Tennis elbow

Willie_h

Awards
Hey can any of you guys give me some solid advice on how heal tennis elbow? Well i think its tennis elbow. I've been iceing my arm for a few hours after work and have stopped lifting for 4 days now but really want to get back at it. Every time im doing my chest and tricep workout my elbow hurts like hell especially when doing tricep extensions or skull busters, its got to the point that when working triceps i've had to call it a day and stop working out all together. I'm hoping that one of you guys can point to to a web site or provide me with some info that will show me exactly how i can do some exercises to help me fix this problem

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Every time im doing my chest and tricep workout my elbow hurts like hell especially when doing tricep extensions or skull busters, its got to the point that when working triceps i've had to call it a day and stop working out all together. I'm hoping that one of you guys can point to to a web site or provide me with some info that will show me exactly how i can do some exercises to help me fix this problem
A few things you can try...

Do all the trigger points (Google Bonnie Prudden) in the lower and upper arms then the arms and wrist stretches.
When doing the tri work keep your palms curled up towards the inside of the wrist and do not let the wrist hyper extend back wards
Tricep bars, with the 2 handles made vertical instead of a curl or straight bar can help. It keeps the forearms and thus hands straighter in line instead of being twisted for the grip putting stress on the elbow tendons etc.
Doing pressdwns for a bit instead of extensions
Lower the bar out over the top of the head (for a longer arc) instead of to the forehead (like a reg skull crusher)
Switch off the ice and heat 10 mins on and off
Work areas for the moment that are unaffected then go back and slowly add in your pressing work as the pain subsides.

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Awards
Strengthen supinator teres by doing external rotations of the wrist with added resistance.

Work triggerpoints as suggested above.

If the pain comes after tricep work, I think you mean golfer's elbow? Stretch forearm flexors and triceps (gotta massage the medial and lateral head)

Less weight/volume on tricep extensions.

Willie_h

Awards
Hey guys thanks for the info i've took it all on board. Looked up a few videos on youtube and it has helped with trigger points and massaging the tendons etc. well thats one week off from all lifting and my elbow is feeling a lot better thanks to your info. I'll try to stay away from skull crushers etc for now and focus on dips with no extra weight at the gym after work to see how i go. Thanks guys

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Awards
Happy to hear it, but don't forget to strengthen the supinator muscle! GL

warrior737

Awards
Hey guys thanks for the info i've took it all on board. Looked up a few videos on youtube and it has helped with trigger points and massaging the tendons etc. well thats one week off from all lifting and my elbow is feeling a lot better thanks to your info. I'll try to stay away from skull crushers etc for now and focus on dips with no extra weight at the gym after work to see how i go. Thanks guys
I have killer tennis elbow. Every so often I need to triple down on fish oil and msm powder. I usually have to lay off pulling motions and 75% range of motion on stuff for 6-8 weeks. Those exercise's only aggravated my tendon by over stretching it and not letting it heal. It take those videos with a grain of salt.

bioboy88

Awards
I think you should take this question seriously. And i don't want to hurt the feelings of someone on this forum, but it's always better to consult several experts before doing something not to hurt your body in some way. Internet can be your best friend unless your health is at stake.

usealittle

usealittle

Awards
  • Established
Look into tb500, used it for same issue and have not had any issues for years. Give it a look into

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 36
Injury / Rehab 5
bmoore Injury / Rehab 1
Injury / Rehab 8
Training Forum 3