Is their a Advanced female bodybuilding area?

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.5%

Is their a Advanced female bodybuilding area?

All I have really seen is female fitness... where do the high level women bodybuilders hang out at? Need to pick their brain before my wife hits her bulk this winter... Her current stats according to BOD POD, 5'5 @ 163 and 14% BF... of course this is non dieted... if any higher level bodybuilding females would let me pick their brain, please PM me. Her estrogen throws me off sometimes...damn women LOL

2. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.52%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkinhead View Post
    All I have really seen is female fitness... where do the high level women bodybuilders hang out at? Need to pick their brain before my wife hits her bulk this winter... Her current stats according to BOD POD, 5'5 @ 163 and 14% BF... of course this is non dieted... if any higher level bodybuilding females would let me pick their brain, please PM me. Her estrogen throws me off sometimes...damn women LOL
    There are only three regular women on this board: Cheyenne (aka babywifey), Christine (aka crader), and myself - all others come and go like visitors in a museum.

If you have a question relating to women, then ask it in this section. Otherwise, do some personal research for yourself - or get her to. Bodybuilding.com has a great Articles section and you can find a comprehensive coverage of articles at Rosie's MuscleRevolution :: Articles.

If your wife is a "higher level bodybuilder", then she should already know what she is doing. As far as bulking (or cutting) there is NOTHING different between what a male and female should do re nutrition and training, period (the SAME principles apply!) - except that I would never recommend hormonals for a woman (and rarely for men, either, since most who use them are not ready, IMO).

~Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.5%

The problem I have is with her contest prep.... I get her about 2-3 weeks out and can't get that last percent or two off her. I mean offseason she is only carrying 14% and over 160 (bod pod)... I figure it must be a estrogen issue holding onto that fat, any tricks you have for thoose last couple lbs. I have done contest prep for many men, and never have a issue..with her.. she is just different.

Trust me, I get on her all the time about "She should know this"..but she has relied on me from day 1, on what to eat, how to eat, when to eat, what to work, etc...

She can compete and place at the 150lb mark, just not 1st and overall..its just thoose last couple lbs that elude me from her. I have tried super low cals, super high cardio..upping the cals, dropping cardio.. just can't figure it out.

So before her bulking this year, I typically like to have her year planned out... it's not a research issue, I have been doing this for well over 17 years.... She is just the first female I have ever trained that actually bodybuilds... I have never had a problem getting a woman prepped for figure.. and she could come in extremely lean for figure, just way to big. Its that few percent between figure and bodybuilding I am having trouble with on her
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.5%

Attached is her 162 (offseason)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  5. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.52%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

The problem I have is with her contest prep.... I get her about 2-3 weeks out and can't get that last percent or two off her. I mean offseason she is only carrying 14% and over 160 (bod pod)... I figure it must be a estrogen issue holding onto that fat, any tricks you have for thoose last couple lbs. I have done contest prep for many men, and never have a issue..with her.. she is just different.
    There should be no difference in getting the last couple 1-2% bodyfat lost whether she competes in Figure OR Physique. Inability has nothing to do with estrogen - if that were the case, then no female would be able to lose fat without a lot of difficulty and there would be few who were lean.

The best thing I can recommend is to look at her NUTRITION. The last 1-2 weeks, and especially the LAST week before a show can make a HUGE difference in look.

A few things to consider (there are many more):
    * Manipulate her nutrition more - don't eliminate water if using diuretics, but keep intake the same; play around with carb loading and depletion;
    * Change her training up a little to make short recovery and high intensity (although not necessarily via load);
    * Increase posing practice a little more;
    * Add in a light 20-minute post-weights cardio session after a couple of her resistance sessions a week for a few weeks - THIS is what makes the difference re fat loss for me personally.

Experiment a bit and find out what works for her the best - if everything else is right, that's all you can do.

Another suggestion is for her to be even leaner off-season - closer to 12% bodyfat or something, so that she doesn't have to lose as much bodyfat pre-competition. Personally, I like to stay between 8-10% bodyfat, so that if I want to get a little leaner, I can - I let myself get up to ~14% bodyfat this year during a forced time out from training, and definitely don't like the way it makes me feel that high.

...She is just the first female I have ever trained that actually bodybuilds... I have never had a problem getting a woman prepped for figure.. and she could come in extremely lean for figure, just way to big. Its that few percent between figure and bodybuilding I am having trouble with on her
    There should be no difference in her training, whether she plans on competing in Figure or Physique, really. The only difference between such competitors is that Physique women have more muscle mass - which means eating more than their Figure counterparts to train for it in the off-season, whereas many Figure competitors may simply recomp or maintain relative leanness in the off-season instead of focusing on gaining more mass.

Leanness for competition doesn't really differ, since Figure is also judged on leanness, and having more muscle mass than a Figure competitor should also make it EASIER for her to lose the bodyfat than one.

If she has to, get her to start her competition preparation 1-2 weeks EARLIER than what you think she should start at - give her more time to get lean.

~Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.12%

pm'd you OP
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.5%

Quote Originally Posted by bmcjames View Post
    pm'd you OP
    Thanks brother!!!
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.12%

No problem sir!

Similar Forum Threads

1. anyone in NYC area?
    By crazyfool405 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-17-2010, 11:23 PM
  2. New Here Sac Area
    By JN230 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-17-2009, 03:57 PM
  3. Anyone in the PA/NJ area
    By CTDeuce in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 10:02 AM
  4. Female Fitness and Bodybuilding - Any Woman Can!
    By FemBot in forum Female Fitness
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-13-2007, 09:44 PM
  5. Does anyone in the NJ area want a cat
    By MaynardMeek in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-31-2006, 07:43 PM