Should i still exercise if im sore?

healthychaser

Awards
Yesterday i ran 2.6 miles and did about 80 pushups im sore in my legs and my chest but everything else is fine should i give it a full day rest or should i workout and run again? Or should i work out on something else? Im new to trying to get fit sorry if my question is stupid.

Vinnyboombots

Vinnyboombots

Awards
Yesterday i ran 2.6 miles and did about 80 pushups im sore in my legs and my chest but everything else is fine should i give it a full day rest or should i workout and run again? Or should i work out on something else? Im new to trying to get fit sorry if my question is stupid.
Yes don't be a p ussy

Vinnyboombots

Vinnyboombots

Awards
Just joking Lol. Wherever you happen to be sore, just train other body parts.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When I do squats, I am always sore the next day and certainly still some soreness a few days later. Light work a few days after seems to help the DOMS some and almost work as an aid in soreness relief.

roblasane

roblasane

Awards
Soreness is not always a indication of a good workout or a reason not to train. It comes down to the individual .

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
When I do squats, I am always sore the next day and certainly still some soreness a few days later. Light work a few days after seems to help the DOMS some and almost work as an aid in soreness relief.
I 2nd this...

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Depends on where you are in your regimen and what it is. Do back muscles if sore in chest and legs. Recovery time dependent on many factors-age, diet, rest, etc. Why are you sore running 2.6miles? First time? shoe type? Track? Sore arms after pushups due to no previous workout of this type?

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And remember there is a big difference between muscle soreness and injury.
It is not bad to train thru DOMS, even though it may be painful. It is usually a nice dull (needing a stretch out feeling) and the pain eases way up on many muscles groups from DOMS as you go on.
If on the other hand, it is getting more painful and or there is swelling or jagging pain, then stop and rethink the days work.