Need bigger but...not bigger legs.

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.48%

Need bigger but...not bigger legs.

My lady friend is really trying to shape and increase the size of her glutes. She does want to however increase the size of the rest of her legs at all. Any thoughts on what exercises and streching that should be involved to reach this goal? Any and all responses are appreciated.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.62%

Maybe try these YouTube - Excellent Legs Exercise - Bulgarian Split Squats. Also try a wide stance squats, works less quad, and more glute/hip do them for higher reps.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  179 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.61%

The above exercise is a great one.
    And sprints, endurance sprints as well.
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

SLDL(stiff legged Deadlift) Seated ham. curls, super sumo stance squats.
    She wont be able to grow it. Ill be to difficult to target the muscle. It will be easier to tone the areas around it. Tone the hips in, tighten the hams and narrow them.
    I as of recent started focusing on hamstrings more because i think alot of people tend to lack them. My GF says my butt has def got tighter but not bigger.
    Alot of people DO develope squaters but though. Look at alof of football players that squat tons.

goodluck!
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.66%

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...the_glute_myth
    Check out this article, it should point you in the right direction. Personally I think glute bridges are one of the best hypertrophic exercises for the glutes.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.62%

Quote Originally Posted by pmiller383 View Post
    http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...the_glute_myth
    Check out this article, it should point you in the right direction. Personally I think glute bridges are one of the best hypertrophic exercises for the glutes.

Who ever wrote that article is an idiot. If you believe that those exercises work your glutes better than a squat, or deadlift than your also an idiot. Lets see how much that guy can squat, and deadlift. Then take a powerlifter his same height and weight and see who has stronger glutes.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.01%

Deep Deadlifts with small plates. Better not to use 45s. Stick to plenty of 10s and 25s. Keep chin up and butt low. Smaller plates allows you to go deeper. A lift could be used to deepen it.
  8. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.41%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Aviad View Post
    My lady friend is really trying to shape and increase the size of her glutes. She does want to however increase the size of the rest of her legs at all. Any thoughts on what exercises and streching that should be involved to reach this goal? Any and all responses are appreciated.
    You're generally not going to increase your glutes without doing so in some part with your legs as well.

That said, stair running does wonders for increasing muscle mass in glutes; this did it rather profoundly for me, and I was NOT happy at all, as I already have high muscle mass in lower body and did NOT want it. Or wide stance squats, deadlifts, romanian deadlifts, will all help gain muscle mass in the glutes (provided that she is EATING for it; if she's not eating for muscle growth then she's not going to get any, period!)

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.48%

Thank you for the response, I agree as I have been experimenting with exercised myself and that is one if not the best. It is tough as she wants the butt without big legs...kinda of tough
  10. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.41%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Thank you for the response, I agree as I have been experimenting with exercised myself and that is one if not the best. It is tough as she wants the bubble butt without big legs...kinda of tough
    I see. Although I don't know why any woman would want a "bubble butt"; I have both the butt and the legs (not through any effort of mine I might add) and they are the least liked area of my body from my perspective.

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.48%

Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    I see. Although I don't know why any woman would want a "bubble butt"; I have both the butt and the legs (not through any effort of mine I might add) and they are the least liked area of my body from my perspective.

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    If it were up to me I wouldn't have her change a thing because to me she is perfect...but that is another story. I am trying to stear her away from butt implants...thats right butt implants.
  12. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.41%

Here is the full story. She is also getting an increase in the size of her "twinz" and wants to look balanced not top heavy. If it were up to me I wouldn't have her change a thing because to me she is perfect...but that is another story. I am trying to stear her away from butt implants...thats right butt implants.
    We all know my thoughts on breast implants and what that says about a woman. But, each to their own. Whatever works to make her happy with herself.

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT

13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.48%

I totally agree. It's a real tough spot...I care about her so much and don't want to change one thing about her...on the other hand I feel that if I don't help her with things like her booty it means just more surgery down the road. I choose the lesser of two evils I suppose. I just want her to be her, don't care much about how she looks one way or the other...not important to met...but it is to her.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.91%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Bridge. On the floor or on the a stability ball. If you she feels nothing after 1 set of 12-15 reps add weight. Put a plate, medicine ball, dumbell on her lower stomach. This will hit the glutes something great! Number 2. Dumbell squat. Set up legs out wide. Hold single dumbell between your legs in front of you. Drop glutes doward floor till your near seated position and rise back up. Hits inner thighs and quads to but is a great glute exercise. Wide deadlifts as well. Gotta get those calves out of the movement.

PS. Her legs are gonna get bigger no matter what she does. The bridge however is the best option.
    ôLord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

WHAT has science offered?
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.48%

Quote Originally Posted by Flaw View Post
    Bridge. On the floor or on the a stability ball. If you she feels nothing after 1 set of 12-15 reps add weight. Put a plate, medicine ball, dumbell on her lower stomach. This will hit the glutes something great! Number 2. Dumbell squat. Set up legs out wide. Hold single dumbell between your legs in front of you. Drop glutes doward floor till your near seated position and rise back up. Hits inner thighs and quads to but is a great glute exercise. Wide deadlifts as well. Gotta get those calves out of the movement.

