Advice on my cardio

Rush8780

Rush8780

Awards
Got a question of idea I have for later. Im currently deployed at the moment and am looking for away to keep my cardio in check once I get home without spending an hour or so a day on a treadmill plus weight training. I have grown very fond of using my jump rope for HIIT training on my days off from the gym. My question is to kinda "replace" my steady state cardio on weight training days would it be effective to say do roughly 500 jump ropes lets say every 2-3 hours? It would take me roughly 3-4 min per 500 to complete that many but doing it every 2-3 hours would tally up to 2000-3000 reps over the course of the day, plus at work it wouldnt be a problem to slip off every 2 hours for a few min to get in 500 ropes. Would that be as effective as putting in an hour on a treadmill walking? It would be much more time effective and not hard on the body since its broke up over the course of the day. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

gymratluke

gymratluke

Board Sponsor
Awards
Doesnt sound like a bad idea if its something you enjoy. I know jump roping is great cardio and if you can make it extra intense, it will definitely work to keep you in good shape. Let us know how it goes!

NASMTyler

Awards
I have always gotten the best results from high intensity interval training. Steady pace does nothing for me

LiftingTins

Awards
Got a question of idea I have for later. Im currently deployed at the moment and am looking for away to keep my cardio in check once I get home without spending an hour or so a day on a treadmill plus weight training. I have grown very fond of using my jump rope for HIIT training on my days off from the gym. My question is to kinda "replace" my steady state cardio on weight training days would it be effective to say do roughly 500 jump ropes lets say every 2-3 hours? It would take me roughly 3-4 min per 500 to complete that many but doing it every 2-3 hours would tally up to 2000-3000 reps over the course of the day, plus at work it wouldnt be a problem to slip off every 2 hours for a few min to get in 500 ropes. Would that be as effective as putting in an hour on a treadmill walking? It would be much more time effective and not hard on the body since its broke up over the course of the day. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Georgia...11B? Thanks for your service. I think this plan could work, but in all honesty, I would rather do a solid hour than split up in increments of 3-4 minutes. The only reason I say that is because I know that I can't get SOLID cardio in within 4 minutes; but every couple of hours may produce results. Curious on how this works out, keep us posted.