My Journey..

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. New Member
    banthony22's Avatar
    Stats
    5'0"  124 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    127
    Rep Power
    1224
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    56.49%

    Cool My Journey..


    Won't you join me!

    First of all this is so unlike me to put all my stuff out there. Normally I just ask questions and keep the rest to myself. But following in Chevy6schick's footsteps, I decided to start a journey, in the hopes that I can get help, support and encouragment along the way. With that said if you are going to be mean and cruel, please don't comment. Like I tell my first graders, if you don't have anything nice to say then say nothing at all

    To start, a little background. I'm a 27 year old teacher. I love my job especially the stress that comes with it. I take my work home with me a lot so I stay busy. I grew up playing basketball, softball, running track and swimming. I wasn't happy unless I was outside playing some sort of a sport. I guess you could say I was a tomboy, but a cute one atleast! haha...any way, after hs, I kept up with the gym for a year, then I decided to party like a rockstar. Getting older, and eating like crap and not doing anything but go to class, well you can imagine, I gained weight. Now 140, may not sound like a lot to some of you. But keep in mind I'm practically a midget at 5'0 so, that is a lot of weight for me to carry. I went through spurts after college of working out, then not, then doing it again. But life always got in the way. I'm sick of the excuses I'M making and have no one to blame but myself. I decided to make some life changes in fitness and other personal areas. So this is the start of it.

    I started making a workout/nutrition binder. I have my goals written out, I have some inspirational quotes, and some "before" photos. I don't feel the need to post my measurements on here, not sure I'm comfortable with that. But my trouble areas are my stomach, and arms. I've always had some thighs and a booty, guess I could tone those thighs, but I hope my booty stays. My boyfriend loves it too much lol. Any way, that's all I will say about my body type, midget, wanting to tone a few trouble spots and make some life changes in healthy eating and workout habits.

    So far, I've lost 1 pound by dieting alone. I'm giving up monster energy drinks, which I LOVE, and drinking green tea instead. I've also cleaned out a room in the back that includes all of my workout gear. I'm starting the workouts on Friday. I wanted to try the "diet" first and try and get my body accustomed to that.
    I guess that's all for now. I will update this soon. Look forward to hearing what you all have to say. Be nice, or I will have my 19 6 year olds come find you.

  2. The Female Terminator
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  114 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,171
    Rep Power
    364602
    Level
    75
    Lv. Percent
    89.68%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by banthony22 View Post
    Won't you join me!

    First of all this is so unlike me to put all my stuff out there. Normally I just ask questions and keep the rest to myself. But following in Chevy6schick's footsteps, I decided to start a journey, in the hopes that I can get help, support and encouragment along the way. With that said if you are going to be mean and cruel, please don't comment. Like I tell my first graders, if you don't have anything nice to say then say nothing at all

    To start, a little background. I'm a 27 year old teacher. I love my job especially the stress that comes with it. I take my work home with me a lot so I stay busy. I grew up playing basketball, softball, running track and swimming. I wasn't happy unless I was outside playing some sort of a sport. I guess you could say I was a tomboy, but a cute one atleast! haha...any way, after hs, I kept up with the gym for a year, then I decided to party like a rockstar. Getting older, and eating like crap and not doing anything but go to class, well you can imagine, I gained weight. Now 140, may not sound like a lot to some of you. But keep in mind I'm practically a midget at 5'0 so, that is a lot of weight for me to carry. I went through spurts after college of working out, then not, then doing it again. But life always got in the way. I'm sick of the excuses I'M making and have no one to blame but myself. I decided to make some life changes in fitness and other personal areas. So this is the start of it.

    I started making a workout/nutrition binder. I have my goals written out, I have some inspirational quotes, and some "before" photos. I don't feel the need to post my measurements on here, not sure I'm comfortable with that. But my trouble areas are my stomach, and arms. I've always had some thighs and a booty, guess I could tone those thighs, but I hope my booty stays. My boyfriend loves it too much lol. Any way, that's all I will say about my body type, midget, wanting to tone a few trouble spots and make some life changes in healthy eating and workout habits.

