Poll: HOW DID YOU GET YOUR BIG ARMS?

BIG ARMS are cool...How did you get them?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
  1. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.7%
    Achievements Posting Pro

BIG ARMS are cool...How did you get them?

SO....who doesnt want big arms?

how did you get yours?

-infrequent training
    -more frequent training
    -how many sets per bi's or tri's
    -what other muscles do you train them with vs. training them together
    -training intensity
    -volume
    -weight (heavy or lighter)

2. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.51%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

More frequent + IGF seems to work better than anything for me. Still ever adjusting though.
  3. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.7%
    Achievements Posting Pro

yea...my arms are stubborn...they dont like to get bigger, but I dont care what they like....they will get bigger
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.84%

Quote Originally Posted by pudzian2 View Post
    yea...my arms are stubborn...they dont like to get bigger, but I dont care what they like....they will get bigger
    they be big now pudz. hahaha. but they'll grow even more over time. just keep training with the same intensity you've been training with. maybe vary your rep ranges a little more and alternate between high volume/ low volume lifts. just a thought.
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.75%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I change up my training every 6-8 weeks. I try and keep them at about 3-5 sets and 2-4 exercises per muscle. Reps vary depending on goal and whether or not they are tied into another muscle group that day.
  6. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.7%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by beebab View Post
    they be big now pudz. hahaha. but they'll grow even more over time. just keep training with the same intensity you've been training with. maybe vary your rep ranges a little more and alternate between high volume/ low volume lifts. just a thought.
    ohhhhh da beebab......yea man. Im going to do this:

1-Im going to train quads with triceps and
    2-Hams with biceps.
    (the compound movement for the larger muscle first)...the more muscle fiber I activate the more growth. Arms grow proportionally, so I need to put on weight and size to get them to grow. I will use my slin 3x per week after each of those workouts and also after my chest workout.

I think training a lagging part with a large muscle group will help stimulate growth
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.84%

ohhhhh da beebab......yea man. Im going to do this:

1-Im going to train quads with triceps and
    2-Hams with biceps.
    (the compound movement for the larger muscle first)...the more muscle fiber I activate the more growth. Arms grow proportionally, so I need to put on weight and size to get them to grow. I will use my slin 3x per week after each of those workouts and also after my chest workout.

I think training a lagging part with a large muscle group will help stimulate growth
    follow good ole joe's advice....a weight gain of 10 lbs adds another inch to the arms. hahaha. after working quads though, you don't think you'll be thoroughly burned out for tri's?
  8. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.54%

Injecting prop into the bi's has a nice swelling effect.lol I used to get the best gains in arm size by haveing one arm day every 5 days and hitting them for an 1hr straigtht. I'd start with heavy 5-8 reps for the first exercise and then do lighter weight higher reps as the workout progressed. I can't remeber exactley how I did it because its been along time since I trained like that. I will say regular westside training does not increase arm size like when I used to train the other way although its not designed to. I have been thinking about trying to mass up the arms so i'm going to do some extra bicep work and see if I can pull it off without messing up my wsb template.
  9. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.7%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Jstrong20 View Post
    Injecting prop into the bi's has a nice swelling effect.lol I used to get the best gains in arm size by haveing one arm day every 5 days and hitting them for an 1hr straigtht. I'd start with heavy 5-8 reps for the first exercise and then do lighter weight higher reps as the workout progressed. I can't remeber exactley how I did it because its been along time since I trained like that. I will say regular westside training does not increase arm size like when I used to train the other way although its not designed to. I have been thinking about trying to mass up the arms so i'm going to do some extra bicep work and see if I can pull it off without messing up my wsb template.
    sounds interesting...Its just a system of trial and error really...everyone is different
  10. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.1%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Arms are something that doesn't grow on me as well. If someone is doing a simple FB routine M,W,F, would it be okay to throw in an arm day on the weekend?
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.32%

Quote Originally Posted by AM07 View Post
    Arms are something that doesn't grow on me as well. If someone is doing a simple FB routine M,W,F, would it be okay to throw in an arm day on the weekend?
    Work your shoulders. Deads, overhead presses, incline presses, chins, and my personal fave, the clean and push press. They sort of set the limit as to how big your arms (bis/tris) will get.

