Women, Weights and Bodybuilding Oh My - AnabolicMinds.com

Women, Weights and Bodybuilding Oh My

Women, Weights and Bodybuilding Oh My

Myth: Weight training will make you masculine.

Myth: Men train, women tone.

Myth: Toning and firming are different.

Myth: Women should stick to machines and stay away from free weights.

Myth: After you stop lifting your muscle turns to fat.

Myth: Men are Masculine and Women are Feminine.

Women, Weights and Bodybuilding Oh My Need To Build Muscle Inc. Official Blog

come read more on our blog^^^^^ Anita Ramsey

2. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by needtogetmuscle View Post
    Myth: Weight training will make you masculine.

Myth: Men train, women tone.

Myth: Toning and firming are different.

Myth: Women should stick to machines and stay away from free weights.

Myth: After you stop lifting your muscle turns to fat.

Myth: Men are Masculine and Women are Feminine.

Women, Weights and Bodybuilding Oh My Need To Build Muscle Inc. Official Blog

come read more on our blog^^^^^ Anita Ramsey
    Nice blog and all true ..

Lot of women I know think if they lift weights they will get bulky, even though I tell them it isnt true!!!
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by gamer2be08 View Post
    Lot of women I know think if they lift weights they will get bulky, even though I tell them it isnt true!!!
    I get sick of having this argument with all the women I know. They constantly opt for 5 or 10 lbs dumbells and do rep ranges of upwards of 50 sometimes. All you can do is tell them how it actually works and hope you can convince them to change their mind.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  261 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    I get sick of having this argument with all the women I know. They constantly opt for 5 or 10 lbs dumbells and do rep ranges of upwards of 50 sometimes. All you can do is tell them how it actually works and hope you can convince them to change their mind.
    x2:****you:
    **** Line @ NUTRAPLANET

All posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Need2slin... NOM NOM NOM :yup:
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

I love girls that lift! :-P

Anita Ramsey has been in every major female muscle mag you can think of and even in some mens too. Like flex and a few others. She holds the worlds strongest bench press in her age,gender,weight class. She has competes hundreds of times at the npc level and many many times at the IFBB level even taking as High as 3rd in major events.

She gets her AAAAAH supplement advice from me lolol. Ya will call it supps
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  270 lbs.

women with muscle are SEXY. enough said.
  8. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Having a woman lift doesn't make her masculine. I like a good, feminine woman who can squat to the floor!
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  9. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by gamer2be08 View Post
    ^^^This is one of the reasons I wrote Breaking the Myth: "If I lift heavy I'll end up looking like a man!" - because I get so sick and tired of hearing this from women (AND MEN!). There are so many INcorrect mindsets and attitudes when it comes to women and resistance training, and I would love to change them into ACCURATE ones. Unfortunately, men are just as bad as women when it comes to this and many treat them so and cater to their silly attitudes and encourage it, not thinking that a woman can lift heavy or train hard and intense.

Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Having a woman lift doesn't make her masculine...
    I agree!

I want to be a role model for women to look up to re fitness. Women need to be better educated on the importance of using resistance training to achieve their body and fitness goals. Training with weights should neither intimidate nor scare them. I would like to see the many wrong mindsets among and about women and weight training be replaced by correct information and healthy attitudes.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

The idea in most peoples' heads, men and women, is that one can just accidently get huge. Whoops I lifted too heavy of a weight and now I'm Jay Cutler by accident, and too top it off, there's nothing I can do about it. What I point out to women who ask me about resistance training is that men produce 14 times the amount of testosterone that women do, so even If they trained and ate exactly as I do for as long as I've done it, there is no chance they will get as "big" as me. And hell, I'm not even that big.

Next step is to show them Rosie's blog so they can see not only how good she looks, but how intense her workouts are to put both things in perspective for them.
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.

is not the reason females cannot bulk up like men is due to less testosterone? (im sure other things apply but isn't this the main factor?)
    Test e/dbol/epi/winnie
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/164764-schwellington-has-been.html
  12. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by schwellington View Post
    is not the reason females cannot bulk up like men is due to less testosterone? (im sure other things apply but isn't this the main factor?)
    Differences in hormones is the primary factor, yes.

