tuesday will be my rest days)

So... I want to start off with cardio on a Wednesday (cross trainer, bike and swimming)

And now I need your help... I want to loose weight and tone up, so do I do alternate cardio days such as Wednesday, Friday and Sunday and on the other days do kettle bell, viper, push ups??

Still new to the gym, so still not 100% confident but want to be.

Any help with a regime would be great and how many calories a day should I be eating? I'll also be starting to have a protein drink after gym?

I hate sounding clueless but we have to start somewhere :-) and today's the day xxx
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.64%

Got my motivation back :-) looking to start hitting the gym like I'm meant to.

I'm looking to change my routine a bit-mixing it up...

I will be going to the gym Wednesday-Sunday (due to family and things-Monday and Tuesday will be my rest days)

So... I want to start off with cardio on a Wednesday (cross trainer, bike and swimming)

And now I need your help... I want to loose weight and tone up, so do I do alternate cardio days such as Wednesday, Friday and Sunday and on the other days do kettle bell, viper, push ups??

Still new to the gym, so still not 100% confident but want to be.

Any help with a regime would be great and how many calories a day should I be eating? I'll also be starting to have a protein drink after gym?

I hate sounding clueless but we have to start somewhere :-) and today's the day xxx
    try myfitnesspal.com

its a good start.
    Log of EPIC by FRL - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/202576-should-epic-frl.html
  11. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.47%

Quote Originally Posted by StangBanger

try myfitnesspal.com

its a good start.
    I just started this app about a week ago... Very good app man lost 4 pounds already ... Highly recommend
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.64%

Quote Originally Posted by ck Black View Post
    I just started this app about a week ago... Very good app man lost 4 pounds already ... Highly recommend
    make sure you re-adjust the carb/protein/fats... they set it up for the average bear.. if you train hard its not a good balance..
    Log of EPIC by FRL - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/202576-should-epic-frl.html
  13. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.47%

Quote Originally Posted by StangBanger

make sure you re-adjust the carb/protein/fats... they set it up for the average bear.. if you train hard its not a good balance..
    Yea protein is set at 60 g , Def set too low but I just go over that amount ,
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.64%

Yea protein is set at 60 g , Def set too low but I just go over that amount ,
    you can customize it keeping the cals the same and adjust percentage for macros....and put in like 40/20/20 or whatever you prefer... its in the options...
  15. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.47%

Ic ic I'll def tweak this thing now that I know how thanks
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'2"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.93%
    Achievements Reputation Pro

Quote Originally Posted by StangBanger View Post
    try myfitnesspal.com

its a good start.
    It's all mental, when you are ready to hit the gym you'll know. Sometimes you just have to push yourself a little. I used to workout after work (before they changed my schedule) and it was a struggle some days, but nothing a little caffeine doesn't fix. Something as simple as a small cup of coffee or tea can help too. Just a little to push you.

Ic ic I'll def tweak this thing now that I know how thanks
    Great program. I've been using it for 7 months or so ... dropped quite a few lbs already and found some great motivation. If you do start using it look me up (Lexagon). I'm always up for being motivational.
    Journal - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/female-fitness/199622-here-we-go.html#post3349653

Similar Forum Threads

1. Inspiration to others - .never give up
    By The Matrix in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-04-2012, 01:30 AM
  2. Need inspiration? Here is a lesson on how to be kicka$$
    By Leggo my Ego in forum General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-06-2007, 06:47 AM
  3. Inspiration
    By peece in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0