PS. Her legs are gonna get bigger no matter what she does. The bridge however is the best option.
    I appreciate that answer, that is kind of how I am leaning as well. I have used the bridge just to test it out and can't believe the difference I have noticed in just a short time.
  16. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.06%

How about just lying on the floor, on your back and placing the weight between your lower ab, upper leg area and just clench your ass?? This way youre totally isolating your glutes.
  17. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.98%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Power lifting squats wide will get BIGG ASS with little leg development because more use of hip flexors and glutes. I know as a powerlifting my ass was always 3 ft behind me with little quads LOL
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.82%

Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    you might not like your bigger leg and butt muscles rosie but i gurantee the opposite sex does.
    if i were you i wouldnt ever stress it.
  19. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.36%

Squats. I've noticed that with exercises like this the weak muscle grows while the stronger muscles donot. If her legs are strong then they will not benefit as much as the weaker glutes from a squat. Her diet will make a difference too.
  20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.82%

Quote Originally Posted by wastedwhiteboy2 View Post
    Squats. I've noticed that with exercises like this the weak muscle grows while the stronger muscles donot. If her legs are strong then they will not benefit as much as the weaker glutes from a squat. Her diet will make a difference too.
    ya soo keep the milkshakes going her way.!!
  21. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.44%

It won't be difficult to build larger glutes without larger legs. I mean hamstrings would probably grow on a man but I've never seen a women able to build large hamstrings without steroids. Good mornings and sdls's probably won't really change her leg size at all. Next I'd so go with things like deadlifts and lunges. May add some leg size but I doubt it will be much.
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.28%

if you are dissing the barbell glute bridge then you wrong. glute exercises like this arent designed to replace the squat, but rather supplement it. I know for a fact my squat has gotten alot more stable and gone up dramatically. The ab walls, lats, and glutes are the stabilizers of the body. you dont just do deadlifts for your back right? you add in other exercises to target other muscles etc. plus this exercises will definitely make your a$$ grow like a rainforest. GLUTE BRIDGE FOR LIFE
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.14%

Quote Originally Posted by Jstrong20 View Post
    It won't be difficult to build larger glutes without larger legs. I mean hamstrings would probably grow on a man but I've never seen a women able to build large hamstrings without steroids. Good mornings and sdls's probably won't really change her leg size at all. Next I'd so go with things like deadlifts and lunges. May add some leg size but I doubt it will be much.
    Are you serious right now? I love how some people's immediate response is to play the "steroid" card. I've known quite a number of female athletes that had great hamstrings, and they were also cleaner than the Pope's kitchen. I dated a girl that competed in fitness and she had a set of hamstrings that would make most guys jealous...no juice for her either. So what's your basis for saying that girls can't grow hamstrings without steroids? Not flaming, just curious, because my experience tells me a different story.
  24. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.44%

Because i've never seen massive hams hanging down on anybody that wasn't deisel. Maybe your idea of large hamstrings is diffrent then mine. I'm saying large hamstrings are not as obvious as having large quads. I beleive you that you date a girl that had impressive hams but I just think its really rare. Its like seeing a women with a wide lat spread or large bench press. Just doesn't happen often. Plus I thinking sticking to those exercises and minimizeing squating is the only way to get it done. Maybe preexaust with ham curls in the beginning. Also you can change foot stance and angle of those exercises to concentrate on hams..
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.14%

Quote Originally Posted by Jstrong20 View Post
    Because i've never seen massive hams hanging down on anybody that wasn't deisel. Maybe your idea of large hamstrings is diffrent then mine. I'm saying large hamstrings are not as obvious as having large quads. I beleive you that you date a girl that had impressive hams but I just think its really rare. Its like seeing a women with a wide lat spread or large bench press. Just doesn't happen often. Plus I thinking sticking to those exercises and minimizeing squating is the only way to get it done. Maybe preexaust with ham curls in the beginning. Also you can change foot stance and angle of those exercises to concentrate on hams..
    Gotta disagree with you here, my friend. Squatting will build a caboose unlike anything else, especially wide-stance squats. Lunges are also a great addition to the booty-building arsenal. One must also keep in mind that just like everything else, Person A might be genetically predisposed to having a larger butt than Person B, no matter what exercises they do. These are only tips that can improve upon whatever genetic potential God gave you. Just like building a huge set of arms, or bowling ball shoulders...all depends on the hand you were dealt genetically.
  26. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.69%

I've read this forum and posted regarding how to improve Glutes
    (is it butt right?). I'll try to find it.
  27. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.41%

Quote Originally Posted by TipTopShape View Post
    I've read this forum and posted regarding how to improve Glutes
    (is it butt right?
    ). I'll try to find it.
    The gluteals is the butt, yes.

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT

Similar Forum Threads

1. Bigger lower body to get bigger upper body?????
    By lift or die in forum Bulking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-13-2009, 06:40 PM
  2. Bigger Bis!
    By goleafsgo1216 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 03:59 PM
  3. What should i do to get bigger
    By GREENER in forum Bulking
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-25-2009, 12:07 AM
  4. how can i get bigger