ischial tuberosity and sciatic nerve pain

feather319

feather319

Awards
I've had severe pain in my ischial tuberosity and sciatic nerve. I also have pain in the greater trochanter. This pain has gotten worse in the last few months since beginning to squat below parallel and also to incorporate deadlifts. My trainer says my form is good and I also think my form is good. I never use to squat below parallel or do deadlifts until a few months ago. Is it just that my hams are too weak to support the weight? I can't lift as much going below parallel but still squat 135. I'm a female. I'd like to squat 200. Any advice on what I can do to make the pain go away and also to prevent it from happening again?

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do you have anterior pelvic tilt or an excessive curvature of the lumbar spine?

The sciatic pain sounds like it is from a tight periformis, which if you have either of the two will cause your femur (thigh bone) to rotate inward causing further compression around the sciatic nerve.

Stretch and roll your PF muscle, also (if you have APT) stretch your hip flexors and adductors, and work to improve glute activation.

As for the pain around the ischial tuberosity it could be the hamstring tie ins and possibly tight hammies. If you have APT or lumbar lordosis this causes your hams to be in a constant state of tension, and could be a culprit. You might also have some nagging injury, or even some scar tissue/over active muscle spindles.

Stretch and roll your hamstrings.

Also, some good ART might make a difference. See if you can find a physical therapist or massage therapist who does ART. Painful, but you will feel better after.

Br

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you have anterior pelvic tilt or an excessive curvature of the lumbar spine?

The sciatic pain sounds like it is from a tight periformis, which if you have either of the two will cause your femur (thigh bone) to rotate inward causing further compression around the sciatic nerve.

Stretch and roll your PF muscle, also (if you have APT) stretch your hip flexors and adductors, and work to improve glute activation.

As for the pain around the ischial tuberosity it could be the hamstring tie ins and possibly tight hammies. If you have APT or lumbar lordosis this causes your hams to be in a constant state of tension, and could be a culprit. You might also have some nagging injury, or even some scar tissue/over active muscle spindles.

Stretch and roll your hamstrings.

Also, some good ART might make a difference. See if you can find a physical therapist or massage therapist who does ART. Painful, but you will feel better after.

Br
Bumping this bc you are very smart Jason..

I have been FINALLY diagnosed with a rotated pelvis, APT, and impingement of the genitofemoral nerve, POSSIBLY the pedundal nerve as well. I've been dealing with it for a month now, being treated twice weekly for two weeks with ART and lots of deep tissue massage to the area (to the point of bruising), hot baths, and lots of foam rolling and stretching. The condition has only mildly improved and I am getting quite discouraged. I've had a rotated pelvis for about 4 years and NO ONE could diagnose or treat it. The impingement occurred a month ago on a bad deadlift set of 300 for two (PR) and I could email you the video bc I recorded it (bc it was a PR) the form was disgusting and I immediately cramped in the space between my anus and scrotum. I chalked it up to dehydration and pressed on through a grueling leg workout. I had bladder leakage and frequency / urgnecy issues for 2 weeks following, along with scrotum and testicle pain and tightness, very weird spasms in my abs and butt muscles as well as just extreme inflammation in the whole pelvic region.

Now the urinary issues are gone, but scrotum is still tight most of the day, as well as dull low back pain, piriformis pain and tightness, leg and gluteal atrophy (from lack of sprinting/leg work) and I know for a fact my hamstrings have lost strength bc the lying leg curl machine at my gym at school is broken so I can't effing do those- a perfect recipe for psoas to be over recruited. The sports injury doctor who is treating me seems to be very knowledgable. He said this is one of the most serve / "special" cases he has ever seen. There is an abundance of scar tissue around the psoas and he has been using the term adhesions a lot as well.

With all this being said, I'm wondering what a realistic time frame is for full recovery... When will I be able to sprint and dead and squat again. It's depressing.. The pain is also constant and quite depressing as well. I feel so inadequate because I cannot do daily tasks sometimes like bending down.. Let alone working out like I used to. What is the prognosis for recovery from injuries like this and what is the likelihood it will easily return.

