which training method while on cycle?

sfearl1

sfearl1

Awards
  • Established
i'm finishing my fourth week of hst this week (2nd week of 10's) which means i have two weeks on 5's then either two more weeks of 5's, two weeks of negs, or just start something new. i will be starting a cycle around this time and am wondering if i should do a modified version of hst or back to my higher volume one to two bodyparts a day. any thoughts?

btw i am liking hst alot. i had a little bit of a problem with my upper inner chest being less full than the rest and have done everything in my power to try and build it with no prevail. after 3.5 weeks of hst i have been able to add mass to this area that i previously wasn't able to! :thumbsup: that right there is enough for this cycle to be considered a success!!

firefighter2032

firefighter2032

Awards
  • Established
jump over to the HST website forum and go under the FAQ's. Bryan & Blade do a nice job of explaining how to incorporate a cycle with the HST routine.

sfearl1

sfearl1

Awards
  • Established
jump over to the HST website forum and go under the FAQ's. Bryan & Blade do a nice job of explaining how to incorporate a cycle with the HST routine.
i think you pm'ed me that link but i was under the impression it was for more of a pulse cycle rather than a straight 12 weeks of test (what i'm doing). i'll go back and check it out. i've taken interest in a 5X5 routine . i might check that out next. but i will definitely be running another hst with or without gear.

firefighter2032

firefighter2032

Awards
  • Established
yeah...come to think about it, I don't think they have anything drawn out for a lengthy cycle.

Good Luck

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
i'm debating the same thing when i start my test cycle...i'm doing DC right now and lovin it but I might just switch back to classic High Volume training with a 5 or 6 day split when i get on gear...

sfearl1

sfearl1

Awards
  • Established
i'm debating the same thing when i start my test cycle...i'm doing DC right now and lovin it but I might just switch back to classic High Volume training with a 5 or 6 day split when i get on gear...
its hard to decide isn't it!!? i just feel like i would be wasting good workout days if i did three days a week hst style training. i'm thinking about doing a modified version of hst without the 15's rep range and heavier weights. i'll elaborate once i figure it out. either that or do 3 on 1 off with a chest/tri, back/bi, shoulders/legs split. decisions, decisions...

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its definitely a rough question, and another one that is very different individual to individual