    So far, I've lost 1 pound by dieting alone. I'm giving up monster energy drinks, which I LOVE, and drinking green tea instead. I've also cleaned out a room in the back that includes all of my workout gear. I'm starting the workouts on Friday. I wanted to try the "diet" first and try and get my body accustomed to that.
    I guess that's all for now. I will update this soon. Look forward to hearing what you all have to say. Be nice, or I will have my 19 6 year olds come find you.
    "I'm sick of the excuses I'M making and have no one to blame but myself. I decided to make some life changes in fitness and other personal areas." Glad to see that you own the responsibility - this is awesome! And definitely a positive step in taking control of your life in managing your fitness and everything else - so kudos for that.

    "I started making a workout/nutrition binder. I have my goals written out, I have some inspirational quotes, and some "before" photos. I don't feel the need to post my measurements on here, not sure I'm comfortable with that. But my trouble areas are my stomach, and arms. I've always had some thighs and a booty, guess I could tone those thighs, but I hope my booty stays. My boyfriend loves it too much lol. Any way, that's all I will say about my body type, midget, wanting to tone a few trouble spots and make some life changes in healthy eating and workout habits."

    Good. Make sure your goals are SMART goals. And remember that no matter what, you can always ADJUST them along the way if need be.

    Also remember that you can NOT "spot reduce" any area - it's like trying to empty a pool of water from one side only and expecting the water on one side only to go down. You can't say, "I'm going to lose here and here, but keep this" - your body does not work like that, and if your goal is fat loss, then you will lose fat from ALL over, some areas losing it faster than others, and generally an area lost from last.

    Losing weight, as I've mentioned to you before, is easy, but you want to make sure you ONLY lose FAT. That said, the FIRST priority of fat loss SHOULD be MAINTAINING the muscle mass that you currently have, with fat loss secondary - yes, you CAN do this (remember that if you lose lean body mass, it's not necessarily muscle, since lean body mass is ANYthing in your body that is NOT bodyfat!)

    You can start training whenever you like. Make small changes as you go along, adjusting them as need be along the way.

    All the best in achieving what you want to!

    ~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. Advanced Member
    JajaNe20's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    667
    Rep Power
    138761
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    36.1%

    I'm in for the journey! Full speed!
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    banthony22's Avatar
    Stats
    5'0"  124 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    127
    Rep Power
    1224
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    56.49%

    Rosie, my goals are smart goals. I'm reading PUSH, by chalene johnson and it talks about setting smart goals, so I'm all over that!!
    Thank you for continuing to give me good advice, that's why I'm here, for help!
  5. New Member
    banthony22's Avatar
    Stats
    5'0"  124 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    127
    Rep Power
    1224
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    56.49%

    Quote Originally Posted by JajaNe20 View Post
    I'm in for the journey! Full speed!
    Thanks for joining my journey
  6. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    AaronJP1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    18,783
    Rep Power
    3341318
    Level
    91
    Lv. Percent
    99.15%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Is it free to join?
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  7. New Member
    banthony22's Avatar
    Stats
    5'0"  124 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    127
    Rep Power
    1224
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    56.49%

    Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Is it free to join?
    Yes it's free, but the you must be supportive and helpful in order to fulfill your job!!
  8. New Member
    banthony22's Avatar
    Stats
    5'0"  124 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    127
    Rep Power
    1224
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    56.49%

    Starting the workouts today! WOooo

    Here is today's work out. Keep in mind I have a home gym, and I'm improvising! I'm also not trying to do too much until I figure out what my body can do so not using any weights today. But I will soon

    5 rounds:
    Bodyweight squats 30 seconds

    15 second rest

    Alternating reverse lunges 30 seconds

    15 second rest

    Jumping jacks 30 seconds

    15 seconds rest

    Inchworm 30 seconds

    15 second rest

    jumping jacks 30 seconds

    15 seconds rest

    Mountain climbers 30 seconds

    15 second rest

    side lunges right side 30 seconds

    15 second rest

    side lunges left side 30 seconds

    15 seconds rest

    Now after that I was thinking of going for a light jog for maybe 20 minutes probably a brisk walk after that lol. What do you guys think?!
  9. The Female Terminator
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  114 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,171
    Rep Power
    364602
    Level
    75
    Lv. Percent
    89.68%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by banthony22 View Post
    Starting the workouts today! WOooo

    Here is today's work out. Keep in mind I have a home gym, and I'm improvising! I'm also not trying to do too much until I figure out what my body can do so not using any weights today. But I will soon

    ...

