Fasted training + cardio

kashra

kashra

Awards
Hey..
Guys what do you think is it ok to train fasted in the morning and do morning fasted cardio? or i would do after having something..??
is empty stomach effectthe strength or not..???
Befittacoma personal trainer

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey..
Guys what do you think is it ok to train fasted in the morning and do morning fasted cardio? or i would do after having something..??
Fasted cardio works great for me. I wouldn't lift on an empty stomach though. I tend to get light headed when I lift fasted. But many people on here do lift fasted so I think it mostly depends on the person. I would love to see some scientific studies on this.

ecto84

ecto84

Awards
Hey..
I never tried cardio fasted, but I love working out after a 12-14 hours fast. Seems to work pretty well for me in terms of energy and focus.

bfoley

bfoley

Awards
Hey..
I do both in the mornings. On the days I weight train, I have a w/o drink consisting of Optimum Nutririon's Amino Energy (2 scoops). I have no problems getting thru my workouts.

note : When I first switched to am workouts, they were VERY tough. I took me almost a month to get to the point where I could get thru the entire workout without running out of steam.

bigbruiser739

bigbruiser739

Awards
  • Established
If your going to do training/cardio fasted, BCAA's can be very beneficial.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I used to do this in the morning, both lifting and cardio. Takes a bit to get used to but I really enjoyed it. If you find your self having trouble, BCAA's can help as others have stated.