Three Sets of three reps

1. Registered User
    Answers

Three Sets of three reps

Does anyone know the details or an article of some lifting regimen of three sets of three reps?  Heard it is a good cutting routine.  Thanks for any info.

2. Registered User
    Answers

Never heard of it. To me it sounds like a hell of an opportunity for injury without some good warmups. The weights you would need to use to get a good workout on a 3x3 would probably have to be pretty close to maximal.
  3. Banned
    Answers

Originally posted by wardog
    Never heard of it. To me it sounds like a hell of an opportunity for injury without some good warmups. The weights you would need to use to get a good workout on a 3x3 would probably have to be pretty close to maximal.
    Very True....sounds more like a bulking routine to me Bill, you generally want higher reps for cutting to stimulate different degrees of different type 1, type 2a and type 2b muscle fibers not to mention it becomes sort of a cardio routine which burns calories, mainly from fat since the lifts generally arent explosive enough to require glycolosis.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

Thanks guys.  BTW, did you guys here about our OSU Cowboys trouncing our in-state ***** OU?  It was the best game I've ever witnessed.  Just thought I'd throw that in; may get to go to sunny FL for the Tangerine Bowl.  Beats the Toilet Bowl we frequently see.
  5. Banned
    Answers

Originally posted by deaconbill
    Thanks guys.  BTW, did you guys here about our OSU Cowboys trouncing our in-state ***** OU?  It was the best game I've ever witnessed.  Just thought I'd throw that in; may get to go to sunny FL for the Tangerine Bowl.  Beats the Toilet Bowl we frequently see.
    I saw it! And it was awesome! Did anyone see the Thundering Herd of Marshall and Byron Leftwich romp Ball State's ass!? I was there! ow ow
  6. Registered User
    Answers

i have love for OSU. (only cuz they gave my supersonics desmond mason. he couldnt be more sick......desmase!!!)
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Originally posted by deaconbill
    hey now don't be talking sh1t about my sooners.
    <------------------- origanaly from Norman
  8. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Hey, how 'bout them Georgia Bulldogs whipping everyone's ass and taking names later??

If only we could play those damn Buckeyes, we'd give them what for! You hear me??? Damn the man!
  9. Registered User
    Answers

the only 3x3 program i know of is call the Korte 3x3 and is mainly used for powerlifting/bulking. here is a link if interested:
    http://www.deepsquatter.com/strength/archives/korte.htm
  10. Gold Member
    Answers

what aboiut 5 sets of 5. thats what my brother does.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 64
    Last Post: 05-03-2012, 07:55 AM
  2. gyno wiyhin first three weeks of cycle
    By Murphy2624 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-31-2011, 01:47 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-12-2009, 11:11 AM
  4. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 07:54 AM