Exercise timing (before bed...) - AnabolicMinds.com

Exercise timing (before bed...)

1. New Member

Smile Exercise timing (before bed...)

Hello people...

I was wondering what the science is about doing light cardio/exercises (pushups, situps, dips etc) before you go to bed for the night. I usually find myself being active for a little bit prior to going to sleep, and I'm not sure if it's more positive or negative. I'm not talking about anything close to an official workout, just doing some stuff to tone up some weak areas. I'm sure it's light enough where it couldn't do any real harm, but I want to know if it can be beneficial if done correctly...or if a little too much can hurt me. I'm talking anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour before sleep...

Thanks in advance...

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.

My problem in doing that is that it will get me "wired" and make it hard to go to sleep... If I was going to do one of the other, I'd pick cardio.

ManBeast
    -Saving random peoples' nuts, one pair at at time... PCT info:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/192992-pct-what-why.html
    -Are you really ready for a cycle? Read this link and be honest:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/191120-checklist-before-thinking.html
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*
  3. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ManBeast
    My problem in doing that is that it will get me "wired" and make it hard to go to sleep... If I was going to do one of the other, I'd pick cardio.

ManBeast
    Yeah I hear you on that. Sometimes it'll get me a little pumped up and I won't be able to sleep...but I'm wondering exactly what physiological effects it has. If my metabolism is moderately high right before I go to bed from exercise, and maybe along with a particular late meal/snack schedule, could it bring about certain results, such as accelerated fat loss, increased hormones, quicker muscle recovery etc etc etc...?
    •   

4. New Member

i see what you are getting at. i did these same things when i was in high school. i would do 100 push-ups and 100 sit-ups before bed. it would get me a lil wired but once i took a shower and laid down i would have deeper sleeps. also, my appetite was higher in the morning. i think any moderate workout activity is beneficial as long as you are not going to the extreme and overtrainning; i don't think it could possibly hurt you.

Similar Forum Threads

1. cereal before bed time...
    By boricuarage in forum Bulking
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 08-09-2010, 04:51 PM
  2. Is fat before bed just as bad as carbs?
    By Gaf Knee in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-19-2003, 09:23 PM
  3. best protein before bed?
    By JBlaze in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-18-2003, 09:33 PM
  4. Best food for before bed
    By Inzah Dude in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 01-27-2003, 08:16 PM
  5. Takeing 1 test before bed???