I have a confession to make!

  1. I have a confession to make!


    I been bulking for about 6 years now and eating high amount of calories 3500-4000, but I never done abs. I know it is imprtant to do core and I am going to start doing ABs and core since I need it for dead lift, bench press, ect.

    But my question is, do AB work out actually help lose or maintain excess fat around your core? I know you have to lose over all body% fat, which is hard to do when bulking, but do ab exercises really make an impact on belly fat w/o doing any cardio? If it makes any sense?


  2. No, it doesn't. Now, they will help to give the illusion that you're leaner than you really are (e.g. you'll see some PL'ers with 16-18%BF and have visible top abs), but they won't help to reduce excess fat.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  3. theoretically it dose..let me explain.

    There is no such thing as spot fat removeal but the body dose tend to shed off the fat from the muscle you use during cardio. I have found ab super sets 2x a week rep range of 20 to 30 in a calorie defiect has worked for me.
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
    •   
       


  4. do you think that is why I get some pain in my core section when i do deadlifts, BB rows bench press? because I never do abs?

  5. Quote Originally Posted by willc86 View Post
    do you think that is why I get some pain in my core section when i do deadlifts, BB rows bench press? because I never do abs?
    It's possible, but it could also be a lack of overall tightness.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  6. Quote Originally Posted by willc86 View Post
    I been bulking for about 6 years now and eating high amount of calories 3500-4000, but I never done abs. I know it is imprtant to do core and I am going to start doing ABs and core since I need it for dead lift, bench press, ect.

    But my question is, do AB work out actually help lose or maintain excess fat around your core? I know you have to lose over all body% fat, which is hard to do when bulking, but do ab exercises really make an impact on belly fat w/o doing any cardio? If it makes any sense?
    you've been bulking for 6 years! holy crap, may be you should take a break for a month or two
    Christopher
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/old-school-hormone/239904-csa2179s-hulk-mirror.html#post4289751

  7. Quote Originally Posted by csa2179 View Post
    you've been bulking for 6 years! holy crap, may be you should take a break for a month or two


    LOL oops! I meant 6 months.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by willc86 View Post
    LOL oops! I meant 6 months.
    I was gonna say, damn!

  9. Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post
    theoretically it dose..let me explain.

    There is no such thing as spot fat removeal but the body dose tend to shed off the fat from the muscle you use during cardio. I have found ab super sets 2x a week rep range of 20 to 30 in a calorie defiect has worked for me.
    Perhaps the muscle expanded and the skin fold decreased...or the heat generated as you did all those ab exercises resulted in a loss of extracellular water giving the illusion...but there is no evidence to show that you can spot reduce with exericse. On the contrary, there is plenty of scientific evidence that shows you cannot.



    And to the orriginal poster...lets not forget the core is much more than the rectus abominals.

    Br

  10. Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED View Post

    And to the orriginal poster...lets not forget the core is much more than the rectus abominals.

    Br
    I am currently doing the stronglifts 5x5 routine. There is no dedicated "ab" exercise in there, presumably because the deadlifts, squats, and presses take care of the core. Is that thinking correct? Should I work in some core exercises or leave the program as it is?

  11. Yeh. I think working out ABS makes more impact then cardio. I'm not a fan of cardio. If u want a six pack u need to work out the entire mid section. That includes ur back. To get the most out of core. Do what ever exersices u do on ur feet. Ex. Military press standing up. Or front squats instead of reg squats. Plus what ever AB routine u got.
    GAME ON! MOVAH FUKAZ!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/231867-man-sports-gameday.html#post4047619

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Est1969 View Post
    I am currently doing the stronglifts 5x5 routine. There is no dedicated "ab" exercise in there, presumably because the deadlifts, squats, and presses take care of the core. Is that thinking correct? Should I work in some core exercises or leave the program as it is?
    People often overlook the importance of training the deeper core muscles via static exercises like various bridges, bridges with resistance, bridges with instability (i.e.: reaching out during a prone bridge or plank), as well as rotational and anti-rotational movements.

    Br

  13. Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED

    People often overlook the importance of training the deeper core muscles via static exercises like various bridges, bridges with resistance, bridges with instability (i.e.: reaching out during a prone bridge or plank), as well as rotational and anti-rotational movements.

    Br
    True!
    GAME ON! MOVAH FUKAZ!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/231867-man-sports-gameday.html#post4047619
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Gotta Make a Confession
    By mikemd21289 in forum Pics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-24-2011, 10:43 PM
  2. Confession....my diet sucks!!!
    By triton185 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-26-2009, 08:45 PM
  3. Alter Boy Confession
    By David Dunn in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-30-2006, 03:28 PM
Log in
Log in