Farmer walk handles

XWlamoureuxX

Awards
Anyone know where I can get decent priced farmer walk handles in or near Milwaukee Wisconsin or online?

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
home depot.

1.5" galvanized pipe. 12" long bolts with 12" x 3/4" nipples. put on collars you are looking at about 40 bucks total. i have a pair and they are awesome. i even put some 1" handles on it, which on the outside comes to about 1.25" so i have a choice of thick or thin. total, i spent 50 bucks. i spent more for for 1 45lbs bumper plate to put on them lol.

XWlamoureuxX

Awards
home depot.

1.5" galvanized pipe. 12" long bolts with 12" x 3/4" nipples. put on collars you are looking at about 40 bucks total. i have a pair and they are awesome. i even put some 1" handles on it, which on the outside comes to about 1.25" so i have a choice of thick or thin. total, i spent 50 bucks. i spent more for for 1 45lbs bumper plate to put on them lol.
Approximately how much will it hold?

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
Approximately how much will it hold?
Far more than I can handle.

My friend has an axle made with the same pipe. He has put 400 on it, pressed it overhead and dumped it from above and it did not bend the bar at all. We also put it on a rack and loaded plates on it till we ran out of room. We had 980lbs with 4 100lbs plates and 2 45lbs plates on each side.

XWlamoureuxX

Awards
Far more than I can handle.

My friend has an axle made with the same pipe. He has put 400 on it, pressed it overhead and dumped it from above and it did not bend the bar at all. We also put it on a rack and loaded plates on it till we ran out of room. We had 980lbs with 4 100lbs plates and 2 45lbs plates on each side.
Damn awesome. Thanks dude

bigbruiser739

bigbruiser739

Awards
  • Established
me and a buddy, also did a home depot project. using their buckets we filled them with cement with piping and used thick PVC piping to go around to thicken the grip. when it was all said and done, I believe each bucket weighed 80 lbs.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
me and a buddy, also did a home depot project. using their buckets we filled them with cement with piping and used thick PVC piping to go around to thicken the grip. when it was all said and done, I believe each bucket weighed 80 lbs.
can you add weight?

i remember starting to do farmers and i thought 90lbs was going to kill me. now i have to double that to feel like i worked and have picked up to 260 a hand and done 240 for 40 ft. some of my training partners break 300/hand.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I walked past some sand bags at work today and could not resist trying my first farmer's walk. I will definitely be doing more!

Tonight, I saw some DIY plans being sold on eBay for about $7. I didn't buy them or I would share, but the seem to have good feedback.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I walked past some sand bags at work today and could not resist trying my first farmer. I will definitely be doing more!
Fixed