Does the "Don't train obliques with weights else you'll get wide." rule apply to abs?
- 04-11-2003, 03:02 PM
- 04-11-2003, 04:34 PM
that depends on alot of factors. for example, i have a narrow bone structure and do not use anabolics, so its hard to really widen my waist using heavy weight (it just won't grow that much). however if you are a bodybuilder who already has a wide waist naturally and use anabolics, you may want to go easy on how much weight you use, especially when on
- 04-12-2003, 03:27 PM
Whoa whoa is this true? Lol, cause I hit the obliques all the time with weights.
Recently started about 2 months ago but, is it a given for people not to train them with weights?
04-12-2003, 04:48 PM
most people don't have nearly enough muscle in this area to worry about it... weighted crunches etc are fine IMO, it takes a pretty long time to really build up noticable oblique size, and/or "thicken" your waist.
04-12-2003, 06:32 PM
I agree with Biggin, i would worry too much about that.
04-12-2003, 07:00 PM
Agreed, train them like any other muscle.
Similar Forum Threads
- By TheNinja in forum NutraplanetReplies: 2Last Post: 01-29-2014, 05:43 PM
- By Jayhawkk in forum General ChatReplies: 12Last Post: 06-01-2010, 10:44 AM
- By bishop17 in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 1Last Post: 07-09-2007, 11:28 AM
- By anabolicrhino in forum General ChatReplies: 1Last Post: 03-30-2007, 07:18 PM
- By Nuteboy in forum IGF-1/GHReplies: 10Last Post: 08-16-2004, 10:55 AM