X
  12. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.54%

sounds interesting...Its just a system of trial and error really...everyone is different
    Yeah it seems so. It appears most do well with way less volume. Some lucky bastards do barley any direct work for arms and are huge. I tried the less is more approach and it didn't work well for my arms. Now If I could get my forearms swole I'd be happy.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.77%

man... I dunno bros... arms seem to be pretty hard...
  14. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.1%

I was doing arms once a week just like everything else and they weren't doing ****. So one day I woke up looked at them and said "**** you" and worked them 2-3 a week, I absolutely devastated them.. they were like "whats going on!!" and the bastards grew on me. I am going to try this with shoulders next.
  15. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.7%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by SteelEntity View Post
    I was doing arms once a week just like everything else and they weren't doing ****. So one day I woke up looked at them and said "**** you" and worked them 2-3 a week, I absolutely devastated them.. they were like "whats going on!!" and the bastards grew on me. I am going to try this with shoulders next.
    damn, well congrats and figuring it out. Im still tryin to find what works for me.
  16. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.93%

I have arm size issue
    Yes..they won't grow. I mean, they do grow, but not as i'd like them too. Not like other body parts.
    So far, i had biggest success with high frequency system on arms.
  17. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Well im hitting a stopping point again. Torso and legs grow but arms....they want to stay put! When i was doing DC training I noticed a big jump in strength for my tris and bis with some mass too. Im still trying to figure out what the deal is tho. I think Xodus might have a good point tho about shoulders....idk. How about you big gun guys out there, care to share?
  18. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.7%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    Well im hitting a stopping point again. Torso and legs grow but arms....they want to stay put! When i was doing DC training I noticed a big jump in strength for my tris and bis with some mass too. Im still trying to figure out what the deal is tho. I think Xodus might have a good point tho about shoulders....idk. How about you big gun guys out there, care to share?
    yea pleaaaaase share...
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.32%

What are considered 'big'?

X
  20. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.1%

My triceps are a good size. What caused them to grow was super setting very light weight cable push downs with heavy close grip incline BP. I would reverse the order in which I did them every few weeks.
  21. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.7%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    What are considered 'big'?

X
    well...what do you consider big? I'm not talking size so much as overall quality. I mean anyone can obtain thick fat arms....but cut, large, and developed arms.....

and the variable being discussed here is what people have had most success with when getting them to grow in size, when the other few attributes were assumed to be in place.
  22. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.84%

3-4 sets 5 reps barbell, dumbell curls, then dumbell hammers. Took me from 14's to 18's. Now they are stubborn, I think I can get 1/2" more on tris. Forearms love back and no straps!
  23. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.7%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ITHURTZ View Post
    3-4 sets 5 reps barbell, dumbell curls, then dumbell hammers. Took me from 14's to 18's. Now they are stubborn, I think I can get 1/2" more on tris. Forearms love back and no straps!
    that's pretty much the workout I use and vary up...the soreness I get from those three exercises is great. most other exercises leave me with just...eh
  24. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.1%

Even though many people say preachers are ****, they are the staple of my arm routine. I use the EZ bar with a wide grip and supinate my hands so that my pinky finger is above the rest of my hand. Pretty much the reverse of a classic EZ grip. This tends to place more overload on the bicep and not the brachialis. There was an article someone posted about this once, i'll try to dig it up.
  25. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.7%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Even though many people say preachers are ****, they are the staple of my arm routine. I use the EZ bar with a wide grip and supinate my hands so that my pinky finger is above the rest of my hand. Pretty much the reverse of a classic EZ grip. This tends to place more overload on the bicep and not the brachialis. There was an article someone posted about this once, i'll try to dig it up.
    i tried this. I feel it like crazy right in the biceps. Its hard on the wrists so I use very light weigh and end up not being sore.....
  26. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.6%

I think this is the artical you guys are talking about
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/fla-t...p-article.html

Arms are pretty confusing to me. Most of time I try to hit 3 set of 8-10 reps for bi's and tri's
  27. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.1%

Quote Originally Posted by building mass View Post
    I think this is the artical you guys are talking about
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/fla-t...p-article.html

Arms are pretty confusing to me. Most of time I try to hit 3 set of 8-10 reps for bi's and tri's
    Thanks thats the one. It does say don't preach, but when I started using that supinated grip on the preacher bench I made some nice gains. The weight I used was fairly light as well.
  28. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.7%
    Achievements Posting Pro

i haven't done preachers in a while. I will try the supinated grip preacher.
  29. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.24%

i weighted dips 10x3 and i do bb curls 10x3. went from 14 to 16 so far.
  30. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.7%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate2827 View Post
    i weighted dips 10x3 and i do bb curls 10x3. went from 14 to 16 so far.
    nice man. tryin to bring past the 20+ inch mark....its a *****
  31. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  224 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.94%

Cell Tech

No, but really. My arms havnt really grown in the last 1.5 years im stuck at 15.5, so gay. I mean i keep getting strong (hammer curl 80x6 DBs) but ****, they wont grow. My bis are getting better tho, but my tris are severly lacking...
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-GELS THE Prohormone alternative!
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.32%

well...what do you consider big? I'm not talking size so much as overall quality. I mean anyone can obtain thick fat arms....but cut, large, and developed arms.....

and the variable being discussed here is what people have had most success with when getting them to grow in size, when the other few attributes were assumed to be in place.
    So giggly grandma arms don't count?

