14 years old new to site

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.

14 years old new to site

My names Alex. Im 14 years old, and i want to lose weight. My step dad Chris or supaC wants to gain muscle, and get big. He has a home gym in our basement and im starting to get into lifting. Im looking for advice on how to lose weight, and get into better shape with better muscles. Mostly in my abdominal and thigh areas. Chris wants to know how to gain muscle more and get big.

2. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Maybe have your step dad start a separate thread so the feedback can be separated. Good luck with achieving your fitness goals; members like Crader and Guesjn should be able to help you. I suggest you check out their logs;
    Christines..pull away the food spree cut!
    The Female Terminator Chronicles
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.

Welcome to the site little dude!

be patient and absorb as much information as you can. Good luck.

-BTW ^ he is right about those two logs
    •   

4. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  122 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by alle View Post
    My names Alex. Im 14 years old, and i want to lose weight. My step dad Chris or supaC wants to gain muscle, and get big. He has a home gym in our basement and im starting to get into lifting. Im looking for advice on how to lose weight, and get into better shape with better muscles. Mostly in my abdominal and thigh areas. Chris wants to know how to gain muscle more and get big.
    For a start, you can't spot reduce where you want to lose weight/fat. It's like trying to empty a pool of water from only one side; it will come from all over and wherever it wants to.

Second, at 5'11" and 165lb, you wouldn't need to lose much weight, since you're quite tall. Don't get taken in by thinking that you need to look like a superskinny supermodel; that's far from healthy.

I suggest that you read post #4 at New to forum, need advice....trying to lose weight... that will tell you everything you need to know about fat loss.

Re exercise, I would suggest using calisthenics and bodyweight exercises to start with for resistance training, and then moving to using dumbbells.

Re supplements, you would only need to be using a multivitamin and good fats, since you should getting enough protein from your food.

Just remember not to start out too fast too soon. Gradually building up each week is key.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

are u a maleor female cuz this is in the female area.
  6. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.

Like Guejsn said, you don't need to focus on losing "weight". Focus rather on losing fat. If you are lifting weights you may replace fat with muscle and since muscle is heavier than fat you might maintain your current weight. You shouldn't be focused on what the scale says.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.

thanks for the advice and im a female
  8. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  122 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by babywifey View Post
    Like Guejsn said, you don't need to focus on losing "weight". Focus rather on losing fat. If you are lifting weights you may replace fat with muscle and since muscle is heavier than fat you might maintain your current weight. You shouldn't be focused on what the scale says.
    Quick correction; you can NOT "replace" fat with muscle. You can lose fat and gain muscle, but the two are not interchangeable or replaceable with each other.

And yes, DON'T focus on what the scale says; focus on your BODY COMPOSITION (i.e. % bodyfat and Lean body mass).

thanks for the advice and im a female
    No worries. Please heed it.

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  148 lbs.

Hello everyone, I'm alex's stepdad. We are going to use a program starting tomorrow called "the 40 day workout" that we found on t-muscle, because it's relatively easy and simple to follow and she won't get burned out too much in the beginning. It is basically five compund exercises , 2 sets of five, and you increase the weight every week. After forty days it will be time for a more advanced program. I think it's a good workout to establish some good form and good habits. I had her join the forum and post on here because I thought some of the more experienced women would offer better nutrition advice than me.

I can eat and eat and eat and make slow steady gains. I lose fat and weight without even trying, So I know what works for me might not necessarily work for her. Now that she is getting into it more I think if she gets some visible results this summer she will be a lifter for life. She said her goal was 120 but I think she would be how she wants to look at about 130-135. So please ladies be kind to her and help keep her on a the right/healthy track.

thanks
  10. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  122 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by supac View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm alex's stepdad. We are going to use a program starting tomorrow called "the 40 day workout" that we found on t-muscle, because it's relatively easy and simple to follow and she won't get burned out too much in the beginning. It is basically five compund exercises , 2 sets of five, and you increase the weight every week. After forty days it will be time for a more advanced program. I think it's a good workout to establish some good form and good habits. I had her join the forum and post on here because I thought some of the more experienced women would offer better nutrition advice than me.
    Sounds ok. The best exercises to be using (i.e. compound). Continually progressing each week.

As for the nutrition, it is laid out in the post/thread recommended above. And it's fairly easy. Just be careful not to get too hung up on it and developing an eating disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by supac View Post
    I can eat and eat and eat and make slow steady gains. I lose fat and weight without even trying, So I know what works for me might not necessarily work for her. Now that she is getting into it more I think if she gets some visible results this summer she will be a lifter for life. She said her goal was 120 but I think she would be how she wants to look at about 130-135. So please ladies be kind to her and help keep her on a the right/healthy track.

thanks
    120lb is FAR TOO LIGHT for her height. 135lb is a more healthy weight (as I said above, she shouldn't be trying to be a skinny model waif). And focus more on BODY COMPOSITION, not the scale weight.

11. Banned

wouldnt it be messed up fi some justr dropped a name of a PH on this thread lol, seriosuly though kid u have no dea how big u will get going through ur teen if u start workingout now ur body hormones are at an all time high. lift eat sleep 10hours
  12. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.

I train my 11 year old daughter.

The biggest thing to start with is eating healthier choices. But still enjoy being young. My daughter will get frozen yogurt instead of regular ice cream when we go out but will still eat desert occasionally. So learn to eat good foods but don't become obssesed about it.

Start your training by working on light weights to perfect your form first. You don't want an injury this early. And then just have fun with it. Muscle comes with dedication and time. Its easy to burn out quickly if you push to hard to fast.

Maybe train 3-4 days a week. Oh and sometimes training is about doing it even if its a hard day to do! LOL my daughter still likes to skip the days that are hard for her.. But she is young and has a lot of time ahead of her to perfect this world.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-14-2011, 11:29 AM
  2. 5 years off and on
    By cassimus in forum Pics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-01-2010, 09:05 PM
  3. Injection site site.
    By pistonpump in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-26-2006, 03:10 PM
  4. Bodyfat help (7 site or 3 site method?)
    By NYhomeboy in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-29-2006, 07:37 AM