hows your workout routine on T1-pro

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.54%

hows your workout routine on T1-pro

This is my split workout 2 days/rest 1. Pretty much i do 3 sets for every excercise and abs/calves 3 times a week. Im planning on going on T1 pro dec 20 for 4 weeks. would this routine be considered over training?

DAY 1 - Shoulders
    DB shoulder press
    BB upright row
    Machine shoulder press
    DB lateral raise
    DB shrugs

DAY 2 - Arms - Biceps
    BB curl
    seated alt DB curl
    EZ preacher curl
    rope curl

Triceps
    Skull crusher
    overhead DB extension
    close grip pressdown
    DB kickback

DAY 3 - REST

DAY 4 - Chest - Flat Bench
    incline DB bench
    Dips
    Pec dec

DY 5 - Legs - Squats
    Leg Press
    Leg extension
    hamstring curl
    DAY 6 - REST

DAY 7 - Back - Chin ups
    Seated Row
    Back hammer machine
    DB row
    DB row

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.38%

how many sets reps etc.??
    for example you are only doing 4 exercises total ? i mean i would stick to 3 sets per exercises for hypertrophy and try to hit it from every single angle, and do more exercises per body part.

for shoulders, i would do presses before any other exercises, i think thats a compound movement and i would keep them first. (unless you are trying to pre-exhaust the shoulders)

honestly i think that you are doing too few exercises per body part except for arms, which should be the opposite.
    For the amount of exercises you are doing per body part.... i would combine one or more body parts together and go 2X/week each body part.

jsut keep each exercise at 3 sets and do 5-6 exercises per body part, expecially chest and back, and cut down thevolume for arms. Combine biceps with either chest/back and same with tricpes. I think its too much for arms to have their own separate day, they are not that big muscles.
    I would train each body part 2X/week except arms.

you can easily up the volume considerable especially when you are on 1test.

Other minor points ---
    Triceps : Close grip presses, no exercise do so much for triceps as close grip presses do, i would keep that as a basic tricep movement.
    You are doing 3 exercises for quads, and only 1 for hamstrings... muscle imbalance issues.
  3. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.42%

That looks good....

but dont forget about them rear delts!! ...

you could just do 3-4 sets of bent over lateral raises...and its all good.

I personally do GVT (German Volume Training) all the time now..I love it.

http://www.musclemedia.com/training/gvt.html

There's the link on the program...it's cool...

LG
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.54%

Kay, to answer your question i usually do 3 sets of each excecise with 8-10 reps. so about 12 sets per muscle.

I thinking of getting rid of arm day...and add 2 sets triceps on

chest day and...

and add 2 sets bicep on back day
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.38%

Originally posted by IMPQ
    Kay, to answer your question i usually do 3 sets of each excecise with 8-10 reps. so about 12 sets per muscle.

I thinking of getting rid of arm day...and add 2 sets triceps on

chest day and...

and add 2 sets bicep on back day
    unless you have some sort of time constraint while going to gym, i would definitely up the volume considerably!
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.54%

no time constraints...

so 15-18 sets per bodypart would be more sufficent?

how many sets for triceps should i do on chest day?
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    100%

This is *not* a flame...

Originally posted by Kay
    how many sets reps etc.??
    for example you are only doing 4 exercises total ? i mean i would stick to 3 sets per exercises for hypertrophy and try to hit it from every single angle, and do more exercises per body part.

jsut keep each exercise at 3 sets and do 5-6 exercises per body part, expecially chest and back, and cut down thevolume for arms. Combine biceps with either chest/back and same with tricpes. I think its too much for arms to have their own separate day, they are not that big muscles.
    I would train each body part 2X/week except arms. 
    .... again, this is not a flame, but I have to ask.

Where in the hell do people come up with stuff like "stick to 3 sets per exercises for hypertrophy...." Honestly? Show me one scientific article that proves 3 sets is better than 1 set. I can show ya that they are the same, but have yet to see any article show the reverse. Show me that 5-6 exercises per body part will be best. GVT, a *high* volume training system doesn't even do more than 4 exercises per day, and most people don't even do all 4! Anabolic supplements allow for an increase in sets, granted. But IMPQ has not given us any stats, any information about having tested for optimal rep-set ranges. No description of body type..... (correct me on this if I'm wrong, and it was mentioned in another thread.) And yet, people can magically decide his optimal exercise and rep range?

Honestly, the majority of people are not mesomorphs. The majority of the population cannot handle ridiculous volume, even while on PHs! If I did 5 - 6 exercises per body part of 3 sets, hitting each body part 2x per week, *while* on an 8ml / day dosing of T-1 Pro I would absolutely be restricting my potential to gain. To make broad sweeping statements like this without more information is ludicrous, IMHO. The only principle of hypertrophy that I can (currently think of)turn into a general statement is to increase weight every time, hence progressive overload. And even that isn't necessarily for *everyone* because there are still exceptions, and some people will over-work trying that.

