What program are u guys on?

What program are u using and like the most?

• High Volume

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • DC Method

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • HIT Method

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • 5x5 Program

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Other

Votes: 13 34.2%

• Total voters
UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
What program do u guys favor the most? If u chose other please explain which one u like.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I usually do a mix between Westside and DC with a little extra volume. I mix it up a lot though. I plateau quickly if I don't switch things up often.

sdcmob

Awards
i do the high volume cuz im always seeing results when i stick to it!!!!

SMOKEPALADIN

SMOKEPALADIN

Awards
  • Established
HST
I have been having the best results since I started this style. Once and a while i will switch off to 5x5 for a strength boost and to change things up.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
5x5 for me here. I used to switch between HST and 5x5, but I seem to respond best to heavier weights and HST stretched the heavy lifting out too long and I'd have to drop the volume, so I ended up doing something very similar to 5x5 anyway. So, I just stuck with it in the end. I'm working on and considering doing an odd mix of West Side and Max Stim training.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am a hybrid of Max-OT and Westside training. My priority is strength and power, not mass.

firefighter2032

firefighter2032

Awards
  • Established
HST

Works best for me

regardless of what program I do in the future, full body routines are the way to go for me

Last edited:
firefighter2032

firefighter2032

Awards
  • Established
Kind of tough for me to give you an honest answer to this. I'm just getting back to working out after a long lay off due to a torn tendon in my arm.

But remembering back to my cycles before I was injured, I remember one of my first cycles I went from bench pressing 205 to 225 for 3 sets of 5. I was also eating like a horse and wasn't staying lean. Now that I'm back at it I'm eating a bit lighter.

I finished my last cycle and I was able to bench press 185 for 3 sets of 5 and I did it the other day and it was no problem at all. But this could also be partially due to muscle memory.

I can tell you that in each cycle of HST I've done, I've ended up stronger and bigger.

sfearl1

sfearl1

Awards
  • Established
i've really been thinking about trying hst. i'm currently, and have been ever since i started lifting, been on a high volume routine training every part on their own day of the week. i'm at a pretty stagnant point in my lifting and haven't been able to progress with the poundages in a little over a month now and want to try something new. will hst give me strength or is it mostly mass?

firefighter2032

firefighter2032

Awards
  • Established
It's designed to promote size, but most people report good strength gains.

I'm towards the end of my current HST cycle and my bench is up 20 pounds.

Give it a shot, what do you have to lose.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
DC has been really fun, the times I've used it's methods... and good results as well.

sfearl1

sfearl1

Awards
  • Established
i'm running a test e/dbol cycle in two months. if i make good progress on hst now, would i be able to use that for my cycle or do i need to go back to volume training? i read somewhere that it is different but they never went into any detail on how it would be different. would hst be ideal for an anabolic cycle?

heavyduty

heavyduty

Awards
Just finish WS4B which was great. Going to be starting derek charlebois' triphase training next week and it looks promising.

firefighter2032

firefighter2032

Awards
  • Established
i'm running a test e/dbol cycle in two months. if i make good progress on hst now, would i be able to use that for my cycle or do i need to go back to volume training? i read somewhere that it is different but they never went into any detail on how it would be different. would hst be ideal for an anabolic cycle?
HST has a detailed write up on their site as to how you can use anabolics under their FAQ's section.

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
I use a method of 5x5 with some light Iso on arms once a week

sfearl1

sfearl1

Awards
  • Established
for you hst guys, did you do the strategic deconditioning prior to starting the program? i've read places that say to wait 9-14 days before starting but it does not say this on the actual website so i'm a bit confused. if not, then i'm starting tomorrow.

firefighter2032

firefighter2032

Awards
  • Established
I didn't do it the first time I ran the HST cycle but now I take off 2 weeks between each cycle.

There has been debate as to the necessity to it that I've seen on other boards.

And if you go to the HST website, under the articles section, there is a write up on it.

sfearl1

sfearl1

Awards
  • Established
I didn't do it the first time I ran the HST cycle but now I take off 2 weeks between each cycle.

There has been debate as to the necessity to it that I've seen on other boards.

And if you go to the HST website, under the articles section, there is a write up on it.
so do you feel it to be that effective that you need to take those weeks off or are you just doing it because its recommended but aren't seeing any greater results from doing it??

firefighter2032

firefighter2032

Awards
  • Established
I see/feel the benefit.

It gives your body a chance to rest plus when you start back up, you start with the 15's that are good for the joints.

As much as I enjoy working out, it's nice to take a 2 week break now and then. But I'll admit, during my 2 weeks off I do have a bit of a tendency to let my diet go a bit.

I also like to run during my 2 weeks off. I enjoy running too but with family obligations and work, I can't seem to find the time during my workout cycle to sneak it in (that or I'm just lazy)

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
power building

Power Upper
Power Lower
Off
Back/Chest Hypertrophy
Arms/Shoulder Hypertrophy
Legs Hypertrophy

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
I thought it was 7-10 days off, 14 is the timeframe people claim they actually start seeing drops in strength.
And yea your ment to take time off before starting your 1st cycle.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
You're meant to take time off between all cycles of HST. The effectiveness of the recommended time frame of 9-14 days has been debated up and down. Haycock still stands by that recommendation I think, I vaguely remember a possibility of research to justify it in his coming book. Of course the book has been coming for so long now it makes Peter North seem dry.

Bottom line is whether or not the Strategic Deconditioning resensitizes your muscles to lighter weights or gives you more anabolic potential or however people want to describe it, a one to two week break every 8 -12 weeks of training has its benefits. Not the least of which is making you stop and reassess your goals and approach more frequently than most people.

sfearl1

sfearl1

Awards
  • Established
i decided to give it a week off before starting up to get my goals and priorities straight as well as finalize my hst routine. i haven't had a week off since sometime in january so this won't hurt. i'll still be keeping my diet good and do cardio this week.

sdcmob

Awards
i pretty much do 3x8-10... i haven't stopped seeing results from doing that routien

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
My program isn't based on anything, I made it up myself.

LT*

LT*

Awards
  • Established
Did Vanilla HST for about 5 years with amazing results for bulking/cutting/recomp. Now, I do a hybrid version where I do each rep range once a week while increasing the weight in each rep range each week. So it's M/W/F (15/10/5) with increasing weights over the course of 8 weeks. Volume is kept as constant as I can throughout. The last 2 weeks are always a *****.

sfearl1

sfearl1

Awards
  • Established
Did Vanilla HST for about 5 years with amazing results for bulking/cutting/recomp. Now, I do a hybrid version where I do each rep range once a week while increasing the weight in each rep range each week. So it's M/W/F (15/10/5) with increasing weights over the course of 8 weeks. Volume is kept as constant as I can throughout. The last 2 weeks are always a *****.
how often were you plateauing, if at all, throughout those 5 years? basically, how was your progression, weight wise and strength wise?

badbart

badbart

Awards
  • Established
5x5 for me here. I used to switch between HST and 5x5, but I seem to respond best to heavier weights and HST stretched the heavy lifting out too long and I'd have to drop the volume, so I ended up doing something very similar to 5x5 anyway. So, I just stuck with it in the end. I'm working on and considering doing an odd mix of West Side and Max Stim training.

I feel the same about HST vs 5X5, HST worked much better of me.

Jason Pegg

Jason Pegg

Awards
  • Established
Conjugate Periodization with some DC principles thrown in. i LOVE it!

Jason

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
im on the get laid program,.....personally

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
DC here love it! Never tried HST, maybe i'll look into that.