Hows this for a 5 day...

Mon -Arms
Tue -Quads/abs
Wed -Off
Thu- -Chest/calves
Fri- Back(includes traps)/hams
Sat- delts/abs/calves
Sun- Off

I know that I hit tri's 3 times this workout, but when I train delts I only do 3 compound sets (usually military press). Thanks in advance.

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I like it. It's very similar to what I do. Only difference with mine is that I hit biceps twice because my triceps have gotten way ahead of them. I absolutely like the idea of your calves twice also.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm interested to see how you do with dividinf your leg WOs into 2 sessions (hams/quads)...

I've always stuck with just crushing my entire lower body every time I hit legs. If you try this I'd be interested to see how you like it. :thumbsup:

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Overall I think it looks pretty good...Friday could be torture tho. How much volume and rep ranges are you typically doing?

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Actually it is similar to what I do except I keep the legs in one package. But doing back with hams is good if you do deadlift, upper back, then some leg curls and that might be good. Maybe some stiff-legged? Personally, I'd do something like

WEEK1 (friday)
Deadlift 4 x 5
Behind-neck chin-up 3
Cable rowing 3 x 10
Body rowing 3 x 15 (kinda like inverted pushups with a bar on the squat rack)
Leg curl 4 x 15

WEEK2 (friday)
Wide-grip Chin-up 3 x 10
T-bar rowing 3 x 10
Dumbell rowing 3 x 10
Dumbell shrug 2 x 10
Hyperextension 2 x 8
Stiff-legged deadlift 4 x 10

17 sets can take as little as 51 minutes with 120-150 second breaks. Don't you think those are 2 good little workouts? Also I like to keep the reps low for the spinal erectors, because you want them STRONG but never EXHAUSTED.

Actually, I'll try this starting next week, I'll have a new program with my first cycle ever. :D

davisville64

Awards
Overall I think it looks pretty good...Friday could be torture tho. How much volume and rep ranges are you typically doing?
I friday today... b/c its friday....

Anyway, here's what I did

T-Bar rows 4
pull downs 4
DB rows 3
Pull overs 3
Lying leg curls 4
Seated leg curls 3

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I friday today... b/c its friday....

Anyway, here's what I did

T-Bar rows 4
pull downs 4
DB rows 3
Pull overs 3
Lying leg curls 4
Seated leg curls 3
Does that include warm up sets or are those just your working sets? Personally I would drop a back exercise and replace a leg curl exercise with SLDL's, hyperextensions or good mornings.

davisville64

Awards
Does that include warm up sets or are those just your working sets? Personally I would drop a back exercise and replace a leg curl exercise with SLDL's, hyperextensions or good mornings.
Didnt include warm ups

Hows this...

Deads 4
T-bar rows 4
Pull downs 4
DB rows 3
SLDL 4
Lying leg curls 3

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't pair SLDL's and Deads together.

I would go ahead with something like:

Deads
T-bar rows or DB rows
Pulldowns
Hyperextensions
Lying leg curls

or

T-bar rows
Pulldowns
DB rows
SLDL
Lying leg curls

davisville64

Awards
I have trouble with my flexabuility and getting in good position for deads off the floor. Would it be ok if I did them off a power rack instead, on the lowest setting?

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It's definitely not the same thing. But yeah, do them that way, and STRETCH. In a couple weeks, try again from the floor.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I have trouble with my flexabuility and getting in good position for deads off the floor. Would it be ok if I did them off a power rack instead, on the lowest setting?
Rack deads are great. Easier on the lower back and isolates your back much better than deads off of the floor.

davisville64

Awards
Rack deads are great. Easier on the lower back and isolates your back much better than deads off of the floor.
My gym doenst have an actual power rack. Would it be the same if I did it on an angled Smith Machine?

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nope, not at all. Stretch well for a few weeks, do heavy hyperextensions, and then try again from the floor. Wear full pants if you feel you need skin on your shins. :D

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Try sumo deadlifts then. You start with your hands inside of your legs. Feels much more natural to me then traditional deads. Easier on my lower back as well.