I won't be pulling 225+ anytime soon, but id like to be able to squat and dead and sprint again in the near future, without re aggravating the injury. It seems that whenever I do any 'real' leg work, it just gets back to square one.

feather319

feather319

Awards
The last reply prompted me to post an update of my condition. I've been working my glutes and low back for months, foam rolling, doing ART and massages regularly and had no decrease in pain. When I say I tried everything, I'm not kidding. Acupuncture, yoga, mobility work, gua sha, ASTYM. Nothing worked. I was to a point where walking hurt and sitting hurt. The only thing that helped was to tie a bike tube around my hamstrings so that the connection to my ischeal tuberosity didn't hurt. One hamstring was partially torn and the other has a lot of inflammation. I returned to a physical therapist and got an ultrasound done of my hamstrings. I received 3 Prolotherapy injections over a 2 month period on my right hamstring and 1 on my left. The pain on my right is 95% better. I can deadlift and sprint with no pain! In am very careful not to push it to reinjury again.

chedapalooza, look into Prolotherapy and see if it is an option for you. PRP may help as well. Neither of these treatments is covered by insurance but it is well worth the investment! After nearly 2 years in pain, my hamstrings are finally healing! Prolotherapy is not like a cortisol injection. I doesn't cover up the pain. It irritates the injured area so that the body will start to heal itself. It changed my life!

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Awards
Ever sore in glutes after training? How is your core stability? (Specifically activation of Tr. Abdominus in daily life)

The hip pain is radiating type pain (nerve pain)?

Sounds like the problem with your genitofemoral impingement has healed. ATP is rarely the reason of hamstringpulls IMO, I'd look for PPT. A standing test for Apt Can often yield misleading results. Look if your back is hyper mobile (extension) at s1/l5 OR between T12/L1?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ever sore in glutes after training? How is your core stability? (Specifically activation of Tr. Abdominus in daily life)

The hip pain is radiating type pain (nerve pain)?

Sounds like the problem with your genitofemoral impingement has healed. ATP is rarely the reason of hamstringpulls IMO, I'd look for PPT. A standing test for Apt Can often yield misleading results. Look if your back is hyper mobile (extension) at s1/l5 OR between T12/L1?
Rarely sore in glutes.. Rarely any leg doms. Core is good, strong. Pain is radiating. I have no idea how to assess the the hyper mobile extension you are referring to..

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Awards
I'm not talking about strong core, I'm talking about function of Tr A, so I guess the answer to that is no. VERY common issue btw.

Post some posture pics and I may be able to help you further.

Sounds like an inhibition issue for sure.

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
I'm not talking about strong core, I'm talking about function of Tr A, so I guess the answer to that is no. VERY common issue btw. Post some posture pics and I may be able to help you further. Sounds like an inhibition issue for sure.
Vacuums are good for the soul! Ha

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Vacuums are good for the soul! Ha
I had started dojng vacuums daily (50 deep ones) every morning. For about 45 days, then I got the horrible bladder and urinary issues. So I thought I may have displaced something important organ wise in the process of doing them, thus I stopped. I read that doing vacuums can displace organs from their natural position.

image-1779348360.jpg

I used to have a very noticeable bulge In my lower back muscles like they were over developed. Immediately following the adjustments and hip rotation adjustment, my lower back flattened dramatically. I don't think i have a back pic of it very arched

image-604370707.jpg

Red shorts is this time last year

Attachments

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If u need better pics I have to wait for my gf to get home from visiting family in CT tomorrow or late tonight

When doing the "wall test" I used to he able to fit my whole hand/fist between the wall and the small of my back. Now I can't even slide the tips of my fingers in... Is that "normal" posture now?

