Lower Back

Trapark666

Trapark666

Awards
About eight weeks ago I felt something pull in my lower back while doing bent over barbell rows. Needless to say, this put a halt to doing them again or squats and deadlifts. Three weeks ago everything was feeling fine and I started dong all three again. Yesterday while dong squats I felt a worse pain than before in my lower back and couldn't finish my workout. Today, the right side of my back hurts like a bitch and feels tight as hell. I know I will have to take some time off again from squats and deads but was wondering if anyone else had this problem and if there are any preventions form doing it all over again later. Thanks for the help.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Time to head to the doctor/chriopracter. You really need to have this checked out...

theSCHICK

Awards
I've been dealing with something like this for 2.5 months now. I took some time off in the gym, then my first day back I thought I could do the same weight. I was doing a leg press and got sloppy...I rolled my lower back while lowering the weight.

Now I don't have any flexbility due to the pain. I know I should visit a doctor or something...but you know how it is.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
I have suffered different times with back problems. more than like a congential defect in the stucture but the back is not a place to take a lacks attitude about injuries. It the core of for almost every movement and if the back is hurt/injuried you are only setting back your progress if you don't get it taken care of. I have/am having to work through a nagging injury with my back now, and there are days that getting up from bed is pure torture but with both my doctor and chiropracter working together things are getting better.. Just don't let it wait around and do something that would injury it further.. trust me you don't want to have to do the back surgery route if you can avoid it...
*steppinig down off the soapbox*

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
Many that suffer from lower back pain have tight hamstrings. Try stretching your hams. Although, if it is already strained, it may be too late.

Trapark666

Trapark666

Awards
Thanks for the advice. fellas. I will give the hammies a big stretch and see what that does. I don't have health insurance right now, so I am afraid the docotr/chiro route will break the old savings. Thanks again.

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
Having no health insurance sucks. When I used to work for UPS, I was bent over all night from loading. It caused serious lower back pain. It got to where I could not even put my socks on, that really sucked. I finally went to a chiropractor, which really helped me out. If you can't go to the doc, try taking some time off to heal or workout with light weight. Also, try stretching. Look up some stretches on the net. the ones I remember are: cobra stretch- like doing a pushup, but keep the waist down and to the floor. Cat/cow stretch- get on all fours, arch back up, arch back down. Try lying on the floor, bring knees up towards your chest and pull (knees) in with your hands. When you feel well enough try working on strenghthening your lower back with hyper extensions, good mornings and don't forget your ab work. Good luck.