Lower Back Issues

1. Registered User
    Answers

Lower Back Issues

So after doing deadlifts I get this annoying little pain in my lumbar region that pops up if I stand still for too long or sit awkwardly. It's annoying. Should I go back to form basics and try to work out what I'm doing wrong, IF I'm doing anything wrong? And what should I do to iron out that nagging ache?

2. Registered User
    Answers

Hmm...I'll try bumping just this once.
  3. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

You can always benefit from going back and getting your form perfected. Once you've got the form down, the exercise in much more productive and safe. As for the pain, it might just be one of those little nagging things that you have to deal with. It's all part of the game. If you want, you could try some USPLabs Supercissus rx and see if the pain is lessesened after a while. I know that I've had little aches and pains and it helped noticebly for some. JMHO.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rpen22 View Post
    You can always benefit from going back and getting your form perfected. Once you've got the form down, the exercise in much more productive and safe. As for the pain, it might just be one of those little nagging things that you have to deal with. It's all part of the game. If you want, you could try some USPLabs Supercissus rx and see if the pain is lessesened after a while. I know that I've had little aches and pains and it helped noticebly for some. JMHO.
    Excellent advice, thanks. Lower back problems run in the family, so I'm trying to be careful here. I think it's time to go back to the drawing board and study form.
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Ive wrenched mine a time or two. For me the only thing that helps is R&R. Ive seen chiropractors had facet injections of cortisone, deep tissue massages,tingers and an array of antiinflamatorys. Form is most likely your issue, Ive never hurt mine working out it has always been moving heavy equipment. Take it easy for a while go light on the back muscle spasms can be debilitating and make your life miserable. I had them so bad two years ago they were thinking of cortorizing a bunch of nerves. Ive been injured all sorts of ways but the back is the worse. So be easy on it its the only one you have. Good luck.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. ucp-1 and lower back pain
    By Bryan in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-31-2003, 04:40 PM
  2. M1t and lower back pain PART 2!!!!!
    By thepizmo in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-21-2003, 08:07 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-02-2003, 07:51 AM
  4. Lower Back
    By Trapark666 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-19-2003, 01:17 AM
  5. What does it mean if, when doing squats, your lower back hurts?
    By JohnGafnea in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-09-2003, 12:52 AM