Unless you are going to pump yourself full of synthol a'la Greg Vantentino, you just gotta get bigger.

I think this about sums it up:

Big Arms, Big Physique

Q: Is it true you have to gain a bunch of muscular body weight overall in order to get big arms?

A: Typically, you have to gain 15 pounds of overall body weight to add an inch to your upper arm measurements. Now, if you want to go from 21 to 22-inch arms, which is enormous, it'll be more like a 25 pound gain.

Weider writers claimed that Arnold used to have a 22 inch arm COLD. Arthur Jones said they were full of ****. Arthur Jones was right: The Weider camp was full of ****. For Arnold to have a legitimate 22 inch arm, he would've had to weigh 308.

If you're going from a 14 inch arm to 16, then 30 pounds will do it. But going from 18 to 20 inches will require more like a 50 pound gain.
  33. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.1%

synthol bro! lol jk.
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.32%

synthol bro! lol jk.

35. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.1%

Just lost my appetite
  36. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.7%
    Achievements Posting Pro

thats so ****ing rediculous. what sick minds to want that. **** i dont care tho, whatever gets em through the night
  37. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.7%
    Achievements Posting Pro

So giggly grandma arms don't count?

Unless you are going to pump yourself full of synthol a'la Greg Vantentino, you just gotta get bigger.

I think this about sums it up:

Big Arms, Big Physique

Q: Is it true you have to gain a bunch of muscular body weight overall in order to get big arms?

A: Typically, you have to gain 15 pounds of overall body weight to add an inch to your upper arm measurements. Now, if you want to go from 21 to 22-inch arms, which is enormous, it'll be more like a 25 pound gain.

Weider writers claimed that Arnold used to have a 22 inch arm COLD. Arthur Jones said they were full of ****. Arthur Jones was right: The Weider camp was full of ****. For Arnold to have a legitimate 22 inch arm, he would've had to weigh 308.

If you're going from a 14 inch arm to 16, then 30 pounds will do it. But going from 18 to 20 inches will require more like a 50 pound gain.

yea i do agree. However I think there may be few exceptions where some genetically gifted (however i think "genetics" are overrated excuses for people not to work hard to achieve their goals). I think some people can have naturally disproportionate growth in the arms, but for the most part its all BS that if you go to the gym and do bicep curls 3x per week and nothing else that you can make 23 inch arms and a stick figure physique other wise.

i heard it was more like 10lbs per inch on the arms.....oh well. I want 20+inch arms so 40+lbs gain it is!
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.32%

yea i do agree. However I think there may be few exceptions where some genetically gifted (however i think "genetics" are overrated excuses for people not to work hard to achieve their goals). I think some people can have naturally disproportionate growth in the arms, but for the most part its all BS that if you go to the gym and do bicep curls 3x per week and nothing else that you can make 23 inch arms and a stick figure physique other wise.

i heard it was more like 10lbs per inch on the arms.....oh well. I want 20+inch arms so 40+lbs gain it is!
    Yeah the 'genetics' excuse is a pretty poor one. My genetics gave me a large frame, which makes it tougher to 'fill out' vs. someone a foot shorter than me, but it certainly won't limit what I can do with time and persistence.

If curling 3x / week gave you 'big guns', there would be a lot of 165# dudes walking around with howitzers sticking out of their sleeves...

20"? damn.

I would be happy to get to 19" and change, shirts are hard enough to buy now.
  39. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.7%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Yeah the 'genetics' excuse is a pretty poor one. My genetics gave me a large frame, which makes it tougher to 'fill out' vs. someone a foot shorter than me, but it certainly won't limit what I can do with time and persistence.

If curling 3x / week gave you 'big guns', there would be a lot of 165# dudes walking around with howitzers sticking out of their sleeves...

20"? damn.

I would be happy to get to 19" and change, shirts are hard enough to buy now.
    yea true. 19 and change wouldnt be too bad as either haha...but when someone says how big are your arms? and your like...well about as big as your ***** ass right leg. I just think thats funny.
  40. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.15%

yea true. 19 and change wouldnt be too bad as either haha...but when someone says how big are your arms? and your like...well about as big as your ***** ass right leg. I just think thats funny.

Similar Forum Threads

1. How did you get on with Anabolic designs shredabull?
    By Icemansoldier in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-04-2010, 08:13 PM
  2. how far did you get naturally
    By UnrealMachine in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 07-10-2010, 01:33 PM
  3. How did you guys get more test from your doctors?
    By LiveNDie in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-04-2010, 07:12 PM
  4. How did you get on with universal storm?
    By Icemansoldier in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-31-2009, 12:33 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-08-2003, 03:48 PM