Can't Straighten Arms

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anyone experiencing this inability to straighten their arms all the way? This has been getting worse over the last few years for me. It affects my deadlifts, rows and shrugs (any lifts that end in arms straight down) in that I feel "stretching" pain in the biceps and upper forearm muscles.

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is right up your alley, but I actually experienced it quite a bit when I was doing a lot of pullups and chin ups. I started to need to stretch and make a point of going to a complete hang to give the bis a stretch. Take it slow because it is easy to pull and hurt a bicep.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If ya can try heating one arm at a time and letting a weight dangle tied on at the wrist (4lbs or so). Should add a gentle stretch the heat will hopefully relax the muscles, and follow up with some stretching of your extensors and flexors. Hopefully it helps a bit

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Resurrecting this thread because the left arm has even less mobility or ability to straighten. Anyone use the Armaid?

http://www.armaid.com/

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Look up tourniquet tempering by Donnie Thompson. He has an example using Chris Duffin as the subject. And his YouTube video "Elbow Love". Try to replicate those with whatever you have to work with, it works amazing the way he does it.