    Now after that I was thinking of going for a light jog for maybe 20 minutes probably a brisk walk after that lol. What do you guys think?!
    Even at home, you can do a lot of resistance exercises with just your bodyweight, or adapt with things around the house for more resistance (i.e. using tire tubes for "cables", doorframes or beams for "pull-up" bars, etc.). Check out my article The Emergency Workout: Don't have time to go to the gym? Train at home with an improvised session . . . for some ideas on what you can do (ignore the title - you can do this at home any time).

    You can go for a run after resistance training, but I would say just do the jog; there is no need to do a lot of cardio.

    ~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  10. New Member
    banthony22's Avatar
    Stats
    5'0"  124 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    127
    Rep Power
    1224
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    56.49%

    I have resistance bands too that I can use and incorporate in later! I'll check out the article, thank ya!!
  11. New Member
    banthony22's Avatar
    Stats
    5'0"  124 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    127
    Rep Power
    1224
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    56.49%

    I guess eating clean most of the week, and kicking butt in m workout paid off, I've already drop 2 pounds! Wooooooooo
  12. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    AaronJP1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    18,783
    Rep Power
    3341318
    Level
    91
    Lv. Percent
    99.15%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by banthony22
    I guess eating clean most of the week, and kicking butt in m workout paid off, I've already drop 2 pounds! Wooooooooo
    I thought u were trying to bulk up.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  13. New Member
    banthony22's Avatar
    Stats
    5'0"  124 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    127
    Rep Power
    1224
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    56.49%

    No sir!! I said I don't want to be a meatball! I'm 5 0 and 140 pounds. Not good! I need to lose and tone
  14. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    AaronJP1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    18,783
    Rep Power
    3341318
    Level
    91
    Lv. Percent
    99.15%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by banthony22
    No sir!! I said I don't want to be a meatball! I'm 5 0 and 140 pounds. Not good! I need to lose and tone
    :P
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  15. The Female Terminator
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  114 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,171
    Rep Power
    364602
    Level
    75
    Lv. Percent
    89.68%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by banthony22 View Post
    I guess eating clean most of the week, and kicking butt in m workout paid off, I've already drop 2 pounds! Wooooooooo
    As long as you're consistent and are doing what's right for you the majority of the time, you will get results.

    ~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  16. New Member
    banthony22's Avatar
    Stats
    5'0"  124 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    127
    Rep Power
    1224
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    56.49%

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    As long as you're consistent and are doing what's right for you the majority of the time, you will get results.

    ~Rosie~
    I'm doing my best to be consistent, it's a work in progress...baby steps
  17. Advanced Member
    rsnake21's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Age
    31
    Posts
    687
    Rep Power
    80468
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    45.21%

    Awesome its good to see people getting their life in order. I've noticed alot of people start with fitness and it carries over into all aspects of their life. Just stick with it.
  18. New Member
    banthony22's Avatar
    Stats
    5'0"  124 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    127
    Rep Power
    1224
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    56.49%

    Quote Originally Posted by rsnake21 View Post
    Awesome its good to see people getting their life in order. I've noticed alot of people start with fitness and it carries over into all aspects of their life. Just stick with it.
    Oh yea, I have life goals too that I'm already working towards. Big year for me! Thanks!
  19. New Member
    banthony22's Avatar
    Stats
    5'0"  124 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    127
    Rep Power
    1224
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    56.49%

    Just finished my food prep for the week!

    Breakfast; myofusion shake, green tea, apple(possibly a snack when I get to work)
    lunch: turkey burger (no bun), brown rice, green beans.
    snack: 80 calorie luna bar or almonds
    dinner:big salad
    multivitamins, smart blend pills.

    Basically I'm eating the same thing every day and packing snacks in case it's not enough. I used a food scale to measure out my turkey burgers.

    Wish me luck!

    I'll post my workouts tomorrow
  20. Advanced Member
    rsnake21's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Age
    31
    Posts
    687
    Rep Power
    80468
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    45.21%

    No luck just hard work and dedication... U got this
  21. The Female Terminator
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  114 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,171
    Rep Power
    364602
    Level
    75
    Lv. Percent
    89.68%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by rsnake21 View Post
    No luck just hard work and dedication...
    ^^^ Luck has NOTHING to do with it. It's whether or not you want it badly enough to consistently and persistently do what it takes until you get to where you want to be!

