share your thoughts on leg growth - AnabolicMinds.com

share your thoughts on leg growth

1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

share your thoughts on leg growth

In high school and early military years i benched twice a week. I rarely worked legs. As ive grown mentally and physically, my legs have lagged. My chest , shoulers, and back all have thick solid mass from working like that. I was thinking of doing similar to get the legs growing, monday/Thursday squat days. Right now i see no reasons not to besides the risk of over training. I already excersice good form with squats... atg method so i know thats not my issue for laggy leg growth. I go as heavy as good form will allow and from the 3-10 rep range typically.

Any insight from the powerlifters or guys with massive wheels would be great. My legs need to grow!
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I do a Steve Reeves based full body split which has squating 3 days a week.

Assuming your routine is set up ok, there is not reason you could not squat two times a week.
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Squatting twice a week is fine. You might devote one squat day to working strength - do higher intensity stuff on this day, do a few working sets with low reps (1-5). I like to deadlift after squatting, even if I squat heavy, so I would jump to those. I would also do some sort of supplemental lift, like hack squat machine, leg press, lunges, front squats, something with a concentration on muscle contraction and really trying to kill your legs in one set, kind of like a finisher.

Then the second squat day you could do more volume work. Either do like 5-6 sets of 3-5 reps, or do 3-4 sets of 8-12 reps. I'd do a few other supplemental lifts as well, but again going for volume more than intensity.

^ that's what I do.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

I squat 2x a week, 1 day is heavy, the other day is volume.... my legs are Hyooooge.
    Log of EPIC by FRL - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/202576-should-epic-frl.html
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia
    Squatting twice a week is fine. You might devote one squat day to working strength - do higher intensity stuff on this day, do a few working sets with low reps (1-5). I like to deadlift after squatting, even if I squat heavy, so I would jump to those. I would also do some sort of supplemental lift, like hack squat machine, leg press, lunges, front squats, something with a concentration on muscle contraction and really trying to kill your legs in one set, kind of like a finisher.

Then the second squat day you could do more volume work. Either do like 5-6 sets of 3-5 reps, or do 3-4 sets of 8-12 reps. I'd do a few other supplemental lifts as well, but again going for volume more than intensity.

^ that's what I do.
    I should have specified, thats what the plan would be, one heavy ass day and one medium weight day.

Appreciate all the feedback guys.
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream

Similar Forum Threads

1. school is open share your thoughts
    By new2thisworld in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-19-2011, 10:35 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-09-2006, 11:32 PM
  3. Replies: 46
    Last Post: 06-05-2006, 08:23 PM