You don't have to be strong

Answers

You don't have to be strong

You don't have to be strong to be huge......but it sure helps. I see posts, and hear from people all the time that say strenght isn't that important as long as they are big. And while many people can get quite big without getting strong, putting the two together usually ends with greatness. Here is a clip of Ronnie banging out 12 reps with 200 lb dumbells in each hand. Damn!!!!! Just to get 'em in posistion has to be a workout!!!!

http://www.irongame.net/videos/Ronni...bfor12reps.mpg

Iron Addict

2. Running with the Big Boys
    Answers

No **** to the workout to get them into position IA.. I have fun with the 100's at times.. never have gotten that little knee kick trick to work right for me..
  3. Registered User
    Answers

I use the little knee kick all the time. I do shoulder presses with 100lb dbs...I get worn out getting those bastards above my head.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

Damm watching that makes me feel like a baby LOL. My gym doesn't even have 200 pound dumbells. The knee kick is great but you have to be careful, sometimes I've banged the weight off my knees too hard and it than lands right on your chest with a little more speed
  5. Running with the Big Boys
    Answers

I think the biggest we have is 150's
  6. Gate Keeper
    Answers

IA I agree with you there about not having to be superman to get big, genetics is def a big factor. For example my older brother is a thick and muscluar SOB but in the weight room he doesn't lift that heavy of weights. Honestly I see a lot of guys in there not even half the size of him lifting the same if not heavier than he his. He does do everything slow and concentrated but for some reason he just grows. It seems like he gets bigger lifting a pen to take a note Bastard.

Later J
  7. Obese Member
    Answers

One question, what the f*ck is he babbeling to himself about? I think the big dood lost his mind.
  8. Running with the Big Boys
    Answers

lol.. that self talk.. guess he just has a hard time doing that inside his mind like the rest of us.. I would worry if he started answering himself more than he was.. "Watch yourself" LMAO
    Answers

Talking about strength... I visited this other gym near where I live and they have dumbells up to... 350lbs! I don't think they have all the 5lb increments but anyways...

This is *OLD* equipment, mind you, those round-ball DBs that are so awkward to handle... Not that I use them

Louis Cyr, Québécois just like me, lived in the early XXth century and worked out at that gym. There is a picture on the wall of him holding a 250-lb DB at arm's length. Anyone here doing side lateral raises with 250?

I guess he really was the strongest man EVER. And he wasn't that big.
    Last edited by LunaHotel; 07-24-2003 at 01:31 PM.
  10. Registered User
    Answers

Wow! 350lb dumbells? I can not imagine that. Mine gym only goes up to 125lbs.
  11. Registered User
    Answers

wow! Louis Cyr ??? I do not know who this man was, or is...but would love to see more info on this godly creature!! that kind of strength is just too super human to maingine for me!! love to hear about these things, even better to see it though...any more info, post it damnit!!

ryu
  12. Registered User
    Answers

my gym has db that go up to 210 but i've only seen one guy use them.

when i do heavy db shoulder presses i've gotten to where i hoist one up and get someone to hand me the other. and i noticed that i get a much better shoulder workout. if no one is in the gym that i trust i punt and do standing mil presses!
  13. Registered User
    Answers

Originally posted by jminis
    IA I agree with you there about not having to be superman to get big, genetics is def a big factor. For example my older brother is a thick and muscluar SOB but in the weight room he doesn't lift that heavy of weights. Honestly I see a lot of guys in there not even half the size of him lifting the same if not heavier than he his. He does do everything slow and concentrated but for some reason he just grows. It seems like he gets bigger lifting a pen to take a note Bastard.

Later J
    i hate your older brother...he sounds like a guy who used to owrkout at my gym...didnt do that heavy of a weight and form was crap...but he coould look at a db and grow...had an awesome build...go figure...
  14. Registered User
    Answers

200lb DB presses...Impressive! For a girl! (Wish I could)

It's not the knee kick thats the problem for me, its the bruises that I get when I roll off the bench on to the floor.
    Answers

OK here are some Links on this legendary strongman.

http://www.sandowplus.co.uk/Competition/Cyr/cyr.htm

At this link :
    http://www.sandowplus.co.uk/Competition/Cyr/gallery.htm
    The 3rd-to-last picture shows him holding what I believe is that same 350-lb DB that I saw with my own eyes. I could be wrong, this might be only 300lb or so... Hard to tell...

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/F.../Cyrtexts.html

http://www.naturalstrength.com/history/cyr.html

http://www.picturethis.ca/louis_cyr.html
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. You don't have to endure the taste of Endurance!
    By brenthebdog in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 12-30-2012, 09:12 PM
  2. looking for a cort blocker you don't have to cycle
    By MakaveliThaDon in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-18-2011, 02:20 PM
  3. You have to be kidding me!
    By MNripped in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-06-2011, 09:47 PM
  4. ArimEvol, you have to be kidding me!