Best way for a girl to loose weight? - AnabolicMinds.com

Best way for a girl to loose weight?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member

Talking Best way for a girl to loose weight?

What's the best way for a girl to loose weight?

I currently ordered sesathin and HEAT, and now I'm trying to figure out how to enhance the results with a better diet and workout regimen.

Please help me out....

I'm looking to loose 10-15 lbs.

2. Professional Member

Very broad question here. Stats? More info is needed but no doubt diet will be the answer.
  3. the triumph of the grill

Diet and cardio, same as everyone else

-kwantam
    •   

4. New Member

5'5 and 128...i do both...but i need to STEP IT UP...i need better results...

any specifics?

Quote Originally Posted by kwantam
    Diet and cardio, same as everyone else

-kwantam
  5. dsl
    officially an adult

i'm guessing that u have stalled out, right? you are probably not eating enough and your body thinks it's starving so it's holding onto all of the fat that you want to lose. So eat more and cleaner.
  6. Senior Member

is this who I think it is?
  7. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by liftin mama
    5'5 and 128...i do both...but i need to STEP IT UP...i need better results...

any specifics?
    How can anyone give you specifics from the info you've provided?
  8. Pityin' fools since '81

keep a reasonable macronutrient split, maintain a caloric defecit of at least 500kcal/day, moderate intensity cardio for extended periods of time OR high intensity interval training.

really, give more info. it's like cooking from a recipe that doesn't give ingredients...
  9. Senior Member

this is my gf, so back off dudes. She pretty much does a reduced bbers diet. About 6 small meals a day. She eats almost totally clean. She does a conventional 4 day split with 20mins of cardio afterward. Can you guys please reaffirm that she needs to eat more, I keep telling her to but she won't listen. She keeps thinking less cal mean less weight. She needs help composing a specific diet for herself. Basically she eats clean, but probably doesnt eat the right food in the right combination at the right time. She is one of those people that naturally holds a little exta weight and it really hard for her to loose. She is not one of those overweight girls from eating like **** and drinking. I told her to up the cardio to 40mins. I am also telling her to eat only the lowest gi carbs. Basically to reduce her intake of 100% wheat bread or wheat pasta, which makes up most of her carbs.
  10. Banned

Calculate her BMR and have her go on a Zig Zag.

Or you could always put together an EC for her
  11. New Member

Hehe don't you know undertaker? Since you are the boyfriend you don't know ****.

I have the same problem with my wife. It doesn't matter that I have designed programs for people, or that I am one of the stronger people in the gym, she simply will not listen to me when it comes to diets/exercise.

I think someone called it "proximity ignorance", meaning that since the person is close to you they assume that you don't know what you are talking about.

It was not until I finally mentioned that an ex-girlfriend of mine used the nearly the exact program that I had her doing and she has been winning lightweight bodybuilding competitions that my wife has actually believed that I know what I am talking about. And even then she doesn't "completely" believe it.

.....mmmmm I'm ranting now. Best piece of advice. LISTEN TO YOUR BOYFRIEND.
  12. SJA
    dead sexy wino

Quote Originally Posted by PastorofMuppets

It was not until I finally mentioned that an ex-girlfriend of mine used the nearly the exact program that I had her doing and she has been winning lightweight bodybuilding competitions that my wife has actually believed that I know what I am talking about. And even then she doesn't "completely" believe it.
    Saying something nice about your ex (especially how fit she was) would get you shot (or worse) in most cases
  13. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJA
    Saying something nice about your ex (especially how fit she was) would get you shot (or worse) in most cases

Yeah I know, I had held that info back for quite some time and I finally let it loose when she kept ignoring everything i would tell her.

Seems to have worked though.
  14. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by noctorum
    Calculate her BMR and have her go on a Zig Zag.

