dips width issue

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
hey boys, need a hand here.. bought a dip/chins stand and didn't realise that the dip bars are way too wide for my shoulders and they're causing a bit of grief. I know I can just do bench dips or tri pushups but I just like to do dips and since the stand is there I want to make use of it, if possible.

Suggestions as to how to narrow them?

Neil5585

Neil5585

Awards
  • Established
That's a tough one. Got a pic of it so we can what might be possible?

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
What might work, but its going to make it a lot harder is if you get a rope from a hardware store, preferably a car towing rope and put two handles from a cable attachment on the ends of the rope. drape the rope over a pull up bar and wrap it enough times so that it is at your desired height, you now have rings to do dips on.

Neil5585

Neil5585

Awards
  • Established
You could also use a pronated hand position with that station to do Girdona dips for the chest if you want.

cord195148

cord195148

Awards
If the dip bars are just tubing, you may be able to slide a larger diameter pipe over the handles one at a time, and carefully bend them toward the center. Or if you know a good welder he could probably modify it to your liking.

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
You could also use a pronated hand position with that station to do Girdona dips for the chest if you want.
I think Vince mandated that the bars be 33 inches apart to effectively hit the pecs...so Gironda dips might work.

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
yea i'd agree w/ cord guy. fabricating some closer bars would probably be best...or u could get a refund :donut: