execise induced asthma! who knows about it or has it!

dogo

dogo

Awards
I have always had problems running! Bike, elliptical, no problem! Running outside or tread can't breath! Now I did some research and I will be going to the dr. Soon but I am being told I might have exercise induced asthma. Just wondering if any body has it or has heard of it?

militarymatt

Awards
I have exercise induced asthma , controlled by asthma meds but slowly getting myself off the meds by slowly increasing my lung capacity by increasing my runs and intensity little by little every week .

dogo

dogo

Awards
You know yesturday I ran on the tread but I took l- Argentine and low and hold I had no problems breathing! So what asthma meds do you take?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Maybe you're just out of shape or not accustomed to the modality of exercise?

dogo

dogo

Awards
No dr. Wants to conduct a stress test first n but it's a condition since I was a child and I played football for all of high school. Same result, running can't catch my breath. Buti go to the dr. Again this Monday. To be honest I'm quite worried.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
No dr. Wants to conduct a stress test first n but it's a condition since I was a child and I played football for all of high school. Same result, running can't catch my breath. Buti go to the dr. Again this Monday. To be honest I'm quite worried.
How high are you able to get your HR (comfortably) on the other forms of cardio?

dogo

dogo

Awards
I think that's right but tomorrow which is Monday ill check for sure.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
At that high of a HR, it's likely not EIA. There's very little carryover to running from either the elliptical or any bike. The breathing and shock are different. Whenever you're not accustomed to a specific modality of exercise, it'll be difficult. Think of it this way: no matter how great of a runner you are, the first few times you swim for exercise, it's going to be hard.

dogo

dogo

Awards
Ill check tomarrow and see what the doc says. I just can't figure out why I can run.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Some people just can't run very well for extended periods of time for whatever reason.

dogo

dogo

Awards
Well went to the doc, he didn't say I had eia, but he gave me aburteral pump, amazing I was able to run! Woooohooooo