    ~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  22. Advanced Member
    JajaNe20's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    667
    Rep Power
    138761
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    36.1%

    Like Rosie said "there is no luck to your success" It is you versus you in this battle. Looks like you been doing well, keep it up champ. If all your cards are in line, then the only variable is time. With time will come results, be patient and work hard!
  23. New Member
    banthony22's Avatar
    Stats
    5'0"  124 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    127
    Rep Power
    1224
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    56.49%

    Quote Originally Posted by JajaNe20 View Post
    Like Rosie said "there is no luck to your success" It is you versus you in this battle. Looks like you been doing well, keep it up champ. If all your cards are in line, then the only variable is time. With time will come results, be patient and work hard!
    Oh friends, I need luck with waking up at 430 am to get my workouts in on some days! That's what I meant by luck. If I can work out in the afternoon, I'm on it! But when it's time for 430 am...hmm I'm lucky if I get up! See my boyfriend switches back and forth between day shift and night shift every 8 weeks. When he goes back on nights he has trouble sleeping on his days off. So he will wake up in the middle of the night, get up, wake all 3 of our dogs up, and basically I end up sleeping maybe 1 more hour before I'm late getting up for my job! Sleep is a priority for me especially since I work with 6 year olds. So anyways, yes it's luck But everything else you say is true. I'm being patient, I'm preparing for meals and when I can work out in the afternoon, I work out as hard as I can! Yesterday I didn't get to work out because 430 didn't happen it was one of those nights described above and I had to work my 2nd job until 8. i'll post today's workout later, I'm knocking that out this afternoon Thanks for all the support!
  24. New Member
    banthony22's Avatar
    Stats
    5'0"  124 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    127
    Rep Power
    1224
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    56.49%

    Name:  671.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  93.7 KB

    My dog stole my ab ball! But I still managed to get a workout in! Here's what I was working with today.
    15 minutes of intense HITT training.

    2 rounds of 20 squats, 20 lunges, 20 stepups, and 20 seconds of plank.

    I feel greattt and I didn't eat the frosted flakes no worries !
  25. Advanced Member
    JajaNe20's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    667
    Rep Power
    138761
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    36.1%

    How are you feeling? How are things going? Just checking up on yah, I started my journey 2 weeks ago for my natural competition; we are in the same kind of boat! Keep pushing forward and believing in yourself!
  26. New Member
    banthony22's Avatar
    Stats
    5'0"  124 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    127
    Rep Power
    1224
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    56.49%

    Quote Originally Posted by JajaNe20 View Post
    How are you feeling? How are things going? Just checking up on yah, I started my journey 2 weeks ago for my natural competition; we are in the same kind of boat! Keep pushing forward and believing in yourself!
    I'm feeling great thank you for asking! I haven't been posting much up here because not too many people were really responding and the whole point was to get some continuous input from experts. I don't really know what I'm doing. Just trying to stay consistent with my meal plans. Which for the most part I have. I've been working out 5 days a week too. I feel myself getting a little bit stronger and able to do more. I'm not seeing many results with the losing weight though. I'm just one of those people where it's hard to lose. Mainly around my stomach area. I guess that's normal, I'm not sure. But I'm staying positive and continuing to work through it. I keep telling myself it's only been 1 week and 2 days. Normally at this point I've already given up. So that's a plus. Def doing better this time around.
    What's a natural competition? Thanks again for the kind words!!
  27. The Female Terminator
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  114 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,171
    Rep Power
    364602
    Level
    75
    Lv. Percent
    89.68%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by banthony22 View Post
    I'm feeling great thank you for asking! I haven't been posting much up here because not too many people were really responding and the whole point was to get some continuous input from experts. I don't really know what I'm doing. Just trying to stay consistent with my meal plans. Which for the most part I have. I've been working out 5 days a week too. I feel myself getting a little bit stronger and able to do more. I'm not seeing many results with the losing weight though. I'm just one of those people where it's hard to lose. Mainly around my stomach area. I guess that's normal, I'm not sure. But I'm staying positive and continuing to work through it. I keep telling myself it's only been 1 week and 2 days. Normally at this point I've already given up. So that's a plus. Def doing better this time around.
    What's a natural competition? Thanks again for the kind words!!
    Don't get discouraged - people will comment when you post. And if you don't know what you're doing, then a Trainer is definitely the best thing for you to consider - I know finances are tight, but even just to get a plan, so you KNOW that what you are going to be doing WILL work.