Or you could always put together an EC for her
    Be it as I am a straight bulker type of kid, I have no idea what the hell this means. How do I calculate her BMR? Zig Zag? EC?. I cant really help her cuz I don't really know anything about cutting/losing weight.
  15. New Member

BMR = basal metabolic rate
    EC = Ephedra/Caffeine stack

they have plenty of online BMR calculators that will tell you the amount of calories you need to eat to lose/gain/maintain your weight, assuming they are clena calories.

hope that helps

regards,
    COTC
  16. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERTAKER
    this is my gf, so back off dudes. She pretty much does a reduced bbers diet. About 6 small meals a day. She eats almost totally clean. She does a conventional 4 day split with 20mins of cardio afterward. Can you guys please reaffirm that she needs to eat more, I keep telling her to but she won't listen. She keeps thinking less cal mean less weight. She needs help composing a specific diet for herself. Basically she eats clean, but probably doesnt eat the right food in the right combination at the right time. She is one of those people that naturally holds a little exta weight and it really hard for her to loose. She is not one of those overweight girls from eating like **** and drinking. I told her to up the cardio to 40mins. I am also telling her to eat only the lowest gi carbs. Basically to reduce her intake of 100% wheat bread or wheat pasta, which makes up most of her carbs.
    Women always stall out by not eating enough, or doing too much damned cardio (usually both). If you're 12-14% and trying to go leaner "supplements" are usually extremely helpful if not absolutely neccesary. Clen/T3 will do the trick, but don't do that
  17. Senior Member

Be it as I am a straight bulker type of kid, I have no idea what the hell this means. How do I calculate her BMR? Zig Zag? EC?. I cant really help her cuz I don't really know anything about cutting/losing weight.
    Zig zag diets alternate going above maintenance and below it, but they go below more than they go up. Sometimes if someone is REALLY prone to stalling out when trying to lose weight they can be helpful.

EC is Ephedrine/Caffiene, which is also VERY helpful for most people in losing weight, esp. when you start to get very lean.
  18. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by exnihilo
    Zig zag diets alternate going above maintenance and below it, but they go below more than they go up. Sometimes if someone is REALLY prone to stalling out when trying to lose weight they can be helpful.
    Close, your supposed to Zig Zag your BMR by 500 calories.

So if your BMR was 2000, you would eat 1500 calories for 5 days, then 2500 for 2 days.

That way, you can maintain a large calorie deficit, but without the problem of your BMR lowering and stalling out.
  19. Senior Member

uhhh.... Is that not what I said? And you would want to eat more than 1500/2500... You don't eat below your BMR (this ****s you up, and is bad), you eat below your daily maintenance calories (BMR + calories used for activity). If you are eating 500 cals below your BMR your daily energy balance is probably somewhere around -1500 to -2000 calories depending on how large and active you are. This is gonna lead to muscle loss and then a harsh stall out unless you're really fat... I would shoot for no more than 1000 calories below your estimated maintenance calories, and I wouldn't start at 1000 below, probably 500.

In reality if you diet right zig zagging isn't going to do anything for you unless you're very lean perhaps. And on a proper diet you're "zigzagging" anyhow, since you are gonna get more protein and carbs on workout days.
  20. Senior Member

what about that keto diet ****, what is that?
  21. Senior Member

I think the biggest benefit most people get from keto diets is they stop eating refined sugars.
  22. Senior Member

is there any other diet programs other then this zig zag? What about putting meals together for her specific to her goals?
  23. Senior Member

You're confused bro. How she's eating now is probably fine, just have her eat more, and more protein specifically. Cardio every day (low intensity only) for an hour or so will probably cinch it in perfectly. Ephedrine/caffiene will help too.
  24. Senior Member

that is pretty much what I told her to do ex. She is eating more now, and more protein. She eats 6 small meals a day. And she is doing 40min of low intensity cardio, 4-5 days a week. She hates ephedra.
  25. Senior Member

that is pretty much what I told her to do ex. She is eating more now, and more protein. She eats 6 small meals a day. And she is doing 40min of low intensity cardio, 4-5 days a week. She hates ephedra.
    If she's not seeing results (besides ephedrine) more cardio man. More cardio...

I've heard some horror stories of some female fitness competitors needing to do several hours of cardio a day to break 10% (often times combined with clenbuterol)
  26. Board Sponsor

this is my gf, so back off dudes. I keep telling her to but she won't listen. She keeps thinking less cal mean less weight. Basically she eats clean, but probably doesnt eat the right food in the right combination at the right time.
    Very common situation I've had with girlfriends..
  27. Board Sponsor

Is it just me - Every time I read that post heading.....the best way for a girl to lose weight?

My answer is always the same -

BREAK UP WITH YOUR BOYFRIEND.....That should drop about 175 lbs.