I really think it has to do with my pelvis being rotated still. I was pain free for about two days, then started training sprinting 100% again... Immediately symptoms returned. I did not do deads or squats, just sprints. This is why I believe it is the hips, and the psoas being overly tight and riddled with scar tissue. The doctor said I also have scar tissues running all the way up into the abdomen.

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
If u need better pics I have to wait for my gf to get home from visiting family in CT tomorrow or late tonight When doing the "wall test" I used to he able to fit my whole hand/fist between the wall and the small of my back. Now I can't even slide the tips of my fingers in... Is that "normal" posture now? I really think it has to do with my pelvis being rotated still. I was pain free for about two days, then started training sprinting 100% again... Immediately symptoms returned. I did not do deads or squats, just sprints. This is why I believe it is the hips, and the psoas being overly tight and riddled with scar tissue.
Your low back is just a small factor when it comes to overall posture, but you were able to fix your anterior pelvic tilt, which is a good thing! Honestly if you cant even fit your fingers between your back and the wall, you are in posterior pelvic tilt! The exact opposite of anterior pelvic tilt.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your low back is just a small factor when it comes to overall posture, but you were able to fix your anterior pelvic tilt, which is a good thing! Honestly if you cant even fit your fingers between your back and the wall, you are in posterior pelvic tilt! The exact opposite of anterior pelvic tilt.
Hah yea I was thinking that. So how do I fix the PPT. Fck me lol

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Hah yea I was thinking that. So how do I fix the PPT. Fck me lol
Strengthen low back and hip flexors, and stretch glutes! How long did it take you to fix your APT? And also what all did you to do it?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Strengthen low back and hip flexors, and stretch glutes! How long did it take you to fix your APT? And also what all did you to do it?
The thing is with the nerve entrapment being a recurring issue, I cannot go heavy for legs at all. I haven't been able to dead or squat for a full month now. I haven't been able to do anything non bodyweight for legs as well.
In addition to this, the lying leg curl machine has been broken since a little BEFORE the entrapment injury took place. I can't do much for hamstring strengthening bc of this... Doing straight leg deads only tightens up my hams more.

To fix my apt, I just did specific exercises and stopped sprinting on flat ground. I did all my sprint work at a small incline or hills

All in all, the issue cannot be resolved until my nerve issue goes away. Then I have to slowly regain the strength in my legs and glutes. Smh

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Awards
Ok bro, as I thought the problem is in your glute max. You're a "butt gripper"

Look at your second pic. See the butt is tucked under? I'm sure you thought this was a genetic trait of glute development, but it is not. This is in fact a neurological dysfunction, a motor control issue. I often see this in clients who were overweight in childhood, and as a compensation they suck in their stomach and glutes to appear smaller (not saying this is you). Result is dysfunction in glutes, Tr. A, extreme tightness in compensators (hams, piriformis, rictus abdominus).

Google "Evan osar butt gripping" and read about it. I'll write a rehab system for you when I'm home from work.

Common problems with this condition is exactly what you're experiencing. Significant tightness in hams and piriformis, yielding sciatica like symptoms and irritation of the muscle insertions of hammy.

100% fixable don't worry. As long as you don't have any major herniations.

This is NOT apt btw. It's PPT.

Please do not squat or deadlift until this is sorted out, as this "syndrome" is a major back breaker.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would be interested to see what you come up with kjetil1234. The intrinsic muscles of the hip and pelvic floor are very interesting, likely the culprit of many issues (vs. the large multijoints muscles), and also something that I do not know much about directly targeting.

@feather319
, if you don't mind me asking, how much was prolotherapy?

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Tons of great information in here! Kjetill1234 really knows his stuff!

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok bro, as I thought the problem is in your glute max. You're a "butt gripper"

Look at your second pic. See the butt is tucked under? I'm sure you thought this was a genetic trait of glute development, but it is not. This is in fact a neurological dysfunction, a motor control issue. I often see this in clients who were overweight in childhood, and as a compensation they suck in their stomach and glutes to appear smaller (not saying this is you). Result is dysfunction in glutes, Tr. A, extreme tightness in compensators (hams, piriformis, rictus abdominus).

