Fitness / health certifications

SinghDaKillaa

SinghDaKillaa

Awards
Hey guys

Im currently pursuing a bachelors in education. My major is kinesiology and concentration is exercise and sports science. I want to go to grad school for Physical Therapy.

I love fitness but grad schools want to see how many pieces of paper i have. lol I was wondering what kind of health\fitness certifications i could get to make my resume look better. The simpliest example being first aid certification.

I would really appreciate a couple suggestions.

Thank you!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys

Im currently pursuing a bachelors in education. My major is kinesiology and concentration is exercise and sports science. I want to go to grad school for Physical Therapy.

I love fitness but grad schools want to see how many pieces of paper i have. lol I was wondering what kind of health\fitness certifications i could get to make my resume look better. The simpliest example being first aid certification.

I would really appreciate a couple suggestions.

Thank you!
Check the requirements but Im pretty sure your current curriculum setup for education would leave you lacking a class or a few for Grad school admission. Pretty easy remedy to take those classes during your summers but its not something you want creeping up on you. Even with the concentrations you need to be positive as it will only cost you time and money which isn't given enough Importance when going to and through school. Im there now trust me lol.

Being First Aid certified wont be a requirement for you to get in, but many job sites require and like seeing it. A recommendation from an individual who owns there own clinic goes a long ways as well. Sounds crazy but if your able to work under a Dr. and get a recommendation from him for his Alma Mater even a school he may have lectured at thats a huge step in the right direction. Screw what you know...SERIOUSLY! Its WHO and use it to your advantage!

To be honest once in the program you wont have that great much free time to stay current with your other certifications. You could do personal training on the side but doubt a CSCS or USAW cert would help as most school teams would meet while you were in lecture or clinical. Best of luck to ya and def. keep at it!

Any other ?s ya may have pm or post away. Hopefully others will chime in as well as I def. dont know it all lol