An exerpt from my article, Breaking the Myth: "If I lift heavy I'll end up looking like a man!":
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott
    Physiology

Whilst males and females are structurally similar, there are many physiological differences that affect the sexes’ ability to gain muscle mass.

Hormones

The primary reason that females cannot gain muscle mass as fast or to the extent as males is the difference in hormone status.

Testosterone is one of the androgenic hormones responsible for anabolism in the body (Kraemer & Ratamess). It is testosterone that is responsible for masculine traits (i.e. excess hair (especially facial), deepening of voice, increase in muscle mass). Both males and females produce testosterone, as it is necessary for hormonal balance and body function (Marieb, 2004). However, males have much HIGHER levels of testosterone than females, with the ‘normal’ range of total testosterone (in the bloodstream) being 0.95-4.3 pg/dl, compared to the 0.7-3.6 pg/dl of females. However, it is not so much the total amount of testosterone that an individual has that determines their potential/ability for muscle growth, since most of the testosterone in the body is bound to either sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) or other non-specific proteins such as albumin (Wheeler, 1995), but their levels of FREE testosterone (i.e. the amount of testosterone that is NOT bound in the body). In males 0.3-5% (with an average of 2%) of their total testosterone if free, with their free testosterone normal values being 270-1100 ng/dl, compared to only 6-86 ng/dl of free testosterone available to females.

The female ‘equivalent’ of testosterone is estrogen (Marieb, 2004). Whilst estrogen may increase Growth Hormone (GH), it also increases a) SHBG, which decreases the amount of free testosterone in the body; and b) cortisol, which reduces muscle mass (Hakkinen, 1989).

Muscle Fibres and Types

There is a similar distribution of the percentage of Type I, Type IIa, and Type IIb muscle fibres in both males and females. However, females have ~60-80% of the muscle cross-sectional area (CSA) and whole muscle anatomical cross-sectional area (ACSA) than that of males. Therefore, despite the potential for muscle hypertrophy in a relatively short period of time (Gregory, et al., 2006), similar percentage increases in either muscle mass or volume as a result of resistance training, results in smaller total overall gains in CSA and ACSA in females than in males (Folland & Williams, 2007).

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Great post. Looks like that would be a very solid article, Rosie. I wish so much that more women would realize this. I think that as we keep making progress in fitness and nutrition being better understood, we'll slowly see a trend in misconceptions decreasing (I sure hope at least).
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve

Rosie Chee Scott, Thank you for taking the time to post in my thread. You seem like you have a great personality and a immense amount of knowledge to share. I sent you a pm and I would love a moment of your time if you have any.
  15. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by needtogetmuscle View Post
    Rosie Chee Scott, Thank you for taking the time to post in my thread. You seem like you have a great personality and a immense amount of knowledge to share. I sent you a pm and I would love a moment of your time if you have any.
    Ya, Rosie is a G ...
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

my gf used to powerlift. she did 315 dl in competition. now in her 40's shes muscular and toned like a girl in her 20's. doesnt lift anywhere near as heavy as she used to but can still move some respectable weight. heres a pic of her present at 42
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Damn straight, my girls train exactly the way I do for the most part. I may make a few changes based on development...

They have done HST, DC, Freak and few more modes of torture that I have devised. They have made tremendous progress and I'm pretty damn proud of them. There is still some issues and it has more to do with commitment ie. how far they want to take this but the foundation has been laid.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  155 lbs.

Love this post! I am relatively new to lifting and starting slow, but I can wait to be lifting some heavy weight. I think being strong is sexy!
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by phunkyb View Post
    Love this post! I am relatively new to lifting and starting slow, but I can wait to be lifting some heavy weight. I think being strong is sexy!
    Big strong boys need strong women, we don't want anything that breaks when thing get ... out of control if you catch my drift...
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  20. New Member

Hi,

Thanks for sharing such nice and useful blog.Many people find it useful regarding their weight training.Women have a great time over here who are looking for maintaining their body fitness.I want to share some information about women body building.