Google "Evan osar butt gripping" and read about it. I'll write a rehab system for you when I'm home from work.

Common problems with this condition is exactly what you're experiencing. Significant tightness in hams and piriformis, yielding sciatica like symptoms and irritation of the muscle insertions of hammy.

100% fixable don't worry. As long as you don't have any major herniations.

This is NOT apt btw. It's PPT.

Please do not squat or deadlift until this is sorted out, as this "syndrome" is a major back breaker.
Wow! Man I was very overweight as a child.... I didnt lose it all til I was 16, and I become anorexic actually- dropping 100 ponds in a year from 190 to 90. Now I am 165-170.

But I was 100lbs at age 8.. 150 at 10.. 160 at 12, 180-190 at 14-15 lol totally sedentary.. I should also probably mention that my right foot turns out when I walk. The toes point out. Also when I stand still sometimes I notice it is turned outward very much.

Lastly, would an overly soft mattress exacerbate/ cause this? I moved a month and a half ago and we decided to use my girlfriends mattress.. It is SO fcking soft I sink into- there is next to NO support... I need a nice hard mattress to keep me flat and straight..

Is sprinting ok? I will not squat or dead, but what is the turn around time for cardio- sprinting/bike/walking/rowing/prowler? Again, bc I moved, I haven't been able to do any lying leg curls or use the prowler.. I used to do pushes and pulls twice a week for the last year... Could the sudden overall decline in activity have caused me to suffer an Injury?

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Awards
Mattress is irrelevant mate, you can sleep softly :)

No sprinting. When glute max isn't working, that's a recipe for pulled hamstring. Sorry bro. I'll write. A proper walk through for you when I'm home.

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Awards
I would be interested to see what you come up with kjetil1234. The intrinsic muscles of the hip and pelvic floor are very interesting, likely the culprit of many issues (vs. the large multijoints muscles), and also something that I do not know much about directly targeting.

@feather319
100% agreed! The stabilizers get inhibited, not the primary movers. Causes a LOT of problem. I'll be a little crazy and claim that 90% of low back pain is due to poor movement and stabilization, with according consequences of arthritis, herniations, SIJ subluxations etc.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mattress is irrelevant mate, you can sleep softly :)

No sprinting. When glute max isn't working, that's a recipe for pulled hamstring. Sorry bro. I'll write. A proper walk through for you when I'm home.
Ok. Thank you very much

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Rehash and cliffs of current symptoms and activities which induce pain?????? No diagnostic injection i am guessing? Any Nerve Glides?
No none of the above. I've been typing this for days now lol I'm very sorry to do this but all symptoms and causes can be found in and shortly after my first post

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Awards
Ok. Thank you very much
Ok. This is not a simple problem to fix on your own, so it's necessary that you do some googling and educate yourself on your problem. It WILL require a lot of effort on your behalf!

Cause of problem:

* Squeezing ass and stomach for years on years, resulting in dysfunctions.

Main inhibitions:
* Gluteus maximus
* Transversus abdominus
* Psoas major

Symptoms:
*Chronic hamstring tightness
*Chronic hip tightness
*Chronic piriformis tightness
*Poor breathing and stabilization strategy
*Butt 'tucked' under, literally. It's NOT genetic.
*Lumbar flexion
*** HUGE risk of injury to pelvis, low back, herniations, hamstrings, etc

Symptom relief:
* Stretch hamstrings (with a straight back, not the toe touch bull****)
* Stretch piriformis
* Stretch / massage lower abs
*** This is all symptom relief, they will not stop GRIPPING until proper stabilization and function is achieved.

