Feedback on Piece of Equipment

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
I work out in a home gym and have a piece of equipment called a Powertec Squat. I use this in place of a barbell squat since I am in the gym by myself at 5:15 in the morning and my wife is still A S L E E P.

Has anyone used this and what are your thoughts of this in place of barbell squats. I realize I lose the benefit of having to balance the weight.

I hope it is okay to post this link.

Powertec Levergym Squat Calf (L-SC13) | FitnessZone

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
i guess if you have lots of space and lots of extra money to spend on a piece of equipment for only 2 exercises, go ahead. you could do worse.

i would spend the money on a power cage and be able to do as many exercises as my imagination could come up with, get more benefits, and be safer than that piece. but that is just me.

P

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you have it use it, but I am with ^asoon too, as the first piece of equipt to get the strongest in mine, is my power rack. You can just do so many heavy BB exercises in it and safely, from squats, rack pulls, GM's, BP's, OHPs, shrugs, chins........

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
I already have an Exertec Fitness Smith cage which I mostly use for bench press exercises. I can use for squats as well. I also have a leg press sled, seated calf, lat pulldown machine, pec dec, shoulder press/side lat combo, dumbbells up to 110 and a seated (with belt) tricep pushdown machine. All free weight loaded.

I appreciate the advice and solid recommendations.

P

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I already have an Exertec Fitness Smith cage which I mostly use for bench press exercises.
Well, I have no idea what you goals are, but you can go real far powerizing your entire body with that stuff you got and especially the cage, if it takes a lot of weight on the pins say!?

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
I already have an Exertec Fitness Smith cage
Then you have no need for it. If you want variety then spend the money on specialty bars for squatting.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Then you have no need for it. If you want variety then spend the money on specialty bars for squatting.
Safety squat bar anyone? Thick bar. Ghetto bamboo bar but could probably get a real one with that kind of money to spend. Trap bar doesn't sound terrible either.

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Safety squat bar anyone? Thick bar. Ghetto bamboo bar but could probably get a real one with that kind of money to spend. Trap bar doesn't sound terrible either.
SSB is the way to go. I am putting away alittle bit of extra $ every month for Elite's new yoke bar. Hope to order in July. :woohoo:

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
What are issues with using e smith machine ( has a slight vertical angle) versus the SSB?

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
What are issues with using e smith machine ( has a slight vertical angle) versus the SSB?
Issues? Other than not even being the same exercise where one is likely to mess up your body and only make you stronger at smith machine squats while the other is pure awesomeness, grows hair on your chest, slaps you with a full beard, and makes you stronger all around....... I guess there are not amy issues.

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
Issues? Other than not even being the same exercise where one is likely to mess up your body and only make you stronger at smith machine squats while the other is pure awesomeness, grows hair on your chest, slaps you with a full beard, and makes you stronger all around....... I guess there are not amy issues.
I guess that`s what I get for a bad question. HA :)

Thanks for the feedback. I am going to add BB squats on my next leg day. Time to man-up!!

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
enjoy the new beard.