Forearm development

mconstant

Awards
I am a pitcher and I need to develop my forearm more to get a better curve ball does anybody have a way to build forearm strength quickly?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
reverse grip bb curls, wrist twists, hammer curls are what i do for forearms

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's not so much forearm muscle that you need; it's grip strength that you need. Plate pinches, Fat Gripz, Captains of Crushers, etc. are some examples of things that help grip strength.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's not so much forearm muscle that you need; it's grip strength that you need. Plate pinches, Fat Gripz, Captains of Crushers, etc. are some examples of things that help grip strength.
This. Also sticking your hand in a bucket of sand and squeezing it.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

What are Captains of Crushers?. I googled that and just came up with pictures from star trek.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nevermind, found them. I hate those things. They always seemed like a gimmick to me. I'd rather do something not so boring and tedious.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Heavy anything with no straps.

tigerdb2

tigerdb2

Awards
You could also do things such as rows, pull ups and the likes with towels draped around the bar so that you are gripping the towel and not the barbell.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You could also do things such as rows, pull ups and the likes with towels draped around the bar so that you are gripping the towel and not the barbell.
This would be like replicating fat grips as Rodja mentioned.

farmtireguy

farmtireguy

Awards
  • Established
So are fat Gripz worth the money?

dalexander

dalexander

Awards
heavy ass farmer walks, will also help with rotator cuff stabilization.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So are fat Gripz worth the money?
I have yet I try them, but a lot of people whom I trust there opinion in these matters say they absolutely do.

farmtireguy

farmtireguy

Awards
  • Established
I have yet I try them, but a lot of people whom I trust there opinion in these matters say they absolutely do.
I think I just might have to get a set.

tigerdb2

tigerdb2

Awards
This would be like replicating fat grips as Rodja mentioned.
I worded that poorly. I meant loop the towel around the bar so that aren't gripping the bar, pull up bar, whatever at all. You're holding only the towel

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I worded that poorly. I meant loop the towel around the bar so that aren't gripping the bar, pull up bar, whatever at all. You're holding only the towel
Ah, now I'm tracking.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nevermind, found them. I hate those things. They always seemed like a gimmick to me. I'd rather do something not so boring and tedious.
CoC are different from the little springy weights from yesteryear.

gospher

gospher

Awards
Rope climbing
2-3 inch thick
Rope same thickness with weight and drag them
I would use anywhere from 30-75 feet

Pinch grip plates
Have no idea what it's called

Wrist rollers

Squeezing tennis ball