Thanks
  21. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by lalis View Post
    Thanks for sharing such nice and useful blog.Many people find it useful regarding their weight training.Women have a great time over here who are looking for maintaining their body fitness.I want to share some information about women body building.

Thanks
    There's not that many women here - only a few regulars (all others come and go), so welcome to AM. There is definitely plenty of information here regarding women, fitness, and training - have fun sifting through it

~Rosie~

22. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  320 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by swollwilliams View Post
    women with muscle are SEXY. enough said.
    x 2!
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'3"  44 lbs.

hello..nice quotes post here..its cool..I wish to read more explanation about these quotes..please reply in details..
  24. Professional Member

I'll tell you what convinced my fiance to consider training with me is when my butt officially became significantly larger, rounder and firmer than hers, lol. She was like, "I want a butt like yours" and thats when I said "you have to work for this!"
  25. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by rambo679 View Post
    The idea in most peoples' heads, men and women, is that one can just accidently get huge. Whoops I lifted too heavy of a weight and now I'm Jay Cutler by accident, and too top it off, there's nothing I can do about it. What I point out to women who ask me about resistance training is that men produce 14 times the amount of testosterone that women do, so even If they trained and ate exactly as I do for as long as I've done it, there is no chance they will get as "big" as me. And hell, I'm not even that big.

Next step is to show them Rosie's blog so they can see not only how good she looks, but how intense her workouts are to put both things in perspective for them.

Exactly! I've been training for 3-4 years and the past year has been calculated and religious to say the least. All I have to show for it is about 35lbs of muscle over that time period and to add to that, there were several periods of time that my test levels, or synthetic test levels, were upwards of 10-20 times the normal amount found in a healthy man. And women, who have significantly less anabolic activity, expect to lose their feminine appearance from heavy resistance training!?!?! Geeze, people are just ignorant and men are just as guilty of this as women!
  26. New Member

This post is what I like to see...women who are not afraid to chip their nails lifting heavy! I have been lifting consistently since Jan 1, 2012 and I have doubled what I could lift when I started. I love it! I have not lost much "weight" but have dropped significant inches and I am so pleased with that!! I follow a program that was designed by a man for the guys and it has helped me tremendously!
  27. New Member
    Stats
    5'2"  180 lbs.

Awesome post!!! I like to go up to women that are lifting the pink dumbbells and ask them do you have children?? they proudly say yes!!! (perfect, right into my trap!) Really, humm how old are they? oh 3, or 4,or 5..... blah blah... Then I say, So they are about 20 or more pounds and your lifting/carrying them all day long but then you come in here and work out with two-five pounds. If you can lift/carry them and you haven't got bulky why would you waste your free time? I don't know but something to think about don't you think. ( of course I say it in a pleasant way) It breaks the door and before you know it they are getting serious about their training.
  28. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Damn straight, my girls train exactly the way I do for the most part. I may make a few changes based on development...

They have done HST, DC, Freak and few more modes of torture that I have devised. They have made tremendous progress and I'm pretty damn proud of them. There is still some issues and it has more to do with commitment ie. how far they want to take this but the foundation has been laid.
    yup!
  29. New Member

Today women are interesting to make their body with fitness and healthy. But they don't know that how to practice them.
  30. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  231 lbs.

I feel all of you're pain. My beautiful girlfriend (who's father was a RB in college football) has these MASSIVELY powerful legs, and she won't squat (or do any weight training for that matter) because she doesnt want her legs to get "bigger".
  31. Banned
    Stats
    5'3"  115 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Big strong boys need strong women, we don't want anything that breaks when thing get ... out of control if you catch my drift...
    Tehehe amen girl!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Bodybuilding and Training with Weights
    By mqzy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-19-2008, 05:20 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-14-2007, 07:50 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-07-2006, 12:57 PM
  4. Bodybuilding vs. Lifting Weights