Laura
  28. Senior Member

Heh, if Undertaker wasn't an ok guy I'd have some choice suggestions for cardio
  29. New Member

haha...i like that advice. i've been doing pretty well...with my new stack (sesathin and heat) and eating more.....and low intensity cardio i've been feeling a lot better. i've lost .1 of a lb. since saturday...it's not that much at all, but i'm excited.

thanks guys.....and i'm finally listening to the boyfriend

Quote Originally Posted by exnihilo
    Heh, if Undertaker wasn't an ok guy I'd have some choice suggestions for cardio
  30. Registered User

You really need to see where you are with your diet. Calculate your BMR and TDEE using these formulas. If you know her bodyfat the Katch-McArdie formula is the way to go, if not the Harris-Benedict formula gives very close answers in my case. You can find some info and the formulas here:

http://gaining-mass.com/modules/wfse...p?articleid=62

Then calculate her caloric intake using something like fit day. I use and really like champion nutrion. It was posted on here but if you can't find it I will put it up.

Then you can make adjustments...and as those guys were saying, -500cals off of your TDEE for fat loss (really up to 500 off, anywhere sub TDEE will provide fat loss)
  31. New Member

Cool

update....

i've been eating good quality foods with lots of protein and low gi carbs every 2.5-3 hours. Also, I've increased my cardio, which I do 5 times a week (with lifting). It's been exactly 1 week and 3 days since I've started this with my Heat/Sesathin stack and I've lost 2 lbs.

Does that sound like a good amount of weight for what I'm doing????
  32. Board Supporter

Can I suggest one thing?

GET OFF THE DAMN SCALE!!!!

Do not look at the scale. Once a week, max!!!!

Start judding your results by your appearance in front of a mirror, naked.

A mirror won't lie to you. A scale can and often does.
  33. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

2lbs in a week is good for any female.

Weight loss takes time no matter what drug or supplement you use. Get used to that fact.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  34. Senior Member

update....

i've been eating good quality foods with lots of protein and low gi carbs every 2.5-3 hours. Also, I've increased my cardio, which I do 5 times a week (with lifting). It's been exactly 1 week and 3 days since I've started this with my Heat/Sesathin stack and I've lost 2 lbs.

Does that sound like a good amount of weight for what I'm doing????
    It sounds very good, if it's all fat
  35. New Member

yea....i know. i have to admit that i'm addicted to the damn scale. i can't see changes on myself....ever. it's too hard when you don't have to loose THAT much weight.

Quote Originally Posted by houseman
    Can I suggest one thing?

GET OFF THE DAMN SCALE!!!!

Do not look at the scale. Once a week, max!!!!

Start judding your results by your appearance in front of a mirror, naked.

A mirror won't lie to you. A scale can and often does.
  36. Board Supporter

yea....i know. i have to admit that i'm addicted to the damn scale. i can't see changes on myself....ever. it's too hard when you don't have to loose THAT much weight.
    That should be the easiest time to see the changes.

Dropping 2% bodyfat when you're like 20% won't be that noticeable in the mirror. Seeing yourself go from 10% to 8% will be.
  37. New Member

yes....you're right

Quote Originally Posted by houseman
    That should be the easiest time to see the changes.

Dropping 2% bodyfat when you're like 20% won't be that noticeable in the mirror. Seeing yourself go from 10% to 8% will be.
  38. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'4"  208 lbs.

"proximity ignorance" nice terminology!
  39. Board Supporter

If you are looking for some good material on this I would recommend Tom Venuto's 'Burn The Fat Feed The Muscle' (BFFM) e-book. He does a great job of explaining these topics and more in depth.
  40. Senior Member

qualitatively, she is looking a little thinner. I would guess she is around 14-16% bf. Its hard to tell with her cuz she has gained a good deal of muscle in the last six months. Her main problem is that the fat she does have is not evenly dispersed. It is focused mostly under her butt. I cant wait til she reads this one.

Similar Forum Threads

1. What are the best way for weight loss ?
    By Jeniffer in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-02-2013, 10:35 AM
  2. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 04-22-2012, 11:58 PM
  3. The best diet for a natural to cut with
    By nick500 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-06-2011, 09:59 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-21-2009, 11:56 AM
  5. i need a good diet workout to loose weight