Treating muscle soreness

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
What ways do you guys suggest for dealing with muscle soreness (doms)?
Especially when you are sore all over like i am now lol.
I've taken magnesium and booked a massage. am i doing it right?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Biggest things are diet and form during lifts.

DOMS most people can kill with BCAAs, things like LCLT, creatine, etc.

Active recovery can be great, light use of the sore muscle groups. Not a fan of static stretching personally.

Massages are good, depends on the type if you will get relief longer than just the session

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
Thanks Driven2lift; I do mobility stuff like the LImber 11 before my w/o now otherwise dynamic stuff like box jumps. I have a rumble roller at home but i can't use it now, it is too painful haha.
so BCAA would def help? because if it does i am going to get some.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Thanks Driven2lift; I do mobility stuff like the LImber 11 before my w/o now otherwise dynamic stuff like box jumps. I have a rumble roller at home but i can't use it now, it is too painful haha. so BCAA would def help? because if it does i am going to get some.
One of the biggest selling features of BCAAs
A lot here like them for this.

You will get more votes from others soon hopefully

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks Driven2lift; I do mobility stuff like the LImber 11 before my w/o now otherwise dynamic stuff like box jumps. I have a rumble roller at home but i can't use it now, it is too painful haha.
so BCAA would def help? because if it does i am going to get some.
Pretty much time is all that is gonna help once you have DOMS. Ultilising stuff such as Citrulline, LCLT, HICA, HMB periworkout may reduce the potential for DOMS but end of the day the biggest thing will be adaptations over the longer term..

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ergonine + amino-x = bye bye DOMS ;)

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
PES Amino IV plus Ergonine will help. DOMS is just something we all live with in this lifestyle. Time to heal and massage/rolling will help.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Rest, light stretching, foam rolling, and even active recovery i.e. light walking.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Ergonine + amino-x = bye bye DOMS ;)
PES Amino IV plus Ergonine will help. DOMS is just something we all live with in this lifestyle. Time to heal and massage/rolling will help.
They nailed it too, most of the 9 included ingredients assist in recovery on top of our performance, muscle gain, fat loss benefits

DonnieM

DonnieM

Awards
  • Established
2 gram of fresh ginger per day reduce soreness with up to 25%. Science :)

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
You workout long enough then the soreness decreases. I have to really pound myself to get sore but I only feel it on chest and leg day now. For me it's the cal intake. The more I eat the faster i recover from doms

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
What ways do you guys suggest for dealing with muscle soreness (doms)?
Especially when you are sore all over like i am now lol.
I've taken magnesium and booked a massage. am i doing it right?
Have you tried L-glutamate?

HollowSoul87

Awards
If you're sore then you killed it. Be glad but it sucks. Glutamine, bcaa, FOOD, get one of those massage stick things and roll it. Everyone is a little different so find what works for you.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Magnesium oil, TENS, active recovery techniques (ie: Aerodyne bike), mobility tools like rollers, lacrosse balls, etc

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Was HMB mentioned yet?

HMB (β-Hydroxy β-Methylbutyrate) is a metabolite of Leucine that can (possibly) prevent the breakdown of muscle. More of a "preventative" measure vs "treatment" after the fact but hey.

A dose range of 1-3g daily seems to be pretty effective, split 3 times daily and one dose pre-workout (30-45min).

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Was HMB mentioned yet?

HMB (β-Hydroxy β-Methylbutyrate) is a metabolite of Leucine that can (possibly) prevent the breakdown of muscle. More of a "preventative" measure vs "treatment" after the fact but hey.

A dose range of 1-3g daily seems to be pretty effective, split 3 times daily and one dose pre-workout (30-45min).

no but great idea ive only heard great things about how if taken right it can almost eliminate DOMS

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I find that really strong TENS stimulation is MUCH better than any massage. I use 2-3x 30min pulse setting while watching a movie or working on my laptop/computer. Really really helps, especially if I've pushed things too far. Most people use TENS for rehab, but it's really good for overall recovery.

edit: I see I've already replied to this thread lol... I guess a bit of reinforcement doesn't hurt