Squat+Deadlift form check
- 06-09-2014, 11:35 AM
- 06-13-2014, 09:35 PM
- 5'7" 165 lbs.
- Join Date
- Jun 2012
- Rep Power
- Lv. Percent
Looked decent man!! Few knit-picky things to note.
Squat: find your foot positioning better. Your left foot was searching a bit. You seemed a lil un-easy during your set up overall.
Also, the "hip break" is very good. BUT.... Don't use that as a reason to lean quite so far forward. Try to keep a slightly more vertical chest (not bad, like I said, minor tweaks!)
Deads: keep that butt down! It shoots up every rep. Also, keep your head neutral. That is a mistake I make all the time and have to remind myself. Don't crank up so hard, just because u look up, doesn't make the bar go up.
Overall looked good though man, nice lifts
- 07-29-2014, 10:53 PM
Squats: Maybe try flexing your core more and keeping your head pointing up so that you are more stable. You seem to wobble a little on the way up.
Deads: Looks good! I can see you are dropping the weight quickly after you reach the top of the lift and I think your grip strength is probably holding you back. Have you considering using straps so that you can put more weight on and work your back?
Similar Forum Threads
- By JesseSands in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 9Last Post: 05-09-2014, 04:37 PM
- By deadliftz in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 6Last Post: 10-11-2013, 11:40 AM
- By CaptnCaveman in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 20Last Post: 08-04-2013, 04:07 PM
- By Bcuzimbatman in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 10Last Post: 04-01-2013, 08:54 AM
- By DerickVonD in forum Training ForumReplies: 17Last Post: 10-24-2012, 04:38 PM