Can a female bodybuilder get pregnant???

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Question Can a female bodybuilder get pregnant???

I am 39 years old, so i don't have alot of time left. I am a national level bodybuilder. I'm 5'7" and 185lbs. I have taken a variety of anabolic and androgenic steroids in the past, haven't had my period for years. My fiance' wants to have children......my question is: How long do i have to be off of everything before it's safe for me to get pregnant. I know i'll get my period after 3 months of being off.....but i'm not sure it would be safe as far as having a normal healthy baby. ???? Can anyone help me....my Doctors arent too knowledgeable about women on steroids.

THANKS

2. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Overall62 View Post
    I am 39 years old, so i don't have alot of time left. I am a national level bodybuilder. I'm 5'7" and 185lbs. I have taken a variety of anabolic and androgenic steroids in the past, haven't had my period for years. My fiance' wants to have children......my question is: How long do i have to be off of everything before it's safe for me to get pregnant. I know i'll get my period after 3 months of being off.....but i'm not sure it would be safe as far as having a normal healthy baby. ???? Can anyone help me....my Doctors arent too knowledgeable about women on steroids.

THANKS
    Female bodybuilders can get pregnant, yes. However, if you've been using steroids for years, then you have a risk of being infertile, even if you DO get your period back after 3 months of stopping usage (so you may want to find out whether or not you are fertile first). As far as having a normal healthy baby, if you were fertile and still using you would risk pseudohermanphroditism and growth issues with the foetus. Not sure whether these risks would apply if you were NOT using, but had been for years.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

I agree, good advice. Just because you get your period back doesn't mean your eggs are viable and you are a healthy person.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.

You may want to take a trip to your nearest fertility doctor. It's going to be somewhat difficult to get her/him to test you and you not give in to why you want to be tested. Especially with fertility doctors, the insurances are a bit edgy, they want to know EVERYTHING and any reason to why before they are going to pay one silver nickel. If, by somehow, you are infertile, they may offer vitro or some other form. But, let me say, it does get expensive to do the cycles to try and get preg.

My wife and I might be looking into that route depending on if her fibroid operation caused any damage (the fibroids, not the procedure). We've been told that it would cost about 500 bucks a cycle, and probably 4-5 cycles dependent on what she needs.
    ---The destruction of my enemies is to make them my friends---
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by 77sem77 View Post

Yes, of course. Why not?
    Stop posting.

1) You're not a doctor
    2) You have bad advice
    3) This thread is 4 years old
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. 72 year old female bodybuilder
    By JohnnieFreeze in forum Female Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-29-2010, 09:56 PM
  2. Can a female bodybuilder get pregnant???
    By Overall62 in forum Female Fitness
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-30-2009, 09:48 PM
  3. Can a female bodybuilder get pregnant???
    By Overall62 in forum Forum Suggestions and News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-13-2009, 03:59 PM
  4. female bodybuilder bulking advice
    By Trixibell in forum Bulking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2008, 05:47 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-20-2006, 10:43 AM