Look at whole, but pay attention to 6:00
[video=youtube;geE7jJmp0Rw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geE7jJmp0Rw[/video]

This may look dull, but you MUST activate your Tr A and cease the rectus abdominus gripping!
[video=youtube;lmZwM0-U5yo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmZwM0-U5yo[/video]

Reactivation of glute maximus
[video=youtube;tKGR6uceAy8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKGR6uceAy8[/video]

Learn HIP HINGE: activation of low lumbar erectors (muscles that pull the butt BACK and UP)
[video=youtube;TT838Ha2xmA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT838Ha2xmA[/video]

If I forgot something, I'll edit the post. My wife is waiting for me to eat dinner :p

Hope this helps. I've dealt with your problem before, and if you work on these things it WILL fix the problem.

Regards

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Awards
PSOAS strenghtening, for lumbar stabilization
[video=youtube;-tG96Rog81U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tG96Rog81U[/video]

braskibra

braskibra

Awards
No none of the above. I've been typing this for days now lol I'm very sorry to do this but all symptoms and causes can be found in and shortly after my first post
sorry all i saw was selfie pics of your buttcheeks

braskibra

braskibra

Awards
All this stuff is going to address your rotated pelvis, and may prevent future recurrences as well as exacerbating at this moment but isn't going to do much for inflammation (unless creating more space and reducing pressure on nerve which may or may not be an issue, you want to stay active but with modification). The nerve appears to be still inflammed, better make sure the activity your doing is not exacerbating it. Get to a physician, maybe he will prescribe some mobic or dose pack to calm it down. You should be getting some infrared light etc to promote recovery. Exercise and mobility will be a long term solution, the short term goal should be to reduce pain/inflammation. How did you get diagnosed with "scar tissue". This seems like an odd conclusion, ultrasound or MRI imaging?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thank you both for these posts. Had a busy couple days and will really respond and look at it all tonight

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Still need to read through everything which I will do when my gf goes to sleep. But quick question: can this deep massage/ ART be causing excessive toxins to be released into my system? I made an apt for blood work on Thursday, but ever since I started receiving these treatments, I've felt like complete shti. Always tired, dizzy, loss in strength and energy, MORE muscle pain, some confusion and disorientation... Could any of this be caused by an excess of toxins being released from the tissues?

braskibra

braskibra

Awards
Shouldn't cause those symptoms, better make sure u have a full workup, I know u said uve been cleared but those symptoms are red flags in my book.

Don't forget to rule out lumbar herniation, those nerve roots exit the ventral rami L1,2

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Shouldn't cause those symptoms, better make sure u have a full workup, I know u said uve been cleared but those symptoms are red flags in my book.

Don't forget to rule out lumbar herniation, those nerve roots exit the ventral rami L1,2
He said there are no signs of herniation.. Idk. I am gonna request as much blood as can be taken... Possibly a mold problem I. The apartment we moved into in June.. The list goes on an on with possible issues... But I am feeling like a d+ at best daily in terms of overall quality of life at the moment. I suspect there may be something underlying that needs immediate attention.

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Awards
Honestly I think the genitofemoral pain is either from the inhibited psoas, which is way lengthened, or from a herniation. Either way I hope that activating the psoas will relieve those symptoms. Most importantly they'll fix your faulty movement, which is root of all this **** in the first place.

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Awards
Regarding the last symptoms,
I'm afraid I don't know either man... Check basics? Food, sleep etc. blood test?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok I've watched 3 videos the one for psoas strengthening, glute bridge, and hip hinge. How often/how much of this should I be doing? Watching the others now.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Watched everything now. The hip hinge seemed to help alleviate the hamstring tightness during the motion of it. Let me know next steps RE post above

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Awards
The most important is changing your movement and stabilization strategy. You'll have to retrain your gait (walk pattern) and other functional patterns, such as squatting to pick something up, etc.

When your glutes are inhibited, it means that your hamstrings have to work OVERTIME, which often results in hamstring pulls and chronic tightness, which in turn may cause back problems.

