What should fitness professionals understand about pain an - AnabolicMinds.com

What should fitness professionals understand about pain an

1. New Member

What should fitness professionals understand about pain an

If you are a fitness professional, this is one of the most important articles you will ever read in your life about pain and injury. Hope it helps!

What should fitness professionals understand about pain & injury?

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  238 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Have you read any of the suggested readings? Article didn't do much for me as it seemed basic in nature but the other readings may be of interest
    Bigger and Better Is all I KNOW!!!
    Current Log= http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/250352-follidrone-cutting-package.html
  3. New Member

If that info is basic, you are better than 95% of the physical therapists out there! Did you take the questionnaire? I would like to see what you get in the questionnaire.

I have read all of them, except topical issues in pain. All the intermediate level reading are good.
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by anoopbal View Post
    If that info is basic, you are better than 95% of the physical therapists out there! Did you take the questionnaire? I would like to see what you get in the questionnaire.

I have read all of them, except topical issues in pain. All the intermediate level reading are good.
    I didn't even read it, took the questionnaire (because of this comment), and got 11/12 right. (in ~30 seconds)

So I'm gonna assume it was pretty basic.
  5. New Member

Hey Jim,

I am impressed. I am guessing you have come across all this before. Most people get usually 6-7. Have you read anything about the pain science before?
  6. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Hey Jim,

I am impressed. I am guessing you have come across all this before. Most people get usually 6-7. Have you read anything about the pain science before?
    Not that I could recall.

Unless I was forced to read about it in High School or the Military. (which is doubtful)
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Didn't read the article, never taken a class, not a trainer...got 9/12. I'll take it
  8. New Member

I would still urge everyone to read it. Most questions I feel you can guess without understanding the implications.

This information will change the way you look at pan and pain treatment. It will also help a lot with your pain.
  9. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I didn't even read it, took the questionnaire (because of this comment), and got 11/12 right. (in ~30 seconds)

So I'm gonna assume it was pretty basic.
    Name:  images.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  7.3 KB
    "To your wife you should kiss try today"-Touey

Brotato's bark brings shakes to the pups in the yard
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I always enjoy your writings Anoop, even if I don't totally agree. I just shared this on CCU's exercise science FB page.
  11. New Member

Thanks Zir REd!!

I do think majority people are unaware of the top down and the modern pain science so one of my best articles.

Let me know what you disagree with. And almost all of this is pain science. I haven't contributed anything of my own.
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Most of this I learnt in my first year physiology papers so the questionnaire was relatively simple. But still a good article for those who do not understand how pain works. Good job
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  13. New Member

i do think that the some of the questions you can get it right without actually understanding the implications of it.

This the exact reason why 90% of the physical therapists still talk only about the biomechanical model of pain. And i am talking about people who treat pain! So imagine others who have no background in pain.
  14. New Member

Neat article! Thanks for sharing.
    All Business.

Similar Forum Threads

1. What should I do about my muscle imbalance?
    By Cokeboyz in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-28-2012, 05:20 PM
  2. What You Need To Understand About Vitamins
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-19-2009, 12:01 PM
  3. What should I change about this split?
    By cmacdear in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-12-2008, 07:45 AM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-26-2007, 05:38 AM
  5. What kind of doctor understands men's fitness?
    By wildfox in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-07-2006, 04:22 PM