    As far as not seeing weight loss, like I said before, DON'T focus on SCALE weight - focus on BODY COMPOSITION and how your body looks in the mirror and fits in clothes and feels overall. Most people lose fat from their midsection LAST and so it's just persevering until you are lean enough that it goes from there.

    A "natural competition" is a Figure or Bodybuilding competition where the Federation is considered "natural".

    Keep at it - a week is NOTHING in the grand scheme of things. Keep your eye on the prize and envision yourself the way that you want to be EVERY day!

    ~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  28. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    AaronJP1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    18,783
    Rep Power
    3341318
    Level
    91
    Lv. Percent
    99.15%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Rosie gives great advice.
    I know though than when maybe I stuck on something I always ask some of my helpful friends around here. You can always good and you tube as well to see videos and get ideas.

    I'm offering a logging opportunity if you're interested you can apply... It's worth a shot for a free sup to help performance in the gym and sleep. Thought I'd through it out there for ya.

    Either way keep up the hard work.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  29. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,776
    Rep Power
    155032
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    98.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Sub'd. Ill be supportive here and offer advice when I can.
  30. Advanced Member
    JajaNe20's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    667
    Rep Power
    138761
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    36.1%

    Thanks for answering that Rosie. Yes we are all here willing to support and help you if need be. Just helps if you post so that we know you haven't "fell off the train." I know it's hard but you can do it, believe in yourself and be consistent. Each day is a victory and this isn't a sprint, think of it more like a marathon
  31. Senior Member
    toughchick401's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  122 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    79222
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    20.1%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Im in
  32. Senior Member
    toughchick401's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  122 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    79222
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    20.1%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    A great work out is Spin, im a spin instructer, and I also love taking classes
  33. New Member
    banthony22's Avatar
    Stats
    5'0"  124 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    127
    Rep Power
    1224
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    56.49%

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    Don't get discouraged - people will comment when you post. And if you don't know what you're doing, then a Trainer is definitely the best thing for you to consider - I know finances are tight, but even just to get a plan, so you KNOW that what you are going to be doing WILL work.

    As far as not seeing weight loss, like I said before, DON'T focus on SCALE weight - focus on BODY COMPOSITION and how your body looks in the mirror and fits in clothes and feels overall. Most people lose fat from their midsection LAST and so it's just persevering until you are lean enough that it goes from there.

    A "natural competition" is a Figure or Bodybuilding competition where the Federation is considered "natural".

    Keep at it - a week is NOTHING in the grand scheme of things. Keep your eye on the prize and envision yourself the way that you want to be EVERY day!

    ~Rosie~
    Yes I know I posted about 4 times and no one replied so I backed off for a while from posting. I posted workouts I did and things I was eating and even a pic of my dog stealing my ab ball. Any way, figured I would back off from posting because of no responses. I am not focusing on the scale for my goals. I am focusing on getting stronger and being able to do more and more of the workouts each day. My goal is to run a 10 k and complete 50 squats, and some other workouts at one time. My finances are not only tight, but non existant. I have 30 bucks left for the month of January and that won't even cover my gas too and from work, so a trainer will never be an option for me. I rely on research and stealing people's workouts on here hehe. I have 44,000 in loans for grad and undergrad, car,etc etc. So no trainer for this girl, except myself and you guys As always I appreciate your input Rosie so keep in coming!


    Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Rosie gives great advice.
    I know though than when maybe I stuck on something I always ask some of my helpful friends around here. You can always good and you tube as well to see videos and get ideas.

    I'm offering a logging opportunity if you're interested you can apply... It's worth a shot for a free sup to help performance in the gym and sleep. Thought I'd through it out there for ya.

    Either way keep up the hard work.
    What is a logging opportunity? Maybe I'm dense, but I have no clue what you are referring too And yes I LOVE you tube. I have a few fitness models I follow on there to see what workouts they got. I'm limited because of no gym, so it more body weight exercises I'm looking at until I can afford some adjustable weights!!

