Planks Lower Back?
- 05-01-2012, 05:46 AM
- 05-01-2012, 10:00 AM
planks work more then the abs and you will feel it where you feel it. and as you get stronger where you feel it will change as well.
i would try squeezing your abs and glutes tighter so you can roll your hips more under you. the feeling you likely have in your back is your abs are weak so you you cause a hyperlordosis and are feeling compression in the lumbar area.you can call me "ozzie" for short.
- 05-01-2012, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by AmazingAJ
05-01-2012, 02:27 PM
05-01-2012, 03:05 PM
05-01-2012, 03:54 PM
you do NOT want to suck in your abz. and i said squeeze. and what i meant was not just to prepare for a punch and brace them but actually use them to pull the top of your up towards your sternum.
you also have very tight hip flexors so stretching them can help.
you can call me "ozzie" for short.
05-02-2012, 08:07 AM
What he said. Your abs flex to your shoulders towards your pelvis, if you don't squeeze enough you'll transfer the strain to your lower back.
You can't just set up in a plank and assume it will work- you have to think about your abs and really activate them
05-02-2012, 10:38 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By DOMOkun in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 18Last Post: 12-29-2012, 11:19 AM
- By WalterT in forum Training ForumReplies: 14Last Post: 10-17-2011, 04:51 PM
- By MMAMONSTER19 in forum Training ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 12-23-2008, 03:05 PM
- By ryano in forum Training ForumReplies: 12Last Post: 09-03-2005, 12:05 PM
- By Trapark666 in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 7Last Post: 07-19-2003, 02:17 AM