High rep DTP workout Kris Gethin

akanorthstar

Awards
Been doing Kris Gethins DTP workout for a month now
Had a Couple questions on the high reps he is using
Is a 40/30/20/10/5 superset over training? Anyone continue this routine longer?

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Not over training as long as diet is in check and you have a good supplement regimen. Kris Gethin is on steroids but this program is fine for a natural. Take extra rest as needed

Clipper83

Clipper83

Awards
  • Established
Def. not overtraining, but I'm not a big fan of this program. I used it after I got injured and although some of the workouts are fun, I realized that a program without squats and deadlifts is not a program for me.

I do however throw in the DTP arm workout here and there for the fun of it. Out of every workout I've recommended to my friends, DTP arms is high on my list.

akanorthstar

Awards
Def. not overtraining, but I'm not a big fan of this program. I used it after I got injured and although some of the workouts are fun, I realized that a program without squats and deadlifts is not a program for me.

I do however throw in the DTP arm workout here and there for the fun of it. Out of every workout I've recommended to my friends, DTP arms is high on my list.
Clipper83 yes indeed I think the repetitive workouts got to me and made the experience decline. Its true the leg workout is defiently lacking the squats, I switched the leg workouts to best suit my need tho.

But I do love the DTP arm workouts. If you liked the DTP arms check out the MusclePharm German volume arms:
Superset : Barbell Curl 10 rep/ skull Crusher 10 rep (10 sets)
Superset: Preacher curl 10/ straight bar push downs (10 sets)
Superset: rope pushdowns 10/ alternative dumbbell curls (10 sets)

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It becomes too much when you stop recovering and stop advancing. Still, igt may be more under recovering than overtraining.
Personally, I used to do high rep squatting and deadlifting. That stuff can put muscle in your turds.
Doing too much can be relative to each trainee.
Stints of high reps IMO can be plateau makers or breakers. They can beef up your work ethic and you can find a few things about how far you can push yourself towards being uncomfortable.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
For those who don't like leg presses his "body by design" program uses dtp for the last 3 weeks and has a squat/db shoulder press superset. Just sub in squats if you miss them