Am I burning muscle? - AnabolicMinds.com

Am I burning muscle?

1. Banned
    Stats
    5'5"  200 lbs.

Question Am I burning muscle?

I know that cardio doesn't burn muscle but I have a thought. Let's say you ate a 800 cal meal (breakfast) then went on the elliPtical for an hour and the machine reports u burned 900 cals . Also following that ur busy so u won't be able to eat, and the next time u will be able to eat it will have been 3 hours since that 800 cal meal. Since u burned more calories on the elliptical then u consumed will ur body start to break down muscle Until u eat again?

2. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Borispili View Post
    I know that cardio doesn't burn muscle but I have a thought. Let's say you ate a 800 cal meal (breakfast) then went on the elliPtical for an hour and the machine reports u burned 900 cals . Also following that ur busy so u won't be able to eat, and the next time u will be able to eat it will have been 3 hours since that 800 cal meal. Since u burned more calories on the elliptical then u consumed will ur body start to break down muscle Until u eat again?
    No it doesnt work that way.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

just make sure your total daily calorie intake is where it needs to be, doesnt matter if its 3 meals or 7.
    “Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.” -R.I.P Zyzz-
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

if you were on the elliptical for say, 12+ hours, everyday for a week..... i would say most likely.

your body has multiple energy systems and they overlap each other. there is no distinct line separating them.

and your body has enough immediate fuel for a few hours of exercise. and enough fat to last you days.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.
  5. Banned
    Stats
    5'5"  200 lbs.

So total calorie intake is more important
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

So total calorie intake is more important
    yes! it takes awhile of less than par nutrition and excess calorie deficiency to target muscle for energy.....i had to eat talapia, pasta, then hour later a shake with whey, pb, honey, and milk to meet my needs for the day....it was midnight, once you start learning more about nutrition and weed through the non sense you will realize dieting is actually fun and not as strict as everyone thinks
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    yes! it takes awhile of less than par nutrition and excess calorie deficiency to target muscle for energy.....i had to eat talapia, pasta, then hour later a shake with whey, pb, honey, and milk to meet my needs for the day....it was midnight, once you start learning more about nutrition and weed through the non sense you will realize dieting is actually fun and not as strict as everyone thinks
    Nail on the head. Most folks I know that "diet" eat all the wrong stuff and way too little. They end up doing way too low fat and mess up their hormones and mood and when you feel like crap all the time it's tough to stick to a program. They also tend to eat way too little and get a nice case of metabolic syndrome, their weight loss plateaus and stops and they get discouraged, start eating more and rebound right back to where they were.

I laugh every time I hear this one radio commercial "diets don't work!" followed immediately by "but MY snake-oil crap definitely does!".
  8. New Member

wait I thought cardio does burn muscle if passing a certain amount time; I heard 45 mins + is usually the muscle burning stage, but obviously not everything is correct information, lol.
  9. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by willc86 View Post
    wait I thought cardio does burn muscle if passing a certain amount time; I heard 45 mins + is usually the muscle burning stage, but obviously not everything is correct information, lol.
    Not unless you're in a major deficit and glycogen depleted.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  10. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Not unless you're in a major deficit and glycogen depleted.
    ahh! Wow, I am learning so much from you, lol. awesome. thanks
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Building muscle while burning fat
    By ljc100 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-13-2012, 12:47 AM
  2. Best fat burning supplement to preserve muscle
    By jdhil90 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 08-17-2010, 01:55 PM
  3. Best way to keep muscle while burning fat?
    By LiLShAnK357 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-31-2009, 09:50 AM
  4. stop burning muscle !
    By ICantRunFast in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-26-2007, 04:10 PM
  5. Burning muscle or fat?
    By Jayhawkk in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-25-2006, 02:50 PM