AC joint

jspain

Awards
Does anybody have any advice on AC joint injuries. After hitting chest last week I noticed an aching feeling in my right AC joint. The joint is a little bigger than my left now. I've been going really light on shoulders and chest with no overhead presses or incline.

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
Ice. Ice some more. Sounds like you may have just irritated it or may have a very minor sprain. Lay off chest and shoulders for a week or two. Ice and rest brother, whats a few weeks with no chest to be injury free. Let yourself heal. Foam roll, epsom salt baths, cissus, fish oil and rest my man.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Only thing I would add would be to do the Donnie Thompson shoulder reset as well.

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Awards
Inflammated supraspinatus and AC bursitis is very common and is an impingement syndrome. I presume this is your problem?

First step is to stabilize your scapula. Make SURE that the serratus anterior is tilting your scapula posterity during exercise.

Next step is making sure all the muscles of your rotator cuff are firing correctly.

Third is eliminating tightness in humeral elevators. Triceps long head, both biceptal heads, coraco brachialis, deltoid dysfunction (if supraspinatus is inhibited), basically every muscle that have potential to pull the humerus out of the glenoid fossa (I think I mentioned all of them)

Hope this helps