Am I totally off?

  1. Registered User
    ozarkaBRAND's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,279
    Answers
    0

    Am I totally off?


    I'd really like a critique of my workout, or any suggestions/advice?

    Day1: Chest + back
    Flat Bench
    Bent Rows
    incline Dbell bench
    Dbell rows
    Weighted Dips
    Wide-grip Pull ups

    Day2: Leg Day
    Squat
    LegPress
    Deadlift
    Calves

    Day3: Bi + Tri
    Barbell curls
    Close-grip bench
    Reverse grip pullups
    Skull Crushers
    Incline Dbell curls
    Overhead Dbell Extension

    Day4: Shoulders & such
    Military press
    Barbell/Dbell shrugs
    Arnold Press
    Behind back forearm curls
    Lat Raises

    Thanks
    -Ozarkabrand

  2. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,143
    Answers
    0


    Leg day is lacking, but that is it.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  3. Registered User
    Hank Vangut's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,735
    Answers
    0


    maybe slip in a rest day between day 3 & 4.

    otherwise your tris will still be fatigued when you go to work your shoulder presses.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    jbono731's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    340
    Answers
    0


    Personally I find that if I do 2 major muscle groups on the same day, like you have on day one. . .I cant use as much weight, bc it is completely draining. Also on your "shoulders and such" I would do the forearm curls last. The reason is that you are going to really diminish the quality of gour grip for your lateral raises (unless you are strapping it up) . .and I might be missing them, but it doesnt look like you have an exercise for rear delts?
  5. Registered User
    ozarkaBRAND's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,279
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by jbono731 View Post
    but it doesnt look like you have an exercise for rear delts?
    What would you recommend?
  6. Registered User
    ozarkaBRAND's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,279
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Leg day is lacking, but that is it.
    What would you suggest then? I'm all for suggestions
  7. Registered User
    jbono731's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    340
    Answers
    0


    A solid rear delt exercise is the bent over lateral raise. Also you can do the reverse pec deck, Rope face pull up(a forum favorite), reverse cable flye(same motion as reverse pec deck but w/ cable). Also I posted a ? about a week ago about my rear delts lagging behind the rest of my shoulder. With the help of the fellas on the forum, I started off my workout with a rear delt exercise(bent over raise to be exact). I would recommend taking into account what parts of your workout you excel in, and adjust accordingly. Good luck man, and keep us posted on likes or dislikes.
  8. Registered User
    ozarkaBRAND's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,279
    Answers
    0


    Leg day suggestions bump
  9. Registered User
    Hank Vangut's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,735
    Answers
    0


    i don't think your leg day is light at all.
    you have the major moves - if you work them w/intensity you should be fine.

    squats and deads in the same workout is grueling. many advocate splitting them up on separate days. a lot do deads on back day since it hits your entire back and traps as well.

    i know i wouldn't have the energy or desire to do squats and deads on the same day.
  10. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,143
    Answers
    0


    Great leg WO

    Squats
    SLDL
    Unilateral LP
    Reverse Lunges
    Hack Squats
    Lying or Standing Leg Curls (or Glute/Ham Raises)
    Leg Extensions
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  11. Registered User
    RoidRageX10's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  164 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,692
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Great leg WO

    Squats
    SLDL
    Unilateral LP
    Reverse Lunges
    Hack Squats
    Lying or Standing Leg Curls (or Glute/Ham Raises)
    Leg Extensions
    how many sets is this?

    what Hank said was good, with Intensity he should be fine. But thats just my opinion..
  12. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,143
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by RoidRageX10 View Post
    how many sets is this?

    what Hank said was good, with Intensity he should be fine. But thats just my opinion..
    10-12 for quads, 7-9 for hams. His original thigh WO has very little posterior work, which can lead to injuries and imbalances.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  13. Registered User
    ozarkaBRAND's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,279
    Answers
    0


    Got back from my workout, which happened to be leg day, went with this:

    Squat
    Unilateral LegPress
    Hack Squat
    Leg Curls
    Calves

    So, hack squat just isn't going to happen, not after the first two, plus i just don't like it.. so I'm thinking of replacing it with a bit of sumo deadlift... How does that sound?
  14. Registered User
    dlew308's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,648
    Answers
    0


    how about some wide grip pull ups and rack pulls for the back day?
  15. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,143
    Answers
    0


    You have to build up to a leg day the one I outlined. Also, add in more direct hamstring work.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  16. Registered User
    jas123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,066
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Great leg WO

    Squats
    SLDL
    Unilateral LP
    Reverse Lunges
    Hack Squats
    Lying or Standing Leg Curls (or Glute/Ham Raises)
    Leg Extensions
    What does the SL in SLDL stand for? That seems like way too much to me if you're going heavy on squat and deadlift. Those are the two lift that will put a lot of mass on you if your bulking.
  17. Registered User
    MisterEZE's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  242 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Age
    32
    Posts
    297
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    What does the SL in SLDL stand for? That seems like way too much to me if you're going heavy on squat and deadlift. Those are the two lift that will put a lot of mass on you if your bulking.
    I'm assuming Stiff-Leg Dead Lift. That does seem like quite a bit of leg work for a day...at least to me. I like all the moves but I'd try and split it up a little bit at first. Like Rodja said...work up to routine.
  18. Registered User
    KingMeso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    606
    Answers
    0


    I'm lovin' my leg routine right now. Currently I'm doing Squats, Leg Presses, DB Lunges, Sumo Deadlifts (F'n awesome!), Leg Ext., Leg Curls, Standing Calf Raises, and Seated Calf Raises.
  19. Registered User
    KingMeso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    606
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by ozarkaBRAND View Post
    I'd really like a critique of my workout, or any suggestions/advice?

    Day1: Chest + back
    Flat Bench
    Bent Rows
    incline Dbell bench
    Dbell rows
    Weighted Dips
    Wide-grip Pull ups

    Day2: Leg Day
    Squat
    LegPress
    Deadlift
    Calves

    Day3: Bi + Tri
    Barbell curls
    Close-grip bench
    Reverse grip pullups
    Skull Crushers
    Incline Dbell curls
    Overhead Dbell Extension

    Day4: Shoulders & such
    Military press
    Barbell/Dbell shrugs
    Arnold Press
    Behind back forearm curls
    Lat Raises

    Thanks
    -Ozarkabrand
    Everybody responds differently to routines/exercises. The main question, is how does it feel to you?
  20. Registered User
    ozarkaBRAND's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,279
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    You have to build up to a leg day the one I outlined. Also, add in more direct hamstring work.
    Ok, I'm thinking this is what I'll go with:

    Squat
    Unilateral Leg press
    Lunges
    Deadlift
    Leg Curls
    Calves
  21. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,143
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by ozarkaBRAND View Post
    Ok, I'm thinking this is what I'll go with:

    Squat
    Unilateral Leg press
    Lunges
    Deadlift
    Leg Curls
    Calves
    Deadlift and Stiff-Legged Deadlift are not the same exercise. Also, stagger your quad and ham exercises.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  22. Registered User
    ozarkaBRAND's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,279
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Deadlift and Stiff-Legged Deadlift are not the same exercise. Also, stagger your quad and ham exercises.
    I know, I opted for deadlift instead. And, when you say stagger them, you mean something like quads hams, quads hams?
  23. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,143
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by ozarkaBRAND View Post
    I know, I opted for deadlift instead. And, when you say stagger them, you mean something like quads hams, quads hams?
    Yes.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. AMS - 50% off EVERYTHING
    By Royd The Noyd in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-29-2010, 03:33 PM
  2. 10% Off All Orders for AM Members!
    By IronMagLabs in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-30-2010, 10:04 AM
  3. Am I totally off?
    By ozarkaBRAND in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-02-2007, 09:43 AM
  4. House of Pain Clothing... Total Rip-off
    By CyberMuscle in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-04-2007, 01:35 PM
  5. Wow..... Yea got thrown off track and beat, but here i am!
    By 3clipseGT in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-01-2007, 06:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in