As for time spent lifting, even while *on* a great majority of people see a point of diminishing returns at an hour, some at 45 minutes. I could not in good faith advocate to anyone the idea that more time in the gym will always correlate to better gains.  If you are a genetically gifted person, grats and I'm envious. Enjoy doing the high volume, long gym time... but the most people, even using PHs, will still not be able to handle this load.

Sorry if this seems like a completely ridiculous rant, but a statement like "3 sets for hypertrophy" sets me into a very highly critical mode. If you can prove this, please do. I would LOVE to see something backing this up, as the great choice for virtually every person to see fantastic gains. And Kay, don't take this personally... it was in no way intended just at you. I know you're a good bro

And just so this isn't a completely hijacked thread, IMPQ I agree that an arm day is unnecessary. Compound movements, yes even while on PHs, will still provide more than enough stimulation from all the other days, for the most part. Remember, the average rule of thumb is 10 - 15 lbs = 1 inch on the bicep.... I've seen this one in action many times over and can reasonably accept this as a good guideline.

Learn your body, and you can decide the appropriate training regime. Follow Kay in keeping body parts balanced, as he pointed out. While using PHs, feel free to increase your volume, but know that you aren't completely impervious to overtraining. If you're only doing a few exercises per day, then feel comfortable doing double your normal sets. Should this be too much, you'll know pretty quickly, and just reduce. Often times, while using 1-test, people feel like they could keep going forever in the gym, but are really hurting themselves by doing too much. Err on the side of caution, and ya can't go wrong.

8. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.51%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Originally posted by Lifeguard
    That looks good....

but dont forget about them rear delts!! ...

you could just do 3-4 sets of bent over lateral raises...and its all good.

I personally do GVT (German Volume Training) all the time now..I love it.

http://www.musclemedia.com/training/gvt.html

There's the link on the program...it's cool...

LG
    I as well wil incorporate GVT my next cycle. I only went three weeks on just the t-1 , my first time through...this time im aiming for 4 weeks-1 month. Ive always kept my training standard. (sticking mainly to mass compound movements, 2-4 sets of 4-5 exercises) Only thing i have against german volume is the idea that on my chest days, i will most likely stop doing dips for the month im on my cycle. I understand you choose an exercise for the bodypart and bang out 10 sets of that...but i love love love dips (esp. with my reps and weights moving up) So i might have to do 5 sets of bench and 5 sets of dips, flip flopping with military press (i think im gonna do shoulders and chest on one day....) just though i would share my thoughts.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.38%

well he asked for a recomendation, and most reasonable studies say 3-5 sets per exercise for hypertrophy. most strength training books and studies recomend 3-5 sets.
    As a physical trainer, that's what i was taught, and that's what I tell all the people at the gym I work at.
    There is a lot of research backing this, I can give you a few books.

"A guide To strength Training and Conditioning" ...... This is the book we used for our AFLCA certification up here, I think it might be different for United States certification.

But remember this is just a guideline.... you can do 1 set / exercise, but 3-5 sets is recomended for maximizing growth.

45 minutes you say ..... well if you do 5 exercises for 3 sets each? thats 15 total sets right? For hypertrophy, rest period = 60 - 90 seconds ?? i doubt that will take more than 45 - 50 minutes.

If you read any certified book or a refereed journal, over 80% of them recommend or use the 3-5 sets/exercise scheme, now i m ano genius, but there is a reason for that.... and that is that most research finds greatest gains on 3-5 sets/exercise.

Again, you can read that book, and that data is from refereed journals.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.38%

plus, i think he only asked for a opinion, and that's mine ...
    so i don't think you can argue against someone's opinion.
    PLus i actually have quite a few years of experience in training people, so I am also coming from a lot of experience. I mean what you do might work for you... but what i said works for most people.

