- 08-09-2013, 06:36 AM
I'm not sure if I'm in the right place but the other day at the gym I was doing plate raises overhead. The ones u grab the place like a steering wheel and do a front raise with it but I was ending overhead. And one of my friends walked by and said "oh some rotator work I see what ur doing." And I just agreed with him cause I didn't wanna look like a tard. So my question is does that movement work the rotator with the front delt or is it more of a front delt movement with little rotator work and vice versa. God bless
- 08-09-2013, 07:25 AM
It's a movement more likely to cause impingement of the biceps tendon and does not in anyway help the RC.M.Ed. Ex Phys
- 08-09-2013, 07:58 AM
08-09-2013, 09:45 AM
08-09-2013, 11:25 AM
For a descent understanding of how those muscles work and perhaps training them, google "The 7 Minute Rotator Cuff Solution" and or the Shoulder Horn, or the lying L-flye.
These are very small stabilizing muscles, that hold and help work the shoulder joint.
08-09-2013, 01:01 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By Tiabin in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 12Last Post: 02-01-2007, 12:52 PM
- By Bean in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 6Last Post: 12-06-2004, 02:53 AM
- By Warhead_321 in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 3Last Post: 06-07-2004, 10:49 AM
- By yourdaddy in forum SupplementsReplies: 8Last Post: 05-02-2003, 04:47 PM
- By sage in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 6Last Post: 04-06-2003, 04:45 AM