Heavy squats

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. That pull was pretty quick and though I'm not a fan of the camera angle, I think I would've passed the lift. Pulling the slack out will definitely help remedy the teeter totter pulling action. The other fix is glute tightness and hip drive. I actually don't think you lost any upper back tightness at all. You're trying to pick the weight up rather than driving your heels through the floor. That's why your ass shoots up and the whole pull is all lower back. Put your ass into it and you'll have a much easier time locking out big weights.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

2. ^^ truth!!
    Get a side angle though, the analysis will be much more clear.
    •   

3. Red light for not having knees locked at the top and ditch the straps.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

4. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Red light for not having knees locked at the top and ditch the straps.
    I thought I saw that but couldn't tell.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

5. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    That pull was pretty quick and though I'm not a fan of the camera angle, I think I would've passed the lift. Pulling the slack out will definitely help remedy the teeter totter pulling action. The other fix is glute tightness and hip drive. I actually don't think you lost any upper back tightness at all. You're trying to pick the weight up rather than driving your heels through the floor. That's why your ass shoots up and the whole pull is all lower back. Put your ass into it and you'll have a much easier time locking out big weights.
    I watched it in slow motion and yur rite.. Although In my head before the lifts I'm thinking "squeeze glutes and drive through your heels" I guess it just breaks down wen I'm actually pulling it.. And that teeter totter yur talkin bout, I noticed it killed my momentum and shifted my weight.. Gnna be workin on that.. I'll get some more vids up

6. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Red light for not having knees locked at the top and ditch the straps.
    I usually chalk it up but I went my buddies gym and it's actually a "health club" so no chalk allowed.

7. Quote Originally Posted by machorox123 View Post
    I usually chalk it up but I went my buddies gym and it's actually a "health club" so no chalk allowed.
    That still doesn't address the soft knee issue.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

8. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    That still doesn't address the soft knee issue.
    Oh yea.. I mean I don't really know how to go at that. It's not something I've ever thought about.. Also don't think its that important if I'm not competing

Similar Forum Threads

1. What's considered a relativity heavy front squat?
    By DerickVonD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-17-2011, 01:52 PM
  2. bench went down after heavy squat
    By quadzilla500 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-22-2010, 04:46 PM
  3. Asss pain/discomfort from heavy deadlifts and squats
    By WebDesigner in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-21-2009, 09:54 PM
  4. Replies: 10