The other aspect is that the hamstrings can not properly stabilize the femoroacetabular (hip) joint, as the glute has attachments very close(keeping the joint centrated in socket), while hamstring has attachment distally (calf), which pulls the femur out of socket. This is a big reason for incline in hip replacements (poor centration resulting in arthritis due to abnormal friction)

Sorry for all the additional info, but I think it's relevant for you to educate yourself on this if you wish to fix it on your own.

Step 1: PROPER BREATHING+ activate inhibited muscles and stretch out (and/or massage) tightness/symptoms. Step one should be practiced until you easily control the inhibited muscles.

Step 2: strengthen the stabilizers. 1-2 times a week (normal strength training) and get then up to par with the rest of your system. Especially glute max, psoas and lumbar erectors(as Tr A is more about activation than strength)

Step 3: learn to properly integrate this into all daily patterns. Be it picking up soap in the shower (lol) or squatting/deadlifting. Step three should always be practiced!

Hope this answers your question bro.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The most important is changing your movement and stabilization strategy. You'll have to retrain your gait (walk pattern) and other functional patterns, such as squatting to pick something up, etc.

When your glutes are inhibited, it means that your hamstrings have to work OVERTIME, which often results in hamstring pulls and chronic tightness, which in turn may cause back problems.

The other aspect is that the hamstrings can not properly stabilize the femoroacetabular (hip) joint, as the glute has attachments very close(keeping the joint centrated in socket), while hamstring has attachment distally (calf), which pulls the femur out of socket. This is a big reason for incline in hip replacements (poor centration resulting in arthritis due to abnormal friction)

Sorry for all the additional info, but I think it's relevant for you to educate yourself on this if you wish to fix it on your own.

Step 1: activate inhibited muscles and stretch out (and/or massage) tightness/symptoms. Step one should be practiced until you easily control the inhibited muscles.

Step 2: strengthen the stabilizers. 1-2 times a week (normal strength training) and get then up to par with the rest of your system. Especially glute max, psoas and lumbar erectors(as Tr A is more about activation than strength)

Step 3: learn to properly integrate this into all daily patterns. Be it picking up soap in the shower (lol) or squatting/deadlifting. Step three should always be practiced!

Hope this answers your question bro.
It makes sense. Only question is number 2- strengthen stabilizers. How? By doing the exercises in the video? Or by doing accessory movements to the "big two" (squat and dead) how can I atrenfthen my glutes without squatting and deAding. How can I strengthen psoas?

Lastly, if this doctor is not providing appropriate treatment/ rehab... Who / what kind of dr should I see? You in PA or CT? Lol

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Awards
Extremely important when practicing hip hinge is that you LOCK your back to your hip using your lumbar erectors. You are so used to hinging with your low back, and this will feel very unusual to you. Critical !

After you learn to properly hip hinge without bending your back at all, then you can start learning how to properly stabilize with the hip in neutral position (first you need to learn how to anterior pelvic tilt)

Hope this makes sense.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Extremely important when practicing hip hinge is that you LOCK your back to your hip using your lumbar erectors. You are so used to hinging with your low back, and this will feel very unusual to you. Critical !

After you learn to properly hip hinge without bending your back at all, then you can start learning how to properly stabilize with the hip in neutral position (first you need to learn his to anterior pelvic tilt)

Hope this makes sense.
I did a bunch of reps.. I now have a good pump in the small of my back and upper glutes. Walking around feels much more "grounded" and stable

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Awards
It makes sense. Only question is number 2- strengthen stabilizers. How? By doing the exercises in the video? Or by doing accessory movements to the "big two" (squat and dead) how can I atrenfthen my glutes without squatting and deAding. How can I strengthen psoas?

Lastly, if this doctor is not providing appropriate treatment/ rehab... Who / what kind of dr should I see? You in PA or CT? Lol
Your glutes are not targeted at all ATM in training because they are inhibited. Until you learn hip hinge they won't activate. For now, use Dr Osars tips of activation (which are for general population and not athletes), this is step one.

