pendlay rows vs bent barbells rows

Santee

Santee

Awards
Are they the same thing? Or is the touching in the ground the difference? Which one works better if you've tried both, I've just done barbell rows.

bboyflash

Awards
Row are pulled to navel, pendaly are pulled to chest

Santee

Santee

Awards
ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You get more shoulder extender recruitment (lats) out of regular barbell rows to navel, especially using an underhand grip and 1/2 bent over.

You get more scap retractors (traps, rhomboids, rear delts a little) out of wider grip rows to chest, especially when flexed to 90 degrees at hip.

Santee

Santee

Awards
You get more shoulder extender recruitment (lats) out of regular barbell rows to navel, especially using an underhand grip and 1/2 bent over.

You get more scap retractors (traps, rhomboids, rear delts a little) out of wider grip rows to chest, especially when flexed to 90 degrees at hip.
Thanks, barbell rows are gonna be my choice then :D ...now wheter to do them supinated like you say or pronated... Hehe

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
They both have a place as Pendlay rows are meant to be done with speed, which really helps with fiber recruitment for bench. However, BB rows have more TUT and are a better mass builder.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
They both have a place as Pendlay rows are meant to be done with speed, which really helps with fiber recruitment for bench. However, BB rows have more TUT and are a better mass builder.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Props to you Rodja, you are the training masta!

tunnelrat

tunnelrat

Awards
  • Established
This ^