Need Help!!!

AdrianXavier5

AdrianXavier5

Awards
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and would like some information from more experienced weight lifters. Once I start a new workout, I find myself sore for the next 2 days. Then after training that same workout, my body doesn't seem to be sore. Instead my muscles in that desired area are more tired the next day. So I have buddy's who tell me that if I'm not sore after a workout, then I didn't really train my body hard enough. I have other friends who say that you don't necessarily have to be sore after a workout because your body is already used to the intensity of the workout. That I believe because our bodies are machines that can adapt to almost anything. I'm stuck in the middle of these two theories. Which is true? Do you have a different input? I'd appreciate the extra knowledge.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I get sore with new routines. I hate when people say that if you're not sore, you're not training as hard. Not everyone gets super sore and I'm one of those people. I can do a heavy a** leg day and not feel anything the next day.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have been training for over 30 years and I love to be sore, but it does not happen often enough, I still get a great workout.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Everyone is different on this. Some people never get sore, some do every week. I usually get sore when i first switch into a new routine, but that's about it. Doesn't mean you're not hitting it hard enough.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Everyone is different on this. Some people never get sore, some do every week. I usually get sore when i first switch into a new routine, but that's about it. Doesn't mean you're not hitting it hard enough.
Agreed

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Some good words already stated. I'm always sore. I recently started using BCAA's and this has helped me to not be as sore and for as long. Everyone is different. I write my workout down and take measurements so I can see progress whether I'm sore or not. Don't worry about the soreness. You sound like your heading in the right direction just by asking questions. This is the place to get the advice you need. The people here are knowledgeable, friendly and eager to help. Good luck to you!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
DOMS isn't a specific indicator of a "good workout" but rather a muscle's recent exposure to unfamiliar or more intense training.

AdrianXavier5

AdrianXavier5

Awards
Thanks everyone for y'all's input, they are much appreciated and have given me a better perspective on this. I guess I'm one of those guys who hardly ever gets sore.