pendlay rows vs bent barbells rows
- 11-05-2011, 11:44 PM
- 11-06-2011, 12:11 AM
- 11-06-2011, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by bboyflashMy Workout Log
11-06-2011, 04:46 PM
You get more shoulder extender recruitment (lats) out of regular barbell rows to navel, especially using an underhand grip and 1/2 bent over.
You get more scap retractors (traps, rhomboids, rear delts a little) out of wider grip rows to chest, especially when flexed to 90 degrees at hip.
11-06-2011, 10:53 PM
Thanks, barbell rows are gonna be my choice then ...now wheter to do them supinated like you say or pronated... HeheOriginally Posted by ZiR RED
My Workout Log
11-06-2011, 10:55 PM
They both have a place as Pendlay rows are meant to be done with speed, which really helps with fiber recruitment for bench. However, BB rows have more TUT and are a better mass builder.
M.Ed. Ex Phys
11-06-2011, 11:00 PM
[QUOTE=Santee;3074625]Wouldn't that just work the rear delts?[/QUOd
Depends on grip width and if you tuck in or flare out your elbows...
11-06-2011, 11:01 PM
11-15-2011, 02:22 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By StangBanger in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 16Last Post: 05-18-2011, 10:06 PM
- By MrKleen73 in forum Training ForumReplies: 211Last Post: 10-08-2010, 01:41 PM
- By DerickVonD in forum Training ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 04-08-2010, 05:46 PM
- By dave12 in forum Training ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 07-23-2009, 09:35 PM
- By khan8 in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 21Last Post: 07-05-2006, 05:47 PM