Help Equalizing Arm Size.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,
I took some measurements the other day, and realized that one arm is now almost a half inch larger than the other. Looking in the mirror, my right bicep looks larger (when comparing to the deltoid height). But, I've honestly forgotten which arm was larger, I think my left is the bigger of the 2.

This made sense to me as I'm more left-hand dominant (I throw and shoot lefty). But, I've noticed that I get fatigued quicker with my left arm when isolating.

For instance, tonight I did biceps. I was able to finish the number of reps easily with my right arm, but barely with my left (I could not have done any more with it).

I am still doing Bobo's program - time under tension.

So, any ideas?
I am thinking of trying to make all my arm exercises into dumbells so that I can do, say, half the reps on the bigger arm. (So, for skullcrushers, I'd switch to dumbells instead of the EZ curl bar.)

My goal is to take the smaller one up to the bigger one's size, not to lose a half inch on the bigger and gain a half on the smaller. (Which, I bet I could do...)

Thanks for any help. I will try to put a pic up this weekend of both arms so you guys can ascertain.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
That's a tough one - my right arm has always been a bit bigger/fuller than my left. You dont want to stop training your right arm, but maybe just try training it for maitenence and focus on your left arm.

Some things to try:

-When doing a barbell curl, focus on brining the majority of the weight up with your smaller arm.

-Only give your bigger arm one set for each exercise - give your smaller arm the full 3-4 sets.

-work the smaller arm 2x per week, and the larger arm only once per week

I think if you tried the above you would see a difference after a couple of months.

BV

davisville64

Awards
When doing iso movements (DB curls, etc.) do your smaller arm first, and only do the reps with the larger arm that you got with the smaller. Worked pretty good for me.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Thanks alot guys. Will give the ideas a shot.

If it doesn't work, I'm going to Synthol.

Just kidding.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
When doing iso movements (DB curls, etc.) do your smaller arm first, and only do the reps with the larger arm that you got with the smaller. Worked pretty good for me.
This worked for me for the upper arm, but for the lower I think i just need to do extra excercises for the left arm...