Jogging shoes for the treadmill

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.71%

Jogging shoes for the treadmill

I've been jogging on the treadmill about 3 times a week for 30minute sessions, at a pace of between 3-7 miles per hour. I jog in my Airwalks or DVS skateboarding shoes. I've never had a problem with this, but I see alot of other people using actual running/jogging shoes like New Balance and Nike. Will my use of the treadmill eventually cause joint problems if I don't switch to a lightweight jogging shoe?

2. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.41%

Quote Originally Posted by p951 View Post
    I've been jogging on the treadmill about 3 times a week for 30minute sessions, at a pace of between 3-7 miles per hour. I jog in my Airwalks or DVS skateboarding shoes. I've never had a problem with this, but I see alot of other people using actual running/jogging shoes like New Balance and Nike. Will my use of the treadmill eventually cause joint problems if I don't switch to a lightweight jogging shoe?
    nowhere does it say that without running shoes, running WILL cause problems, depends on how you run and really on the person.

but running shoes are specifically designed to help ease pressure off the knees and other joints to prevent any potential damages,

although it isnt essential i recommend getting a good pair of running shoes
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.02%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Get a pair of running shoes; it is not worth the risk of developing any plantar, ankle, or shin problems.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.99%

I like the light weight New Balance myself.
    I think its worth the investment just to be on the safe side, and the added comfort is nice too.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.85%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by p951 View Post
    it really a longentivity issue, you want to last in the long run, then you use proper technique and equipment.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.24%

Go to a running store. They will look at how you run and recommend a certain type depending on if you supinate or pronate excessively. I currently have a pair of Brooks Adrenaline GTS 7 and Glycerin 5. I highly recommend the Brooks brand from what I have tried. Take that with a grain of salt because these have been my first running shoes but I am happy with them.
  7. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by oafyc View Post
    Go to a running store. They will look at how you run and recommend a certain type depending on if you supinate or pronate excessively. I currently have a pair of Brooks Adrenaline GTS 7 and Glycerin 5. I highly recommend the Brooks brand from what I have tried. Take that with a grain of salt because these have been my first running shoes but I am happy with them.
    Yep definetly get a shoe to fit your foot type, it makes a big diffrence.

Similar Forum Threads

1. is jogging bad for the knees?
    By DerickVonD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-03-2013, 10:14 AM
  2. Jogging shoes for the treadmill
    By p951 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-29-2007, 08:24 PM
  3. The best Protien Bar for the buck?
    By bpdaddy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 02-04-2003, 09:22 PM
  4. Does 19Nor and 1, 4 compete for the same enzyme?
    By windwords7 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-21-2002, 09:50 PM
  5. Something for the head shavers
    By Matthew D in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-26-2002, 02:16 PM