I usually do 6 exercises per body part, and i am never in the gym for more than 60 minutes doing reistance training.
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.38%

sorry the book is --
    Essentials of Strength Training and Conditioning
    by Thomas R. Baechle (Editor)
    NSCA Personal Trainer Certification & CSCS Examination Reference
    National Strength & Conditioning Association

http://www.exrx.net/Store/HK/Essenti...hTraining.html

I have used this book for years now, and i have read it many times............ I recomend you do too....
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  237 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.83%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Just started a Superone+ and 1,4andro cycle, doing GVT for the first time, used to always do 4 day splits. Seems like it works very well for most people, don't know why I've never tried it before.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.54%

usually im the gym for no more than an hour either...so i guess its ok to add more volume to my workouts. Thanks Kay...yup i was just askin for opinions
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    100%

Originally posted by Kay
    sorry the book is --
    Essentials of Strength Training and Conditioning
    by Thomas R. Baechle (Editor)
    NSCA Personal Trainer Certification & CSCS Examination Reference
    National Strength & Conditioning Association

.... (other post) most reasonable studies say 3-5 sets per exercise for hypertrophy. most strength training books and studies recomend 3-5 sets..
    Strength training is not optimal hypertrophy training. "Optimal" being the keyword. Training the CNS, and training within the rules of physiological microtrauma are two different concepts. I have yet to find a research article, on trained athletes, that can demonstrate to me that 3 sets, in a trained individual, is better than one set *for hypertrophy*. I may just not be looking that hard, so please please send me some of those articles. I'd honestly love to see some good articles, on trained athletes/body builders that demonstrates substantial positive affects of multiple sets.

Kay: If hypertrophy is the goal, frequency is far more useful than multiple sets, though PHs allow both of these to increase concurrently... hence great benefits are reaped. My argument was very definitely not with your opinion, at least I didn't mean for it to seem that way. I just would honestly like to see where 3 - 5 sets is best *For Hypertrophy* as you have said. ... in the case of hypertrophy, research shows that minimizing CNS impact and maximizing frequency(every 36 - 48 hours, last I read) is the goal. Increasing sets will not allow the average joe to maximize frequency, therefore how are they best for hypertrophy? I can't find the flaw in that logic, but if you can please show me it. I'd be ecstatic, because I can't find the opposing argument.

I wont comment on the "most people" thing, but I've visited Darden's FL. gym, and worked with several friends(personal trainers) that tried moving clients (with the sole goal of hypertrophy, not strength) to FB routines, or other variations of high frequency with low sets(1 or 2) and they always see equal or better gains. Just personal experience, and the experience of some reputable folk.

Time: My mistake, for some reason I read "for 15- 18 sets for each body part", and then the chest and tricep comment, and immediately 30 - 36 sets popped in my head. (2 body parts on same day, dunno why I was thinking that) :P

For strength, this is a whole 'nother matter, but you said for hypertrophy. Not for strength, so I would just like to see the data, that's all. No big argument/debate whatever, just trying to find the info that I couldn't before And I will check out that strength and conditioning book, though I checked the TOC and couldn't find where it would talk about hypertrophy specifically... could ya add in a chapter # for me?

BTW: I'm pressed for time and exhausted, but this was the first and quickest article on 3 sets vs 1 that I could find. Curto MA., Fisher MM. The effect of single vs. Multiple sets of resistance exercise on strength in trained males. <I>Med. Sci. Sports Exrc. 31</I>(5 Supp) pp.S114, 1999

&nbsp;
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    100%

Heh... just re-read those posts, they sound kinda harsh and were in no way meant to. Hope ya don't see it that way, just trying to express my experience and find out the info on yours Oh, and to keep from cluttering the thread, can ya send me the info via PM? ... sorry bout the hijacking IMPQ :P
  16. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.33%

Not on T1 Pro, but am on One+....

until today (end of 1st cycle) and here's what I did (and will continue to do indefinitely) for any one who wishes to see:

(All reps perfomed 4 seconds down, 2 seconds up)

Day 1:
    Dips 3x6-8 (1 warm up set)
    Chin ups (palms facing me) 3x6-8 (1 warm up set)
    Squats 4x6-8 (2 warm up sets)
    SLDL 2x6-8
    Donkey Calf Raises 3x6-8 (1 warm up set)

Day 2: Rest

Day 3:

BB Bench 3x6-8 (1 warm up set)
    BB Bent Over Row 3x6-8 (1 warm up set)
    Close Grip Bench 1x10
    Close Grip Chin ups (palms facing me) 1x10
    BLDL 3x6-8 (1 warm up set)

Day 4: Rest

Day 5:
    DB Incline Bench 3x6-8 (1 warm up set)
    DB Rows 3x6-8 (1 warm up set)
    DB Shoulder Press 1x10
    DB Shrugs 1x10
    Leg Press 4x6-8 (4 warm up set)
    Leg Curl 1x10
    Seated Calf Raise 3x6-8 (1 warm up set)

Day 6&7: Rest

Has worked to both add size and strength. Just what's worked for me.

Peace

Similar Forum Threads

1. hows this workout routine look while "ON"
    By Squats in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-28-2005, 02:12 PM
  2. my experience on 2 weeks on T1-Pro info
    By abzolute in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-09-2003, 10:44 PM
  3. Second Week results on T1 Pro
    By 2cAnnons in forum Cycle Info