Wtestling season

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.72%

Hello my wrestling season will start soon and was wondering how my diet should be. Approximate my carbs/fats/protein. Thanks
    Wrestling up top typing error

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  223 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.64%

The American College of Sports Medicine has great suggestions (or guidlines) and they break it down to per kg body weight for each macro nutrient for various sports. Some questions you should ask your self is what weight class are you shooting for? how many days a week do u practice? how long typically do the sessions last? The amount of calories consumed should depend on energy expenditure, which has several factors and varies for every individual.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.61%

I don't know how much of a choice you have, but wrestling near your current weight would be ideal IMO....

That being said get about 1 gram per pound in protein... about 0.5 to 1 grams per pound of quality fats (Omega's, etc)then the rest are fibrous and complex carbs up to your total caloric intake (which for maintenance would be about 12x your bodyweight in calories)
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.72%

Quote Originally Posted by dalexander
    The American College of Sports Medicine has great suggestions (or guidlines) and they break it down to per kg body weight for each macro nutrient for various sports. Some questions you should ask your self is what weight class are you shooting for? how many days a week do u practice? how long typically do the sessions last? The amount of calories consumed should depend on energy expenditure, which has several factors and varies for every individual.
    I will have practice for two hours and 5 days a week. I weight 145 an still deciding what weight to go. Whatever weight I go I want to make sure I don't lose muscle mass
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.72%

If I go for a 1.5 pounds a week of fat by taking 5250 calories out each week will I still be able to keep muscle mass
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.61%

Quote Originally Posted by jaffy View Post
    If I go for a 1.5 pounds a week of fat by taking 5250 calories out each week will I still be able to keep muscle mass
    Thats a 750 caloric defecit per day. If you attempted this through dieting alone, you would no doubt lose muscle mass. Make sure your diet is spot-on and you're still lifting heavy. Then, reduce your daily calories only PARTLY. The other calories you'll burn by doing cardio. This should help you preserve a good chunk of the muscle and strength.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.72%

Quote Originally Posted by Marcinator

Thats a 750 caloric defecit per day. If you attempted this through dieting alone, you would no doubt lose muscle mass. Make sure your diet is spot-on and you're still lifting heavy. Then, reduce your daily calories only PARTLY. The other calories you'll burn by doing cardio. This should help you preserve a good chunk of the muscle and strength.
    What do you mean reduce my calories partially
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.61%

Quote Originally Posted by jaffy View Post
    What do you mean reduce my calories partially
    Instead of saying "I need a 750 caloric defecit so every day I'm going to eat 750 calories less but not get up off the couch", you would partially reduce calories. So you would say to yourself, "I'm reducing my calories by 200 today and I'm also going to do some exercise to burn 550 calories."

This way you're still meeting the 750 calorie defecit daily, and you will shed the fat, but you'll also be keeping most of the muscle.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Don't get KO'd by the Flu this season!
    By DNA in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-29-2009, 04:23 PM
  2. TUF season 4
    By Pit Bull in forum MMA
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-26-2006, 11:12 AM
  3. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-27-2005, 05:47 PM