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    Sub'd. Ill be supportive here and offer advice when I can.
    Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by JajaNe20 View Post
    Thanks for answering that Rosie. Yes we are all here willing to support and help you if need be. Just helps if you post so that we know you haven't "fell off the train." I know it's hard but you can do it, believe in yourself and be consistent. Each day is a victory and this isn't a sprint, think of it more like a marathon
    I know you guys are, that's why I started this whole thing. But like I mentioned up there, I posted about 4 times and no one replied so I wasn't sure anyone was reading it anymore!! But I like sprints lol,. at least I did in HS ha!

    Quote Originally Posted by toughchick401 View Post
    A great work out is Spin, im a spin instructer, and I also love taking classes
    I would LOVE to take a spin class, but I can't afford the gym!

    BTW for everyone, my name is Bett!
  34. New Member
    banthony22's Avatar
    Stats
    5'0"  124 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    127
    Rep Power
    1224
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    56.49%

    So some updates on me. I haven't checked my weight, but I know that I am getting leaner. I can just feel it. And I was sore for the first week, now i'm only sore after I workout it So I'm recovering faster, feeling stronger, and working harder. My workouts this week were basic and I planning on kicking up some starting this weekend.
    I've had a lot of food cravings this week, I'm not sure why. My first week I didn't have any. Some cravings I have are healthy. But the others are cheese related. I have a love affair with cheese lol. So i've submitted to a few sticks of string cheese, so at least I didn't go overboard. Next week I'm going to try some crock pot meal ideas to help with food prep and saving me some time. Next week coming up is busy so it's going to hard to squeeze in some workouts. I will do it no matter what though. I've been consistent with 5 workouts a week, and I work out until I feel like i'm going to vomit haha. Any who, I think that's it for updates. I will post my weekend workout tomorrow. Any food ideas I'm getting reallllllly bored with what I'm eating. Chicken, brown rice, green beans....turkey burger(no bun) brown rice green beans lol.
  35. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    AaronJP1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    18,783
    Rep Power
    3341318
    Level
    91
    Lv. Percent
    99.15%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    A loggin opportunity is a contest where you apply and the company sends you some of their product to try for free
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  36. New Member
    banthony22's Avatar
    Stats
    5'0"  124 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    127
    Rep Power
    1224
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    56.49%

    Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    A loggin opportunity is a contest where you apply and the company sends you some of their product to try for free
    Sounds like a great thing. I would love to do that!
  37. Elite Member
    ManBeast's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    32
    Posts
    6,515
    Rep Power
    48652
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    23.94%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    It is truly awesome when you can "feel" the changes. Keep up the good/hard work

    ManBeast
    -Saving random peoples' nuts, one pair at at time... PCT info:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/192992-pct-what-why.html
    -Are you really ready for a cycle? Read this link and be honest:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/191120-checklist-before-thinking.html
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*
  38. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    AaronJP1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    18,783
    Rep Power
    3341318
    Level
    91
    Lv. Percent
    99.15%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by banthony22

    Sounds like a great thing. I would love to do that!
    Great. I've finished up all my current contest and promotions today.
    I shall be running more soon.
    Just keep and eye in my sig/company promo section and apply.

    You seem like a great girl with a huge drive. Very down to Earth personality.
    We need more people like you around here.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  39. New Member
    banthony22's Avatar
    Stats
    5'0"  124 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    127
    Rep Power
    1224
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    56.49%

    Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Great. I've finished up all my current contest and promotions today.
    I shall be running more soon.
    Just keep and eye in my sig/company promo section and apply.

    You seem like a great girl with a huge drive. Very down to Earth personality.
    We need more people like you around here.
    Sounds great I will keep an eye out! Thanks for the compliments, have challenges is what drives me, otherwise I can very very easily become miss lazypants! I've been inspired lately and have been wanting to challenge myself more and more! Look forward to checking out your promos!
  40. New Member
    banthony22's Avatar
    Stats
    5'0"  124 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    127
    Rep Power
    1224
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    56.49%

    Quote Originally Posted by ManBeast View Post
    It is truly awesome when you can "feel" the changes. Keep up the good/hard work

    ManBeast
    Thank you! Today I ran outside in the rain! What a rush I def felt it then when I busted it and slid 15 feet hahaha!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. My Journey
    By nateparker584 in forum Pics
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-23-2011, 02:22 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-14-2010, 12:54 AM
  3. My journey through the 5/3/1
    By bsandora in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-11-2010, 01:12 AM
  4. DNP JOURNEY
    By gunz in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 03-29-2009, 04:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in