Step two will be weighted glute bridges, bent leg raises (not stiff legged, as this will activate the TFL and rectus femoris in bigger as a hip flexor. You don't want that), vacuums, learning to breathe deep into stomach and keeping the pressure with your abs+diaphragm.

You have to find someone who are good with kinesiology. Call Dr osar and ask him
If he has a colleague in your area is my beat suggestion (you're American, yes?). It's very difficult to find a good kinesiologist IME, but I'm from Norway.

My best suggestion is that you educate yourself on this problem bro.

Edit: one important thing! Your hamstrings already have a minor injury in the origin (ischial tub), so start with foam rolling and get a sports massage in this area. Stretching may rip the wound up, so until it's healed, careful with stretching

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your glutes are not targeted at all ATM in training because they are inhibited. Until you learn hip hinge they won't activate. For now, use Dr Osars tips of activation (which are for general population and not athletes), this is step one.

Step two will be weighted glute bridges, bent leg raises (not stiff legged, as this will activate the TFL and rectus femoris in bigger as a hip flexor. You don't want that), vacuums, learning to breathe deep into stomach and keeping the pressure with your abs+diaphragm.

You have to find someone who are good with kinesiology. Call Dr osar and ask him
If he has a colleague in your area is my beat suggestion (you're American, yes?). It's very difficult to find a good kinesiologist IME, but I'm from Norway.

My best suggestion is that you educate yourself on this problem bro.

Edit: one important thing! Your hamstrings already have a minor injury in the origin (ischial tub), so start with foam rolling and get a sports massage in this area. Stretching may rip the wound up, so until it's healed, careful with stretching
Thank you for all the info and taking the time out of your life to help.. I'm American, yes. I will try to contact dr osar!

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

If Dr. Oscar doesn't have any suggestions I suggest you reach out to Pat Davidson on facebook. He knows of quite a few good PT's who are well trained in PRI techniques (like we are discussing above).

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If Dr. Oscar doesn't have any suggestions I suggest you reach out to Pat Davidson on facebook. He knows of quite a few good PT's who are well trained in PRI techniques (like we are discussing above).
Thanks I will. No success getting through to osar clinic in Chicago

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Doctor wants to get an MRI just to rule out any possible disc issues. God I hate MRI's

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Awards
Doctor wants to get an MRI just to rule out any possible disc issues. God I hate MRI's
I agree with your doc about MRI. But take his advice with some salt, because he faulty diagnosed you with anterior pelvic tilt. It's obvious a PPT and butt is tucked way under.

The scar tissue theory he has, comes from the APT conclusion, because stiff psoas is common with APT. However, how is it possible that he did not correctly diagnose your pelvic position NOR see that the psoas aren't the problem? Sounds off to me.

Usually in clients like you, I'll see stiff hip flexors YES (rectus femoris!) and inhibition of psoas, and they have to be tested differently.
Point being that the genitofemoral nerve passes through the psoas, and if it's not tight then the theory has to change IMO. I think the nerve is being pulled (as Braski mentioned), due to excessive pelvic rotation.

feather319

feather319

Awards
@feather319
$150 per injection. 3 total on the right and 2 on the left I also had to pay for the office visit and ultrasound but those went towards the deductible on my insurance.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree with your doc about MRI. But take his advice with some salt, because he faulty diagnosed you with anterior pelvic tilt. It's obvious a PPT and butt is tucked way under.

The scar tissue theory he has, comes from the APT conclusion, because stiff psoas is common with APT. However, how is it possible that he did not correctly diagnose your pelvic position NOR see that the psoas aren't the problem? Sounds off to me.

Usually in clients like you, I'll see stiff hip flexors YES (rectus femoris!) and inhibition of psoas, and they have to be tested differently.
Point being that the genitofemoral nerve passes through the psoas, and if it's not tight then the theory has to change IMO. I think the nerve is being pulled (as Braski mentioned), due to excessive pelvic rotation.
I'm seeing someone different tomorrow for a second opinion